It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History's 10 Most Mysterious Disappearances

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This video was posted up today and I thought it was kind of cool to share. Im sure a lot of what is shown has been gone over by the members here at some point, and with that in mind, I am hoping the members will share links they know of pertaining to any of the mysteries that are shown on the video for us to explore.

I personally found numbers 8,5,4 to be new to me and really hope someone can point to some of the better topics on here about them. Maybe they or others will be new to other members as well.

Anyhow, the video is about 9 minutes long, but it was put together pretty well so enjoy

This may or may not be the forum for this, but it was my best guess for a place to post it. I find paranormal to be mysterious, and some these disappearance seem at the very least, a bit unusual.
edit on 9/25/13 by onehuman because: typo

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Thank you for the video. I only knew 1 story on that whole compilation: The Roanoke Island mystery. I know it well. When I was in grade school, our class had a choice of topics to write about. I chose the Roanoke disappearance. It is the very first time I became fascinated in the paranormal which has now branched to many different interests like cryptozoology, conspiracy theories, ghosts, cold cases, etc.. I think I still have the research paper I wrote on it. I remember my classmates thinking I was weird for choosing that one. All the other topics were just normal events in history.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I think that for the Merchant Royal, it is easy to see why one would disappear with 1 billion on board, especially 400 years ago... lol AND, it would be real easy to have "clues" disappear with a billion in the pockets... That bad weather would have been a very nice cover story...

Some of the stories were new to me. Nice, and thanks.
Will look into a few of them.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I have not previously heard of any of these occurrences.

Thanks for the video!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I would add Richey Edwards to that list

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Maybe in 30yrs Jon Cotners grandson can go on tube and pretend to be, him, or not.

la tristesse durera.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
any bets on that b52 full of nukes defecting ala red october.... i mean how else could they have found no sign ? star and flag op i had not heard of most of these thanks for sharing

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
These have been bugging me all day and now that Im not busy, I did begin a search here on ATS to see if any of these have been posted about. Of course I started with the first one I hadnt seen, being number 8,
"The Kinross Incident." I was thrilled to find a great in depth post about it done in 2005. If you are curious yourself about it, I highly suggest looking this thread over.

The KINROSS INCIDENT on ATS

Now I am off to see what else I can find.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Wow, I really enjoyed the video OP. Thank you so much for sharing that with us. Quite a few of these I had no idea about. Very interesting. Again thanks.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Good video clip. I love a good mystery and often watch unsolved mysteries and the like. The total of these are suspect but to believe individually they are unsolvable it would be good to look more deeply - so may do that. Ships sinking aren't uncommon. The lost treasure - never can find them when they have all of those valuables. Or...someone did find it but didn't say anything.

With the yacht - guys maybe trying to pull something aboard, steady the boat, or get unstuck and fell over. They were headed to the Great Barrier Reef so likely encountered some problems that they all pitched in to help with. Or...not a cloud in the sky, not a scratch on the boat - just gone.

The plane ones always get me. Guy reports object that isn't supposed to be there and then is just gone. Truly unexplained stuff. At least one of all of these planes would have been found by now if it was a natural anomoly.

With the lighthouse one maybe there was a storm that prompted them to all get up and go outside to fix something being taken by the wind - then they fell over the cliff. Or someone knocked on the door, needed help, and they all went to do so, and ?

With Roanoke island - that one is weird. What did the croacians (sp?) say about them? I would assume the natives were asked. If assimilated why was not even one found? Did they inform that the colony had moved west? Or were the natives silent about it. If so it could mean fear of something they didn't want to speak of.

With the Roman soldiers sold into slavery - probably sold into sex slavery. Sad.

Anyway - now I'm in the mood for a good mystery. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Interesting vid! When it comes to freaky pilot reports here's another one from Puerto Rico in 1980 (which sounds very similar to the Valentich case).

Pilot transmission: - last words of pilot Jose Pagan Santos:

Location. Mona Channel, Caribbean Ocean near Puerto Rico

Date: June 28 1980

At 1810 Jose Antonio Maldonado Torres and his friend, Jose Pagan Santos, took off from Las Americas International Airport in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic in an Ercoupe aircraft marked N3808H.
The Ercoupe was owned by Santo’s father Jose Pagan Jimenez, an Aero
Police officer in Puerto Rico. They were bound for home in Puerto Rico. At 2003 the Las Mesas radar site and several aircraft picked up radio transmissions from N3808H:

“Mayday, Mayday, Ercoupe ocho cero, eight zero, zero, Hotel. We can see a strange object in our course, we are lost, Mayday, Mayday.”

An Iberia Airlines flight IB-976 en route from Santo Domingo to Spain responded to the Mayday and received a reply:

“Ah we are going from Santo Domingo to ah San Juan International but we found ah a weird object in our course that made us change course about three different times we got it right in front of us now at one o’clock, our heading is zero seven zero degrees…our altitude one thousand six hundred a zero seven zero degrees…our VORs got lost off frequency…”

Iberia Flight IB-976 then relayed a message from San Juan Center asking N3808H to turn on their transponder.
N3808H replied that the Ercoupe was not equipped with a transponder. At 2006 Iberia IB-976 asked for their call sing and estimated position and received this reply:

“Right now we are supposed to be a about thirty five miles from the coast of Puerto Rico but we have something weird in front of us that make us lose course all the time I changed our course a second (unintelligible) our present heading right now is three hundred we are right again in the same stuff sir.”

They were not heard from again. At 2012 the Atlantic Fleet Weapons Range verified the last radar position of N3808H as thirty five miles west of Puerto Rico. A search that included Santos’s father was then mounted which centered on this last radar position. It was discontinued after two days when no trace had been found. No trace was ever found.

The Disappearance of flight N3808H, Puerto Rico, 1980

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I find this all very interesting s+f

Although to me the Ghost Yaught should not be on there. To me it seems like a classic piece of life insurance fraud, Fake a death or Disappearance and the family profits. That seems to be the only one i could have a stab at solving. Apart from that im stumped.

All in all a good watch

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Love a good mystery. I hadn't heard of some of these before the video. I always wonder if these people who disappeared will someday just re-appear in the same places they vanished from all those years ago.

Interesting stories. I'm off to check some of them out.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I love these mysteries. A couple I hadn't heard of.
The Valentich incident is on my "most intriguing" UFO case list.

new topics

top topics

join