It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canary Islands UFO, Sep 10 after sundown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This video was taken from Roque de los Muchachos, La Palma (28.7340°N, 17.8803°W), at 10. Sep 2013, about 21:23 UT

www.scilogs.de...

Has anybody seen any UFO reports from the Canaries, or Spain, or sea or air traffic, to back this up?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Impressive bit of footage, quite different from the normal pin prick of light videos we've got used to via youtube.....I haven't got a clue what it is though

ETA:

Apparently there are claims that it was a clandestine US Trident SLBM test launched from an Ohio-class submerged submarine.
Source
edit on 25/9/2013 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Already a thread on this timelapse.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This is a time lapse video so we do not really know how long that object in question took to cross the sky...more info needed. Could be a weather balloon, satellite, comet, plane, etc...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
That is kind of interesting indeed. I dont know about others, but when I first tried to look at it, I was using my phone (android 4G Samsung) and it didnt play as the gif. I know many may try to view it that way themselves and might run into the same problem and say all they see is a bright star. Glad I came onto my pc to check it out though. Hope others do as well.

I forgot to notice the time lapse if there was any. Any idea how long that took to travel that distance?

eta: ok never mind, lol so much info pops up will one is typing. I feel all caught up now thank you.
edit on 9/25/13 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Clandestine launch in Mid-Atlantic

Apparently a secret balistic missile test.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Hmmm....loooking at it, it appears to me to be a transparent, gossamer like balloon envelope carrying a payload beneath (which has a beacon incorporated).

Could be wrong, but i can discern a balloon shape against the black sky, but it is very faint and hard to make out.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
By my guess 41 minutes. I used the star walk app on the iPhone to to count from the time the sun was in 1 position to the time it set.

SPIDER! Brb!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

Clandestine launch in Mid-Atlantic

Apparently a secret balistic missile test. [/quote/]

OK good now we know what it was.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Sorry that was not the sun but another star. Non the less it took 40 mins to set below the horizon.

new topics

top topics

join