It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Sky Spiral 1981

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I'm sorry but this could not have happened there, Chinese people without cameras, no way, lol

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by skuly

This is very interesting, I've definitely never heard of this incident before.The Norway Spiral has always intrigued me, it's the most amazing looking failed missile launch I've ever seen.

Thanks for sharing!

S&F

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

tayton
I'm sorry but this could not have happened there, Chinese people without cameras, no way, lol

You are confused. The proper stereotype is Japanese people with cameras. Please get your racial stereotypes straight.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

ImpactoR
It could be a natural phenomenon, some circulation in the air that probably scientists have not found about.

Hmm, possibly a tornado like phenomenon that extends out into space. Maybe taking place in the magnetosphere.

The exotic phenomenon of energetic ion conic formation by plasma waves in the magnetosphere is considered. Two particular transverse heating mechanisms are reviewed in detail: lower hybrid energization of ions in the boundary layer of the plasma sheet and electromagnetic ion cyclotron resonance heating in the central region of the plasma sheet. Mean particle calculations, plasma simulations and analytical treatments of the heating processes are described.

I am sure there are other sources and I believe this is a relatively new discovery.

www.sciencedirect.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

NightSkyeB4Dawn

It remains me of the drawings found on the wall of some aboriginal caves in Australia. I think they also found some on other caves some place else but I can't remember which one.

There are a bunch of cave paintings/drawings that show spirals.
One school of thought suggests these are the early stages of Shamanic journies brought on through the use of "visionary substances".

The less said the better I expect.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Great find, S&F

Striking resemblance to this ancient carving (sorry, but i can't for the life of me remember where i found the pic, or where the carving is)

I did a thread about the spiral a few years back

Is the Norway Spiral in fact the Serpent Rope ?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I haven't really anything to add to this one other than it's intriguing. It does seem that this is a by product of missile launches. Assuming that's the case then what causes this phenomena? And if it isn't then it becomes even more interesting a topic.

Star and a flag because it's something beyond the normal run of the mill posts on here.

ETA :

Just found this

July 24, 1981 (Friday) Kosmos 1275, a Soviet satellite that had been launched on June 4, was struck by debris while in orbit 600 miles (970 km) over Alaska, breaking into more than 140 pieces of space junk.[57]

In one of the largest alleged UFO sightings, thousands of people in China claimed to have observed a bright object surrounded by "Saturn-like rings" in Tibet, flying for seven minutes. China's official Xinhua News Agency reported the story eleven days later.[59]

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

No idea if the Kosmos story was linked but the UFO sighting quite possibly was.
edit on 26/9/13 by mirageman because: Additional info

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

The Chinese deployed their first ballistic missile program, using two domestically produced IRBM and one ICBM missile type by the end of 1981.

Looks like a failed test to me.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

NightSkyeB4Dawn

It remains me of the drawings found on the wall of some aboriginal caves in Australia. I think they also found some on other caves some place else but I can't remember which one.

I've seen them in Utah, nine mile canyon... And black dragon canyon

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
so these failed rockets/missiles are regularly being tested/fired over toodamncloseforcomfort populated areas ??

That is comforting. I am glad no one is bothered by that fact.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

MarioOnTheFly
so these failed rockets/missiles are regularly being tested/fired over toodamncloseforcomfort populated areas ??

That is comforting. I am glad no one is bothered by that fact.

Mario, you gotta remember once in the vacuum of space, there's no veiling by thicker atmosphere at greater distances. Some of these spirals are clearly high enough to be safely in orbit, and others -- such as Norway's -- was way out over the Barents Sea where the Russians had even released NOTAMS warnings to avoid.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

safely in orbit

Pardon my ignorance, but wouldn't than they be visible to greater areas ?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

MarioOnTheFly

safely in orbit

Pardon my ignorance, but wouldn't than they be visible to greater areas ?

No ignorance apparent.

Ground visibility would be for great distances, limited by cloud cover. And for norway, that was exactly what some researchers did, because you can get that information from metsat data bases.

Your question is EXACTLY the proper line of reasoning to guide digging into these stories. Keep at it.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I'm refreshing my memory with the pic of the Norway spiral. Now, there are two distinct spiraling "objects". One sort off bluish smaller spiral, which could be the exaust of a rocket perhaps....but what is this white vortex that appears to be sucking in the "rocket" ?

So the current understanding is that this represents a rocket...that perhaps spun out of control ? How do you explain the white vortex ?

edit:

Ok. I found the official explanation...

The peculiar spiral shaped light pattern comes from reflection of the sun in the leaking fuel.”

Read more: www.universetoday.com...

edit on 26-9-2013 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I can't believe no one's mentioned Project Bluebeam... oops, i just did.

But seriously, is it me or is no one talking about bluebeam anymore?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

MarioOnTheFly
Ok. I found the official explanation...

The peculiar spiral shaped light pattern comes from reflection of the sun in the leaking fuel.”

Not exactly. The spiral is a feature of many types of launches, rarely associated with a failure.

Give me a day or so, OK?
edit on 26-9-2013 by JimOberg because: punctuation

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

There's a general theory that the inspiration for drawing these type of patterns came from taking hallucinogenic drugs.

But the thing that makes we wonder is, how do we know it was adults drawing these, and not bored teenagers exploring the back of the cave complex during some boring rainy weekend?

Who else would think of mushing up red berries to make ink, then putting their hand against the wall and spitting them out to make a hand silhouette pattern. Was it some kind of reminder not to eat red berries?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

1st rule about Project Bluebeam is: No talking about Project Bluebeam!!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

These upper atmosphere whirlwinds cause warmer air to be sucked up into the upper stratosphere forming clouds and the sun reflects from an angle onto them and you see what looks like a swirling light. But it is just atmospheric movement and they have been seen for thousands of years.

edit on 26-9-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

boncho
When the first "spiral" came out, and afterwards after reading copious amounts of material explaining the missile explanation, as well as documented failed launches that looked nearly identical, I am pretty level with the "official" story.

Could you provide some photos of these documented failed launches?

I've never seen any failed launch that resembled the Norway Spiral.

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join