It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama on Obamacare: “We did raise taxes on some things.”

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

And by “some things,” he means uninsured families, medical devices, workplace flex accounts, small businesses, Health Savings Accounts, savings income, uni

During his Tuesday remarks at the Clinton Global Initiative, President Obama admitted that his health care law raises taxes: “So what we did — it’s paid for by a combination of things. We did raise taxes on some things.”

“Some things” is an understatement. Below is just a partial list of Obamacare’s new or higher taxes on Americans:

Yep.

We knew it !!

They were screaming in 2009 that it wasn't 'a tax'.

And they were right.

It is 'many taxes' !!!!

Now he somehow 'outlines' all of it.

OOOps !!!

Too many to quote, see the article.

All part of the "A heavy progressive or graduated income tax" agenda.
[ plank #2 --- Manifest der Kommunistischen Partei), KarlMarx and Friedrich Engels, 1848 ]

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity

I know that Americans dont really like tax very much (who does though)

but at the same time health insurance comes with lots of problem's of its own

So would Americans accept say a new tax, a "health tax" if you like, where by everyone pays out a additional 2% (or whatever) on their salary in return for "free" health care for all?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

It raised taxes on some things? Oh....I see... This is like saying a revolution ruins some people's whole day, or perhaps drowning usually happens in water? Maybe NASA will announce tomorrow that Space is actually a pretty cold place...but only in ...some ways.

Nice catch and some threads? I wish I wasn't away from my home system. I've got a few summary graphics of taxes programmed into the PPACA from 2009 to 2014 for schedule. it's ..umm..more than a few things, to be as generous as humanly possible for how that's put.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Obama Says It's NOT a Tax.

On "This Week," George Stephanopoulos and President Obama have a colorful discussion over Obama's health care reform proposal.

Stephanopoulos takes issue with a mandate that obligates Americans to purchase health insurance, or risk being fined as much as $900. "How is that not a tax?"

"A responsibility to get health insurance is not a tax increase," Obama said.

Stephanopoulos then tells Obama that he looked up the definition of "tax" in Merriam Webster's dictionary.

"The fact that you looked up... the definition of tax increase indicates that you're stretching a little bit right now," Obama responded.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
Just out of curiosity

So would Americans accept say a new tax, a "health tax" if you like, where by everyone pays out a additional 2% (or whatever) on their salary in return for "free" health care for all?

Like maybe something like 'universal' Medicare ?

It might work, but the 'tax' part would be much higher than 2%.

The Medicare 'tax' is currently 3.8% ( I think ) and Medicare only covers people 65 and older, plus some people on Federal disability.

And Medicare has 'gaps' and 'notches' that force people to pay anyway.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I've posted so many issues with this new "healthcare", I won't repeat it all again here. It really sucks having to deal with this, here at the company I work for. The more I learn, the madder I get.

So, all I can really say, is that I feel sorry for any American here in the US that has to deal with this debacle.
And it is only going to get worse.

And by the way Mr. President, you didn't just raise "some" taxes. You also created new ones. My company is going to be a victim of one of the new ones, so thanks for that!!!!!!
edit on 25-9-2013 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

To be honest, I don't think I'll accept any Government run medical system with anything like the current or recent Governments our nation has seen. It's already become worse than what many of us compared it to.

Want to see Government Health Care? The Veterans Administration is as far as anyone needs to look. I also know some here defend the VA as being a great place ...but I'll say I've never met a Vet in person, including family, to have had anything nice to say about the way that operates. Not even a little nice.

We aren't even officially on the PPACA guidelines and regulations and it's already 10 kinds of screwed up with more humor in a sad kind of way for what has been done than anything else. An Apple a day keeps the Doctor away.....and those will become words to stay alive by, I fear. Our medical system is sliding with the rest of the nation into developed world quality.

Hope and Change...indeed.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This guy is a liar. End of Story.

He needs to be impeached.

Im tired of all of the lies.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
Just out of curiosity

That wouldn't really make it "free" would it?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
After digesting all of the cold hard realities of Obamacare and it's implications as it pertains to middle class and lower middle class Americans, I am quite frankly shocked that anyone can support it, even liberals. It really is just a horrible piece of legislation, one for the history books if it is actually implemented.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Again My friend, You've done an Excellent Job of getting the news out to the masses.

(Delayed by Obama to 2015) Obamacare Employer Mandate Tax: If an employer does not offer health coverage, and at least one employee qualifies for a health tax credit, the employer must pay an additional non-deductible tax of $2,000 for all full-time employees. This provision applies to all employers with 50 or more employees. If any employee actually receives coverage through the exchange, the penalty on the employer for that employee rises to $3,000. If the employer requires a waiting period to enroll in coverage of 30-60 days, there is a $400 tax per employee ($600 if the period is 60 days or longer).

Read more: atr.org...
Follow us: @taxreformer on Twitter

People wonder Why Americans are being thrown in to a 30 hour work week or less!

edit on 25-9-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I wonder Dear Sir....Would you mind if I used that graphic to make a bumper sticker? I can't think of a better way to put it. It's simple, right to the point and accurate. Perfect for the 1-3 seconds most people have to read a sticker.

I've never put a political sticker on a vehicle I've owned before...mainly for concern over vandalism. I think this might be an exception though. I'd hate for anyone to mistake my overall world view, even in traffic. lol

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
One of two things will happen:

1. The ACA "Obamacare" will be an utter failure, and Congress will be forced to completely rewrite it/repeal it.

2. It actually might work, and all this fear mongering and doom & gloom is propaganda by the Republicans. If it does work, they're afraid they'll look like uncaring bastards who didn't want to help Americans.

So, either way we're not "totally screwed". If Obamacare is half as bad as some of you guys are carrying on about -- it won't last very long, as even registered Democrats would feel the hurt and demand it reworked/overturned.

Besides, this is ATS -- everything is always sensationalized here.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's Mrs. the husband is still out of country,,,,,,

Yes by all means, use it and I'm going to send you a message with an even better one.

Not to be off topic,,, So I'll Say This.
We All Knew This Was going To Be a Tax and We'd be Fined or Penalized By The IRS at TAX Time.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
You know I would gladly pay a tax for health care for all americans, More so than my taxes going to all these ridiculous War on ____ insert government expenditure.

Problem is, thats not what this is in any way shape or form, its a tax designed to force you to buy an INSURANCE product marketed by an INSURANCE COMPANY.

It would be like a Cell phone tax for not having ATT, its BS.

Im all for a "european" health care system, but that is so far from what they are trying to implement its not even funny.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
Just out of curiosity

This system looks to be shaping up very badly. Its not even looking like anything the UK has.

They are going to fine folks that want to opt out of buying any sort of insurance. and the fines are going to be staggering to the ordinary working Joe eventually.

Also it looks like the government system will be a single payer/participant deal, no family plans which mean that parents will have to pay full rounds, per month for each child and each parent which looks likes its going to end up being 10 what my household pays right now.

We need to get the tar and feathers out around here once again.

If what I hear is true this will brake me one way or the other. I will work all month and give the government almost all of it in exchange for healthcare of some sort that were hardly use. This amounts to slavery.
edit on 25-9-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

benrl
You know I would gladly pay a tax for health care for all americans, More so than my taxes going to all these ridiculous War on ____ insert government expenditure.

Problem is, thats not what this is in any way shape or form, its a tax designed to force you to buy an INSURANCE product marketed by an INSURANCE COMPANY.

This is what happened to the day care/child care industry. The government was paying so much per child that the day care centers expected a couple not on welfare to match the rate. And then the government put restrictions on small home providers to force folks to take it up the Azz like this.

This will happen to Joe regular working man and his working wife. They will pay dearly and have problems with health care while Madame and Sir "Hay I got me some wavers" will be down their getting a manicure at thier expense.
edit on 25-9-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

guohua
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's Mrs. the husband is still out of country,,,,,,

Yes by all means, use it and I'm going to send you a message with an even better one.

Not to be off topic,,, So I'll Say This.
We All Knew This Was going To Be a Tax and We'd be Fined or Penalized By The IRS at TAX Time.

Yea we don't have a king any more. But we do have some fat headed bastard in a black robe. Now all he needs is a hood.

Some folks here an ATS were calling this a tax long before this idiot ever opened his mouth.

We need to overturn this in the worst way. Lets elect the tea party next round, constitutional party anything but get these f"in gagbots out of Washington.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Wait till people do not get their 'tax refund' checks. You see, if you file your taxes, even an EZ1040, you will have to prove you have covered care or pay a tax. A non Compliance Tax. This is why the IRS is stacking up on guns...to protect themselves. It may not be this year but if this stays in effect, in 2016, the penalty is over 2000 dollars for multiple adults.

They can withhold your refund for all sorts of reasons...do you think they will NOT when they have a law to do it and you cannot do anything to stop it?

The FSA cap is a bitch also. It used to be a good alternative. This will affect those with special needs kids and other high priced needs. It will have to after tax dollars to make up the difference.

Make them poor...take their guns...make them dependant...WTF folks wake up....

edit on 09pm30pmfu2013-09-25T16:21:44-05:000444 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
One of two things will happen:

1. The ACA "Obamacare" will be an utter failure, and Congress will be forced to completely rewrite it/repeal it.

2. It actually might work, and all this fear mongering and doom & gloom is propaganda by the Republicans. If it does work, they're afraid they'll look like uncaring bastards who didn't want to help Americans.

So, either way we're not "totally screwed". If Obamacare is half as bad as some of you guys are carrying on about -- it won't last very long, as even registered Democrats would feel the hurt and demand it reworked/overturned.

Besides, this is ATS -- everything is always sensationalized here.

Sensationalized. Well today Schumer said we need to take it like "green eggs and ham". You know Sam I Am from preschool days. He's trying to tap into the inner dumb child through that gate way. (sar).

But anyway resorting to nursery rhymes. Heck maybe he just likes kids. Or stupid dumb stories. He often reminds me of a ......(fitb) pretty boy. Little Joey Schumer hot head, perfect hair, perfect dress, perfect az..ole.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join