learn more

FBI releases Video Footage of Shooter at Washington Navy Yard

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Hi all

I just saw this and thought I would share..

Gripping footage of the navy yard shooter

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I would think they have more video. Wonder what is left out. I suppose some shooting which is most likely not going to be shown,

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I have to wonder what the hell could possibly be going through his head in those moments...

There has got to be more footage...

Oh yeah...that reminds me, not trying to change the subject but since we're talking about video footage - does anyone know if any footage was ever released from @ Sandy Hook or the Colorado theatre - I don't remember ever seeing anything on either of those...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

That's gut wrenching to watch. You can see the intent in his body language.

It's easy to believe that moments later he will have wracked up a body count.

I wonder why this footage has been released?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

I wonder too, it's strange seeing him with just a shotgun, running the hallways unnoticed. Then again who knows what they cut out. I read he was going to the 4th floor, but only made it to the 3rd when he encountered people. (Probably those people at the end of the hallway before it cuts off)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

What just blows me away is that you can see that shotgun right on his back as he entered the security checkpoint. They cut off that part of the video so no idea how the security at the door responded. Would have been nice to have seen a little more of that since that is one of the big questions people are asking--how he got in with a loaded weapon. It's a base but considering he's entering what appears to be an administration building, I would've thought he would've been asked to put his firearm locked in the trunk of his car.

I found that shocking though. I had thought perhaps he had hidden it beneath a coat but nope...And wasn't anybody watching the security feeds? How could they not have noticed his behavior?
edit on 25/9/13 by WhiteAlice because: forgot words.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SixX18

It almost looks like he has an objective or something...why would he be sneaking around if he's just looking for a body count?

Did they ever give us a motive?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It is very disturbing that they are more than willing to make public surveillance footage of this and so many other high profile incidents but refuse to make public footage of Adam Lanza entering that school or James Holmes at the movie theater when both locations are documented as using video surveillance.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I also wonder why it has been released because we sure can't get the FBI to release the footage of a plane hitting the pentagon on 911 and its 12 years later.
edit on 25-9-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

coldkidc
reply to post by SixX18

It almost looks like he has an objective or something...why would he be sneaking around if he's just looking for a body count?

Did they ever give us a motive?

The most solid conclusion I read was there is 1 door to enter, and a 2nd door during rush hour when people are entering and leaving the building. He went through the 2nd, and walked in behind someone who had a card that they swiped to unlock the door. He then killed the first security guard, and shot the 2nd guard in the leg. (Also there are reports he took the 1st guards gun, as a secondary weapon.) He was heading to the 4th floor because he had a connection to something on that floor while he was employed in the Navy. He got to floor 3, and encountered people so that's where he started shooting.

I'll search for the source.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

TheLieWeLive
reply to post by MDDoxs

I too wonder why it has been releases because we sure can't get the FBI to release the footage of a plane hitting the pentagon on 911 and its 12 years later.

My thoughts exactly.
The quick release of this video can only serve to highten the emotional response from the event.
It serves no other purpose.

I think this really was a "manchurian candidate" psyop. To serve as both a distraction from Syria and to get the Anti Gun debate back into full swing.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This was released to show he had the shotgun. It also shows he was not crazy and indiscriminately shooting.

this on his gun is what got me...

The phrases "End to the torment!,” “Not what yall say!,” “Better off this way!,” and “My ELF weapon!” were etched into the recovered shotgun, the bureau said.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Some observations:
--Alexis is wearing black BDUs and a blue shirt. That is consistent with some descriptions of the shooter, but not others.
--The bag he is carrying into the building looks too small to carry the shotgun, even if it was disassembled.
--Judging by his movements, Alexis could have been an armed responder to the shooting, not the perpetrator.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

OneManArmy

TheLieWeLive
reply to post by MDDoxs

I too wonder why it has been releases because we sure can't get the FBI to release the footage of a plane hitting the pentagon on 911 and its 12 years later.

My thoughts exactly.
The quick release of this video can only serve to highten the emotional response from the event.

I think this really was a "manchurian candidate" psyop. To serve as both a distraction from Syria and to get the Anti Gun debate back into full swing.

Well the video is edited for continuity alright, as for MC, the guy is saying he thought he was controlled by radio waves!
edit on 25-9-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

TheLieWeLive
reply to post by MDDoxs

I'm still waiting for the Boston bombers video!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I did not expect to react like i did to this video.

He doesnt move like a soldier does in games or TV news clips, but he has an almost playful or happy body language about his moments.

Really creepy and terrifying.

edit on 25-9-2013 by Biigs because: cleaerer

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Yeah, remind me more of a teenaged boy's moves in a game of paintball or laser tag than an assault. Was pretty darn creepy indeed.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Biigs
I did not expect to react like i did to this video.

He doesnt move like a soldier does in the games, but he has an almost playful or happy body language about his moments.

Really creepy and terrifying.

edit on 25-9-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

I immediately thought of a kid playing laser tag.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

smurfy

OneManArmy

TheLieWeLive
reply to post by MDDoxs

My thoughts exactly.

as for MC, the guy is saying he thought he was controlled by radio waves!

Exactly.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

smurfy

TheLieWeLive
reply to post by MDDoxs

I'm still waiting for the Boston bombers video!

Im still waiting for the Oklahoma video.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join