It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Tanks" Dispel Anti-War Protest in USA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Those are not LAV's, as someone who has worked with them extensively in my years in the Marines, I know that the vehicles there were not LAV-25's or any other variant of the LAV. The LAV is much taller, and the turret is smaller and in a more forward position. Do some research before you misidentify something again.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
It appears human intelligence has hit a new alltime low. Can he possibly go lower? I am going to let myself be surprised.

It can get lower by believing they would send friggin' tanks to a little (and nonviolent) protest like that....

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Sorry boys - this was never debunked.

It was squashed, censored and silenced - but not debunked. Every authority and agency involved released a different story to "explain" the tanks' presence.

The existence of those cover-up stories does not amount to debunking - it just illustrates incompetent damge control. The acceptance of the contradictory cover up stories indicates a gullible populace, eager for reassurance.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Sorry boys - this was never debunked.

Will you really stand by this. I like you, I don't want to embarrass you.

Indymedia debunked it themselves

Have you seen the photos.

The guys are asking for directions...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Seems you want it to be that the tanks were there to break up the protest. Why? (especially when it's clearly not the truth)

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Watch the whole video for yourselves...It's a .mov quicktime formatted movie.

Really, Of all the people to cry fould I did...4 months ago for crying out loud...this is old and forgotten because it wasn't anything

Soficrow as a rebel of the union I have to say please advocate for our cause by spreading real information not this stuff.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
Watch the whole video for yourselves...It's a .mov quicktime formatted movie.

Really, Of all the people to cry fould I did...4 months ago for crying out loud...this is old and forgotten because it wasn't anything

Soficrow as a rebel of the union I have to say please advocate for our cause by spreading real information not this stuff.

EDIT: P.S. most indy sites took it off because it was an embarassment. If they kept shouting this people would think them less credible and crazy. They took their military helmets off and were leaning over talking to people asking for directions, pointing towards roads and looking confused...They were lost.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
If you want to complain about paramilitary at protests I do too but let's get real. That protest in LA was small. I was at the WTO ministerial meetings between the 29th and 31st of november. I think those are the days I can't remember. The mother of all protests, the introudction of the Anti-globalization movement to the clueless.

We sacrificed our safety and sanity to get the word out to millions.

1999 I battled these pigs and they kicked our azzez

About 300,000 - 250,000 people. They herded us around like cowboys and abused us. U.S. citizens with our 'God-given' inalienable rights.

Now you can disagree with anything we believe in, but don't you believe inthe constitution too.

Oddly the image is titled peackeepers.

I got gassed 3 times and pelted with rubber bullets and hit with batons for holding a sign that says Fair Trade for Free People

I'm sorry was I in America or CHINA....And people tell me I have no freedom in a Tyranous China...

Sorry I protest in China too!

[edit on 3-3-2005 by 00PS]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This is back? I still think it was for the Halo 2 release promo..lol

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I researched the story thoroughly before I wrote it - and found several "legitimate" but contradictory explanations of why the tanks were there. Each one of those stories was fully substantiated, with eye witness reports and soldier's statements.

The two top stories were:

1) There was an event at that location the next day, the tanks were to be on display, and the soldiers just brought them early;

2) The tanks were on their way somewhere else, the soldiers got lost because they didn't know the freeways, and ended up at the protest accidentally.

The LA Times article headline was, "Military's Presence at Antiwar Rally Is Called a Coincidence."

My reading: It's entirely possible that somebody screwed up - miscalculated, jumped the gun, whatever. They got caught with their pants down and slipped into denial mode.

The LA Times had no proof - so went with innuendo.

...A LOT of energy went into damage control on this event. ...and yes, it was used as a lever to try and destroy Indymedia's credibility.

...Do I think the story was debunked? No, I think it was censored.

Do I think there is evidence of a conspiracy? ...Not sure. I think there is enough evidence to keep asking questions. But yes, I think it's quite likely that a bunch of yahoos thought they could get away with a trial run for military intimidation on American soil.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Yeah but you can't explain why Indymedia took it off their websites with minimal reference still left. Because they were wrong. They were wrong. Of course damange control

I am with the ANTI Globalization faction. I am not supporting the administration I am just saying you are wrong. Sorry I went up and down the west coast protesting and I'll tell you they do many other things then send tanks. They infiltrate our ranks. They follow us, they take pictures of us and they are hidden.

They don't come out with tanks..WE LIKE THAT SH%T

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Yeah but you can't explain why Indymedia took it off their websites with minimal reference still left.

You may have been in China when the FBI, a domestic US policing agency, shut down Indymedia's server in London England last October, just prior to the US presidential election - thus neutralizing one of the strongest dissenting voices.

um... WTF?

How did a US-based law-enforcement agency sieze computers in the UK?

INDYMEDIA UK SERVERS SIEZED BY FBI!

The FBI yesterday seized a pair of UK servers used by Indymedia, the independent newsgathering collective, after serving a subpoena in the US on Indymedia's hosting firm, Rackspace. Why or how remains unclear.

Published Friday 8th October 2004 18:44 GMT

Feds seize Indymedia servers

"Friday, October 08, 2004
Breaking: FBI seizes hard drives of IMC server in the UK

The FBI issued a subpoena to Rackspace (an Internet Service Provider with offices in the US and London) to physically remove an Indymedia server located in London. The servers hosted numerous local IMCs: the global indymedia site, Belgian and African IMCs, Palestine, UK, Germany, and Brasil. Many are still not back up. Micah of the global imc-tech collective said, "We suspect it has to do with an FBI request that we take down a post on the Nantes IMC that had a photo of some undercover Swiss police. They claimed there was threats and personal information, but there was nothing of the sort. The undercover police that were photographed on the page were photographing protesters.

Rackspace is a US company, but have colocation in the UK where these servers are (err, were) located. So this is about Swiss police, on a French site, on a server in England, taken away by American federal police... can I be the first to say WTF?!

The last few months have seen numerous attacks on independent media by the US Federal Government. In August the Secret Service used a subpoena in an attempt to disrupt the NYC IMC before the RNC, last month the FCC shut down comunity radio stations around the US including in Pittsburgh, and now the FBI is shutting down IMCs around the world.

weezil0.blogspot.com...

Home Office in frame over FBI's London server seizures

The reason given for the seizures was that Indymedia had published pictures of Swiss(?) undercover agents. I don't know what all was censored besides those pictures - I DO know that ALL my articles on FMD, Mad Cow, prions and a few other hot topics were deleted along with the spy pics.

All things considered, I'm sure it would be simple for the FBI, CIA, NORTHCOM or whomever to 'convince' Indymedia to remove evidence of the tank incident and retract their analysis of the event. Or else.

Sorry I went up and down the west coast protesting and I'll tell you they do many other things then send tanks. They infiltrate our ranks. They follow us, they take pictures of us and they are hidden.

They don't come out with tanks..WE LIKE THAT SH%T

....It could have been an ill considered mistake by a few idiots drunk on new-found power. It could be that the America you know is changing.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by soficrow]

[edit on 4-3-2005 by soficrow]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Says so much for the US militaries great navigation equipment doesnt it?
He he bet the comander wasnt a happy camper after that....

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

You may have been in China when the FBI, a domestic US policing agency, shut down Indymedia's server in London England last October, just prior to the US presidential election - thus neutralizing one of the strongest dissenting voices.

Just because I live in China doesn't mean I don't have any access to anything on the internet or television stations that broadcast online that you don't

If you think so, you suffer from PMS (Propaganda Machine Syndrome) Back to the point.

That had nothing to do with the LA tank protest. You are getting way off your original points and you aren't countering mine. So I will reiterate it to you.

Why did they take it off their sites themselves.

When I first heard about it, it was the day after and most u.s. indy sites were swarming with photos and imagery. Within a week everyone had come to a conclusion it was coincidence and would be bad to push the issue any further.

It's not like were looking for anything that makes the u.s. look bad like many posters here on ATS. They are out of the loop, don't have a clue. For true activists we truly have enough material from the governmetn to work at.

There are so many issues and instances of abuse by the u.s. that we are constantly voicing them (in vain) I might at. although it did make an appealing read to people I read it last year and have no interest in fighting with anyone.

The first thing I posted here was it that it was debunked. It was...answer the question Soficrow, why did they take it off themselves..

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Wow this started out as an interesting story, & then it became clearly debunked. Now, it's a clear cut thread of why most who stop by for the first time will say those conspiracy sites like ATS are full of nut cases and here's a clear example.

Why can't you just accept that you made a mistake with this one instead of digging deeper & deeper into your self made hole. You did a fine job at the begining & now you refuse to admit that you might have been mistaken. Nobody's perfect, but you've made it clear that your not even close. In fact your starting to sound like a madman, are you sure the NWO didn't slip a mickey into your orange juice container.

Clearly you don't get out much & you've probably never driven in that part of California.

Take a chill pill dude.

[edit on 5-3-2005 by outsider]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

That had nothing to do with the LA tank protest. You are getting way off your original points and you aren't countering mine. So I will reiterate it to you.

Because they were threatened with a repeat shutdown - possibly worse? Because the story was real - and VERY embarrassing?

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by outsider
you've probably never driven in that part of California.

Take a chill pill dude.

Yes, I have driven in that part of California - a lot - and WITHOUT a consumer GTS navigational system, never mind full military navigational system support.

I get around just fine.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Yes, I have driven in that part of California - a lot - and WITHOUT a consumer GTS navigational system, never mind full military navigational system support.

I get around just fine.

Okay, I admit I'm not always right, you must be better at directions than the rest of us.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Because they were threatened with a repeat shutdown - possibly worse? Because the story was real - and VERY embarrassing?

Dude I liked your personal title of mass education adherant and the whole WATS Award you got but now I am truly starting to doubt something I earlier thought about you.

Are you just trying to drag this discussion on? And for what reason. I tell you this, you don't really know about the anti-globalization movement and civil justice movements that I was apart of between the ages of 16 to 22 before I left the usa.

I'll say it the last time, if you wan't something to yell at the government about there are plenty of legitimate actions they committ. This is a goof-up and by shouting out about this you give the rest of us a bad name. Please, if you are truly for truth and justice, speak about real violations of our civil rights like the policemen beating us for expressing free speech and assembling, our constitutional rights.

Not for some tanks driven by some young boys and officeres that were stationed in south cali and probably had never driven those roads before and at night time too.

This is so sad

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join