It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Sky Spiral 1981

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

JimOberg
These high-altitude spirals are important phenomena and have been reported around the planet since the early 1960s. I've been collecting information on them for a very long time.

I've seen ancient cave paintings and such that may suggest it goes back quite a bit further than the 60's...

Oh, and for those who say this is only the byproduct of failed missile launches or such then there is zero reason it should not be fully documented in dozens if not hundreds of photos and video evidence easily available for everyone to see. Just like failed rocket launches, test bomb explosions, ect... All can be found with empirical documented proof. So it should be easy to back up the claim this is a byproduct of a man made projectile. Just provide the photo and/or video evidence with clear precedence.
edit on 26-9-2013 by HomeBrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

So pictures of spirals on rocks means that someone saw a spiral in the sky?

I remember drawing spirals when I was a kid. I never have seen a spiral in the sky.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Phage

So pictures of spirals on rocks means that someone saw a spiral in the sky?

I remember drawing spirals when I was a kid. I never have seen a spiral in the sky.

Lol silly, obviously not. But it certainly does have an uncanny resemblance, no?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Yes.
Spirals do resemble...spirals.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Phage

Yes.
Spirals do resemble...spirals.

Great, so we agree there is a clear resemblance.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Good find OP.

The Norway spiral looked way too "clean and designed" to be the result of a malfunctioning missile, as explained by officials.

My 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Then we have these petroglyphs

www.spiralzoom.com...

www.rabbithole2.com...

(image linking isn't working for me)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

sk0rpi0n
Then we have these petroglyphs

www.spiralzoom.com...

www.rabbithole2.com...

(image linking isn't working for me)

As mentioned above, I too agree the similarity is interesting, but like also mentioned above it is just a spiral. It's proof of nothing really. This does not mean that it could not be a rendition of something they saw in the sky but certainly does not indicate that it was.

I would like to ask again, for those who say it is a by product of a failed missile launch or something akin, where is the proof of that? Certainly there would be a myriad of photo and video documentation to back up such claims if true. Just one video showing a missile launch ending in such a areal display would end all debate. Just one sequence of photos leading to a skyward spiral is all it would take.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

HomeBrew

JimOberg
These high-altitude spirals are important phenomena and have been reported around the planet since the early 1960s. I've been collecting information on them for a very long time.

I've seen ancient cave paintings and such that may suggest it goes back quite a bit further than the 60's...

Oh, and for those who say this is only the byproduct of failed missile launches or such then there is zero reason it should not be fully documented in dozens if not hundreds of photos and video evidence easily available for everyone to see. Just like failed rocket launches, test bomb explosions, ect... All can be found with empirical documented proof. So it should be easy to back up the claim this is a byproduct of a man made projectile. Just provide the photo and/or video evidence with clear precedence.
edit on 26-9-2013 by HomeBrew because: (no reason given)

Here's one from June 2012
Missi le or UFO? Thousands of people in Jordan and Israel witness spinning 'Catherine Wheel' in the sky

Not as impressive as Norway, but still strange looking

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Not a failed launch, just a spinning booster and the right lighting conditions.
Here's one from Australia.

www.redorbit.com...

Just one video showing a missile launch ending in such a areal display would end all debate.
Debate over then?

edit on 9/26/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
There are several different reasons why rockets spin [technically, 'roll' along their thrust vector], especially late in ascent. The rarest is when they actually tumble out of control. For ICBM tests, a spin usually occurs for several seconds just prior to MIRV release [eg, June 2012 'mideast' spiral, actually an announced Kapustin Yar missile test]. Solid-fuel ICBMs launched on less-than-maximum-range test flights must 'waste' excess thrust [you can't throttle or terminate early a solid fuel motor] or else overshoot their aim points, and usually do that by opening opposite side doors in the thrust chamber while rolling to cancel any course disturbances [eg Norway -- a missile test pre-warned with a NOTAMS alert -- you can see the TWIN nested spiral and how it starts simo sharply, then at the end stops sharply, creating the expanding black circle effect]. Once in orbit, discarded rocket stages that slowly tumble can spray excess fuel like a rotating lawn sprinkler. Descriptions, drawings, and photographs of all these different types of sky spirals go back about half a century. Cave drawings seem to have no relation to this, nor do slinky toys.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
One explanation for the ancient spirals which would seem to have some credibility is that. They were part of the imitation rites in many ancient societies, particularly those entering along a shamanistic path. The explanation goes a little like this. The rite of passage into adulthood and that of the shaman, was a series of rituals some of which involved the inductee being sent alone or in small groups to places that were totally dark, ie, the inside of a cave. Drugs might or might not used, it really depends on the culture and often simply the availability of such compounds. Anyway, the inductee would then simply sit in the total darkness and what happened would happen.

The brain, when starved of stimulus in a darkened place reaches a point where it then just begins to "invent" visual data that the brain perceives as a picture or, if you're of a particular bent, a "vision". One of the most common visual stimuli seen during these rituals is a spiral shape. It is therefore postulated that, given the plethora of those who saw spirals then these were the patterns that were engraved in such places as probably, as much of a diary as a religious symbol. Hence they are found in caves and on rocks from Australia through Europe, to the Americas. And yes, I've had this experience for myself and part of it did indeed include a spiral pattern. It also suggested that, some of the, seemingly, random star like dots that appear painted in ancient caves, are from the same experience and that. The Shaman would carry a stick with paint on the end into the cave stand close to the wall and when plunged into darkness reach out and daub on the wall of the cave a mark wherever the "stars" appeared in front of their eyes. Given my own experience and that of friends, I suspect this explanation for some of the various cave paintings, does have some serious merit.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Perhaps the hand drawn spirals found all over the globe left behind by ancient peoples are actually images of this phenomenon and not what archaeologists, anthropologists and modern descendants suggest they are.

Perhaps throughout history these have been more prevalent in the past. This is all extremely fascinating! S&F

Opens the doors to some fun, imaginative thinking! *thumbs up*

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

applesthateatpeople

boncho
When the first "spiral" came out, and afterwards after reading copious amounts of material explaining the missile explanation, as well as documented failed launches that looked nearly identical, I am pretty level with the "official" story.

Could you provide some photos of these documented failed launches?

I've never seen any failed launch that resembled the Norway Spiral.

Thanks.

Link

There used to be plenty but many are simply labelled, "omg ufo?" or something of the like now on youtube, and it's tough finding the originals.

There was plenty of documented ones right around the time the Norway one caught traction though...

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

While those are nice...and I don't know whether it's the quality of the cam in these videos or something else...but these rockets don't produce the effect of the Norway spiral...they produce a small spiral from the thrusters...but that's it.

In my opinion...it doesn't look definitive. But I guess, it's the only explanation besides "aliens".

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

AbleEndangered
reply to post by McGinty

1st rule about Project Bluebeam is: No talking about Project Bluebeam!!

My bad.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
China spiral video

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

EV150
China spiral video

Nice find.

What's interesting about this video is that we see the spiral being formed in a clockwise direction, then a 'flip' occurs and it continues to form in an anti-clockwise direction.

This must rule out natural phenomena (not that it had ever really been part of any theories).

I can imagine an aborted/out of control missile flipping its direction of spin.

As for wormhole theories, why would this flip occur.

And if it were of ET origin, although we obviously can't predict how their craft/transportation conduits operate, again i have to ask why such a flip might occur.

It's looking more and more like a boring old missile.

edit on 27-9-2013 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by skuly

The Norway spiral has nothing to do with aliens, failed rocket or any UFO phenomena. The Norway spiral was generated by a HAARP like facitity near the town Tromso /where the spiral was observed/. The facility is called Eiscat. You can see it here:

maps.google.com...

the day the spiral appeared, they were working on a project called "Tequilla sunrise":

www.eiscat.se...

here is a quote from Harvard scientists about similar experiment from the year 2000:

"It should be pointed out that a most remarkable optical phenomenon was observed during the two heating cycles 21:20 - 21:24 UT and 21:30 - 21:34 UT. A development of local spiral-like forms in the auroral arc near Tromso ..."

"Furthermore, the brightening and subsequent break-up of an auroral arc at 21:33:50 UT took place above Tromso.

articles.adsabs.harvard.edu...

and here is some nice illustration from the Navy with very similar shape:

wwwppd.nrl.navy.mil...

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

applesthateatpeople

boncho
When the first "spiral" came out, and afterwards after reading copious amounts of material explaining the missile explanation, as well as documented failed launches that looked nearly identical, I am pretty level with the "official" story.

Could you provide some photos of these documented failed launches?

I've never seen any failed launch that resembled the Norway Spiral.

Thanks.

Please read proposed explanations more carefully before snapping your mind shut against any prosaic suggestion while fully opening it to wilder speculations beyond the range of rational proof. For example, the claim that a spiral painted on a cave wall is any indication it was seen in the sky is the wildest supposition.

The request for earlier drawings and reports is fair. Please stand by.

The Bulava launch in December 2009 was officially said to have 'failed' during final warhead deploy but there's no evidence the spiral was a manifestation of that failure. Yes, there was some media jump-to-conclusions of that nature, but we all know how to trust quick-response press reports. To the contrary, the spiral phenomenon has appeared as a standard feature of successful launches as well. for reasons I discussed above -- did you read them?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join