It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Garden City Mall On Lockdown After Reports Of Nearby Shooting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Wirral Bagpuss
What AGAIN? As an outsider looking in I can see that there are far too many shootings in America these days. I'm sorry but the time has come to introduce a complete ban on guns. If people cant handle guns responsibly then there can be no justification for them being in mainstream circulation. Here in the UK the only people with access to guns are the armed forces, Police, security services. Oh and special licenses given to farmers. Other than that we don't have guns. Sure there are shootings but that is gangland shootings that sort of thing. And guns are obtained illegally from Eastern Europe. We need tighter boarder controls but that is another topic in itself. The point is most of us have never used a gun or can get one that easily. So we have far fewer acts of violence than seems to be the case in America. Seriously folks, is the loss of life and especially that of children really acceptable? No of course not. If action is not taken soon then you will find more and more shootings coming your way and more blood spilt. Next time it could be your child, your nearest and dearest. And I would bet then you would wish guns have been heavily restricted.

In times of war, then that is different. But in peace time no.

I think we should just ban stupid comments.

If this is a new event, then why? What is causing it, if this is some new eruption of "gun violence"?

Are you blaming guns for it? Are they, like the neighbors dog, talking to people telling them to do this?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
shootings happen nearly every day in america.

the majority of them are gang/drug related. however you dont see the media calling to get rid of gangs OR drugs, just guns.

within the time of me writing this, there has probably or will probably be shots fired in the following cities and then some:

Oakland
Compton/watts/inglewood
Chicago
Flint
Detroit
brooklyn

OMG ALERT THE PRESS!!!!!

there is no rise in gun violence, just a rise in media reporting gun violence.
edit on 26-9-2013 by LurkingRelentlessly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

and yet.. in all the US gun massacres not one member of the public has defended himself or the people around him have they? the suspect either kills themselves or is taken by the cops.

guns for self defense...

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

thats because in nearly all of them, the only 2 parties with guns ARE the police, and the criminal.

how many open carry or NRA meetings been shot up lately...

edit on 26-9-2013 by LurkingRelentlessly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Why do you think they choose gun free zones in places with anal gun restrictions so many times? Easy pickings there, if anyone has a gun, it is in their car, where it aint doing them any good.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkingRelentlessly

but the point of guns in society is to protect yourself....

im yet to see anyone protect themselves during these massacres

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
It seems to me that the main reason why people own guns, is that they are frightened.

So it's not really about guns -- is it ?

mistersmith.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mistersmith

That's a pretty dumb conclusion to come to. I own lots of firearms, not because I am afraid. Because they are tools that I use regularly. Because it is fun to shoot them also.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Seems to me the main reason people dont want other people to own guns is because they are frightened.

So it isnt really about guns, is it?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I said the main reason -- you are in a minority.

mistersmith.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

You may be right, but personally I feel that the number of guns other people have, is no business of mine.

Perhaps you imagined otherwise.

mistersmith.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Care to back that up with facts somehow? Now if you were a bit more specific, like the main reason people in bad neighborhoods have guns is fear, that would be easier to swallow.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

mistersmith
It seems to me that the main reason why people own guns, is that they are frightened.

mistersmith.

Hmmm, I own a car because I want to drive to town. Its not really about cars is it?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Agit8dChop
reply to post by FlyersFan

and yet.. in all the US gun massacres not one member of the public has defended himself or the people around him have they? the suspect either kills themselves or is taken by the cops.

guns for self defense...

You notice that these shooting sprees rarely happen in a place where there are going to be citizens lawfully carrying.

But when there are......

Remember Gabby Giffords? Her shooter wasn't shot dead. But he was apprehended. By citizens who were armed. The only gun fired that day was the shooters.....but it wasn't the only one drawn.

Funny thing about that though....the press spin was, "Armed Gabby Giffords Hero Almost Shot Wrong Man". We should all take note: shootings have happened since guns were invented. So why does the press pick and choose which to report on? Given the spin in the Giffords case, I would posit that there is an agenda.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Great post Tex, a few more in the last few months that the press mostly ignores:

Armed Citizen
edit on 26-9-2013 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

No.

It is your ego that is at stake here.

Not mine.

mistersmith.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

mistersmith

mistersmith.

Not frightened. Frightened is not the right word.

Caution. Leery. Maybe.

Typically, my guns are for hunting. I own several rifles in all the chambers used for wild game. Same with shotguns. And I have 3 pistols. And one of those is my sons that he bought when he was 14 with lawn mowing money. Ill give it to him when he is 18, presuming he doesn't develop schizophrenia or something.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

So what do you base your theory on? Do you know a lot of gun owners personally? Have you discussed it with them? Are you from an urban area? A good portion of people that spout off nonsense like that are from urban areas, and act as if urban is all that counts, or all that exists.

For many of us out there, having a gun is the difference of whether there is meat on the family table or not. Being able to defend against a misguided human is a plus, I am personally more worried about things like wolf/coyote hybrid packs, lynx, bobcat, and lots of other things that would like to come eat my chickens, or the neighbor's kids. More guns than people in areas that I live in, yet we don't have the violence problems that urban areas seem to be plagued with. Fist fights every now and then happen, that's about the extent of it.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
I think we should just ban stupid comments.

If this is a new event, then why? What is causing it, if this is some new eruption of "gun violence"?

Gun violence has actually taken an all time dive in the last 20 years. Obama would have you believe otherwise though. You're more likely to be struck twice in the same day by lightning then shot with a gun. Unless you like breaking into houses in Texas.

Gun homicides, violence down sharply in past 20 years
edit on 26-9-2013 by Pimpintology because: I suck at linking ;p

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Agit8dChop
reply to post by LurkingRelentlessly

but the point of guns in society is to protect yourself....

im yet to see anyone protect themselves during these massacres

That's because the shooters are hitting soft targets. They aren't going to walk into a police station or somewhere where you have armed civilians and start shooting. They know they will get dropped quick. If this happened where law abiding citizens were carrying guns the shooter would flee or be stopped dead in his or her tracks.

There are many instances of law abiding citizens with guns stopping mass murders. You wont hear about it in the MSM though it doesn't fit the agenda. Gun violence has actually dropped significantly over the past 20 years. Again that doesn't fit with the agenda of TPTB taking your God given rights and making you a slave so you will not hear about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join