It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI releases Video Footage of Shooter at Washington Navy Yard

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

starviego
From the timeline:

www.washingtonpost.com...
timeline:
8:16am
Alexis shoots the first victim in the west side of the fourth floor, and the first 911 call is made immediately afterward. A four-person active-shooter team is assembled and reaches the Navy Yard in two minutes.

8:26am
Alexis arrives in the first-floor lobby. He kills a security guard and takes the guard's handgun, a 9mm semiautomatic Beretta. FBI Director James Comey said security video shows that Alexis appears to run out of shells, drops the shotgun and begins firing with the handgun.

9:25am
After multiple encounters with law enforcement officers, Alexis is fatally shot in the head in a third-floor office
"It was a fierce, major gun battle,” (Navy Capt. Christopher)Mercer said. “Bullets were flying through my office, over our heads, and kept going for minutes. Then, I heard, ‘Shooter down. Shooter down.’ ”

www.washingtonpost.com... 5d-5b7f66349852_story.html
The shotgun was found on the first floor of Building 197, near the identification badge that had allowed Alexis access, court papers say.
Near Alexis’s body(on the third floor), authorities said, they found a 9mm semiautomatic pistol — which police have previously said was taken from a security guard he had killed in the first-floor lobby. The documents say the handgun was loaded, even after Alexis’s gunfire exchange in the final battle with police.

Questions:

--How could Alexis continue on his rampage for an hour if first responders were there within minutes?

--How many of the victims were shot with the handgun vs. the shotgun?  How could he have killed victims and engaged in multiple shootouts with police and still have rounds left in the 9mm pistol? 

--How is it that Alexis caught the security guard by surprise, and how was Alexis able to grab the pistol with numerous cops now entering the building?

--Did the entrance to Building 197 include an airport-style metal detector?  If so, their official version falls apart right there.

/

I cannot speak for that building specifically, but in general, you're not going to find airport-style metal detectors in the lobbies of most buildings on bases. I work off base but in a controlled facility, no metal detectors where I am at. I also cannot recall ever seeing one in ANY building on either the NG base or the huge AFB in my area, and I've been on both of those bases quite a bit. Having worked on the Navy contract for over 8 years now, I've never heard any of my base-homed co-workers complain about having to go through any metal detectors of that sort.

So speaking with at least a "semi" educated voice ... I certainly cant say there are no detectors in any buildings, but I'm going to venture a guess that no, there was no metal detector where he entered.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

It was a full length shotgun and he cut the stock off and taped over the rough part where he cut.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
they guy looks like he thinks hes in a xbox game

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I can see where you could say that, but, would you not have done that 'prior' to your attack. He took the time to cut it, carve it and hide it but waited to add the tape? I was thinking more like maybe he wanted to take hostages and then thought different which would change the why of the story.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join