It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Sky Spiral 1981

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
28 years before the norway spiral a similar object appeared over the sky of Sichuan and Yunnan
provinces on the 24th July 1981 on a moonless night.

At 10:38 pm a Bright point of light was spotted moving across the sky and as the light got brighter
bands of clouds started to form around the light in the shape of a spiral which sounds much
like the norway object.

"The glimmer became brighter, began to oscillata and then a cloud-like band of light
formed around the circumference of the bright spot. The huge spiral
shaped UFO with its bright silver color lighting up the cloudless
night sky was an especially striking, magnificent and grand sight in
contrast with the star-studded sky. In the brief six or seven minutes
from its appearance to its disappearance, some 10,000,000 people simultaneously
witnessed this extraordinary sight in the .night sky.:"

China 1981 was very different to today with very few people owning cameras so even with
10 million people there were only a few photos taken so the above is drawings by the people
who saw the object.

The Air Force Systems Command report which came out two years later was not impressed
with the spiral and just put it down as man made.

DoD PDF

One day we will know what it is but at the moment I'll put down as one really big Chinese lantern.

edit on 25/9/2013 by skuly because: i really should check my spelling first then post.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Really interesting thread,

You get a S&F from me but i have to say i really would like more info on this

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

That's one I did not know about, thanks! S & F

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

thanks for that.. shame there is not more information or pictures available..

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
These high-altitude spirals are important phenomena and have been reported around the planet since the early 1960s. I've been collecting information on them for a very long time.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

There really not much out there on this one but try these.

TOPSECRETWRITERS

CHINA.org

If there wasn't for the PDF i would not had posted as there is almost nothing out on the net
just a few reports on fringe ufo sites.

Edit: Here a thread by JimOberg posted 3 years ago with newpaper link.

China UFO Update -- Spiral Images

JimOberg i gave you a s&f for the link.
edit on 25/9/2013 by skuly because: adding

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

JimOberg
These high-altitude spirals are important phenomena and have been reported around the planet since the early 1960s. I've been collecting information on them for a very long time.

Then please go author a thread on it because i want to know more.

starting with what the hell they really are

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

JimOberg

The often correspond to known missile and space activities, as the so-called 'Norway Spiral' [actually, the Barents Sea spiral], in December 2009.

EDIT: And quite by coincidence I started this thread with video of a similar phenomenon -- likely a secret missile launch -- over the canaries.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 25-9-2013 by JimOberg because: add

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

JimOberg

OtherSideOfTheCoin

JimOberg

The often correspond to known missile and space activities, as the so-called 'Norway Spiral' [actually, the Barents Sea spiral], in December 2009.

EDIT: And quite by coincidence I started this thread with video of a similar phenomenon -- likely a secret missile launch -- over the canaries.

Like the other poster said, I would love a thread that delved into the history of these events.

Be nice to be able to point it to missile testing and correlate it.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

So Norway just copied China aye? Just waited a few years so it'd come across as an original, I saw what you did there Norway, nice work. All joking aside, I wonder if it's just some kind of rare phenomenon as it seems to happen in plain view of everyone, where UFO's tend to be for the most part singular incidents witnessed by a few...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

benrl

JimOberg

OtherSideOfTheCoin

JimOberg

Like the other poster said, I would love a thread that delved into the history of these events.

Be nice to be able to point it to missile testing and correlate it.

I remember seeing a documentary or video on it, and if I remember correctly, it has to do with the upper atmosphere. I'll try to do a bit of research and post what I can about it. I can tell you now that missiles testing had nothing to do with it

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

JimOberg

Well please, am very interested in this thread, please let us know more information from what you`ve been collecting. It would add a lot more clout to this important phenomena.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
It remains me of the drawings found on the wall of some aboriginal caves in Australia. I think they also found some on other caves some place else but I can't remember which one.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
What if: Its been happening before Missile Technology?

All kinds of spirals in cave art

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

Cave art from a number of countries show spirals, so unless our cavemen ancestors were sending missiles off into space. They only painted what they saw, and they saw spirals in the sky. And were as clueless as to the origins as we are.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
When the first "spiral" came out, and afterwards after reading copious amounts of material explaining the missile explanation, as well as documented failed launches that looked nearly identical, I am pretty level with the "official" story.

Although, this is pretty interesting, and so are other depictions throughout history of things similar. It definitely gives the active mind something to run off with in a day dream about portals being created in the sky and subsequently being covered up over the years.

Curious what kind of missiles were being tested over that region during the period. Russia or USSR is just a stone's throw away, and there have been more failed missile launches recently from them that created the exact same effect in China.

That being said, the official story still holds ground.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Star and flag, love this subject. These things freak me out and interest me at the same time. Dunno what they are. Thank you for posting this.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
It could be a natural phenomenon, some circulation in the air that probably scientists have not found about.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
very interesting indeed. i never believed the oficial explanation of the norway spiral. this old chinese story is new to me- seems to be the same.

whatever the norway spiral is it def. does not look natural. a failed rocket-launch ? never saw any photo of something remotely similar happening in any rocket launch.after reading about this china incident i believe that even less.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Great thread skuly. Star & flag.
Seems there isn't many great threads about on this site anymore...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join