It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Onion Magazine: Kim Jun Un Sexiest Male Alive 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I did a search to see if this has already been posted with different spellings of the leaders name and unbelievably I found nothing. Excuse me if I missed it please.

So anyway get this...

China Daily ran an article based on a spoof by Onion magazine after they voted Kim Jun Un Sexiest Male 2012.

Quoting the Onion's spoof report, the Chinese newspaper wrote: "With his devastatingly handsome, round face, his boyish charm, and his strong, sturdy frame, this Pyongyang-bred heart-throb is every woman's dream come true." "Blessed with an air of power that masks an unmistakable cute, cuddly side, Kim made this newspaper's editorial board swoon with his impeccable fashion sense, chic short hairstyle, and, of course, that famous smile," the People's Daily cited the Onion as saying.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

This is the best bit. I still giggle when I read this...

www.bbc.co.uk...

The People's Daily ran a 55-page photo spread of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un after he was declared The Onion's Sexiest Man Alive for 2012. He is shown riding horses, holding children and greeting his troops. The spread is accompanied by tongue-in-cheek quotes from The Onion about the "Pyongyang-born heart-throb".

A 55 page spread people. A 55 page spread. In the national media of china. Classic.

Here is another spit your coffee at the screen moment.

From Onion magazine.

“He has that rare ability to somehow be completely adorable and completely macho at the same time,” Onion Style and Entertainment editor Marissa Blake-Zweibel said. “And that’s the quality that makes him the sort of man women want, and men want to be. He’s a real hunk with real intensity who also knows how to cut loose and let his hair down.”

Read the full article here, or just click it to see the photo they choose to run with, trust me, it's worth it.

www.theonion.com...

Oh happy days.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

From 2012? Just assume it's been posted.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
That's cute. Of course, the People's Daily were reporting it accurately--The Onion did, after all, dub Un the sexiest man alive. What got lost in translation was that the Onion is a satire site. Exemplary reportage indeed! The sad thing is how many people get duped by satire online but then again, those people still aren't paid journalists, who should probably identify a source before regurgitating. I dunno...just a thought, lol.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

Well, you didn't come here to tell me it has been posted and even so it's funny enough to be revisited or brought to peoples attention if they were not here in 2012.

I don't mind dropping the thread if someone could link me to the original so I can amuse myself with the comments.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Looks like the original was deleted. I just meant any story that old you should just assume. Not your fault, the search is useless.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Ah, but if we all assume it's all been said before nothing would be said, and this is not really a site for assumptions anyway. Assumptions are the direct opposite of denying ignorance if I am not mistaken.

Why would you ask someone to assume that they shouldn't speak on something that cannot be found in a search? I don't get it.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Oi. Ok. Tried to give you advice. I'll just be quiet and let all of the interested people discuss this not at all out-dated topic.

*waits.................*

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I bet your a riot at parties.

Your post didn't really come across as advice, it seemed more snide to me. Oh well never mind.

I only wanted to make you laugh.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I bet there are more than a few here that do that. Personally I only find it funny if I get it before I post. Happened to me before lol. Not my finest moment lol.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
So, is Kim Jun Unsexiest? lol

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Tsu322

I only wanted to make you laugh.

Op, you succeeded with me, anyway. That is a hoot and I love The Onion. Always good for a hard belly laugh when a day has been going like crap for me on something. This story takes the cake!

How much do you want to bet Kim is so vain, he'll actually take this more seriously than it's intended....miss the insult programmed right into the whole joke, then maybe even have the fact he got the award mentioned on State TV there?

It wouldn't surprise me after seeing some of what passes for News in Pyongyang. Nice thread! I needed a smile today.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Well, I suppose it depends on the angle. And you have to remember the camara adds ten pounds.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You have made my day, the only thing better than smiling is helping others to smile.

I bet he is in his quarters right now pointing to pictures of himself. There was a thread here called 'Kim Jung Un Pointing at Things'. That's not showing up in search either. If anyone could link it I would be so grateful.

Lets be fair, I doubt any of his advisors would have the balls to tell him it's a fake lol. Christ, that task should come with the title 'Worst Job in History. Ever'.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

I'll tell ya who would be best to tell Kim they are actually laughing at him and not with him?

Find someone who has little time left from some terminal disease. Have them tell Dear Leader. We can call what he does next mercifully choosing to euthanize a very sick person. See? Even that could be done to keep him looking spiffy and nice for his public. After all, I agree entirely with the fate of the poor guy who has to explain it. Really...you'd have to have screwed up huge for that duty. lol

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
How about this one?
Kim Jong Un Looking at Stuff
Funny thread by Freedom_Is_Slavery

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Brilliant! I love the way you think.

Or what about a jihadist suicide terrorist. Kimmy gets informed and the world is a safer place lol.

Hmmm, I'm wondering now if this article was posted a week or so before the two east coast missiles were put in place. I'd pee a little if he got paranoid that China was in on it.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

Thats the one! I would give you ten stars if I could!

Wrabbit, have a look at this thread, even if you've seen it before. Guarranteed to make you smile!

I bumped it up too, had to be done!

top topics

join