It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Garden City Mall On Lockdown After Reports Of Nearby Shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

GARDEN CITY, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) – The Roosevelt Field Mall in East Garden City has been locked down after reports of a possible shooting nearby.

Few details are known at this time, but police have closed off all exits to the Meadowbrook Parkway by the mall.

The Garden City School District said classes are going on as normal, but said schools have been placed on a lockout mode, meaning no one is being allowed into school buildings.

newyork.cbslocal.com...

I've only just seen this and details seem to be very vague and sketchy at the moment.

I have no idea who big or small this is, so if it's nothing then apologies.

I found it interesting though, given the UN treaty being signed right as it happened. In New York.
edit on 25-9-2013 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

A shooting in the US? Shocking.

Cue the rabid pro-gunners.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

It's understandable that they would lock it down. Even if the incident was an isolated one, if the suspect made it to the shopping centre it would be difficult to contain them, at least until a detailed site map could be acquired, examined, and tactical plans made.

The other issue is that if the suspect managed to get to the mall, the could theoretically gain access to hostages.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
OK, they know EXACTLY who the suspect is, so why lock down half the world?, why don't just keep an eye peeled for the suspect and camp out at his house?, watch his credit/debit card activity?, monitor his location with his cell-phone?...

Why don't they use existing technology to make these things less frequent?, I'm not saying everyone should be monitored all the time, just when these things happen and they KNOW who dunnit, whip out the tech and quit scaring the crap out of everybody and locking half the damned world down...

Oh yeah, that's right, most of us love being scared witless....

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
A shooting in the United States ...

Second line.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I thought someone predicted this wouldn't happen for another 6 months, seems to be an epidemic and getting worse, feel for the affected and pray for any dead if it turns out to be. I would never visit the US for anything, sorry, I know the good people outnumber the bad but the bad make the news.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
But but...... NY has some of the toughest gun restrictions on the books. Surely there can't be another shooting there. It must be a mistake. So glad I am out of that craphole of a state......

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Jefferton
Cue the rabid pro-gunners.

Cue the rabid anti-gunners who want us not to be able to defend ourselves against these perps.
Pass those anti-gun laws!! Afterall .. we all know that the perps are going to follow the law.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
So someone fired a gun in New York?

Queue Mayor Bloomberg's mass hysteria outburst and anti-gun drive.

My question is since this seems to happen every five minutes in Detroit and Chicago why doesn't anyone seem to care about that? I mean the president's home neighborhood just had a shootout with deaths and children hurt and their was barely a peep.
edit on 25-9-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Looks like gun control sure worked there...

*eyeroll*

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
What AGAIN? As an outsider looking in I can see that there are far too many shootings in America these days. I'm sorry but the time has come to introduce a complete ban on guns. If people cant handle guns responsibly then there can be no justification for them being in mainstream circulation. Here in the UK the only people with access to guns are the armed forces, Police, security services. Oh and special licenses given to farmers. Other than that we don't have guns. Sure there are shootings but that is gangland shootings that sort of thing. And guns are obtained illegally from Eastern Europe. We need tighter boarder controls but that is another topic in itself. The point is most of us have never used a gun or can get one that easily. So we have far fewer acts of violence than seems to be the case in America. Seriously folks, is the loss of life and especially that of children really acceptable? No of course not. If action is not taken soon then you will find more and more shootings coming your way and more blood spilt. Next time it could be your child, your nearest and dearest. And I would bet then you would wish guns have been heavily restricted.

In times of war, then that is different. But in peace time no.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Wirral Bagpuss
I'm sorry but the time has come to introduce a complete ban on guns.

And then the only people who will have guns will be the bad guys.
Do you really think that the bad guys are going to follow the law and not have guns?
No thanks. I want my gun. No one should have a right to take away my self protection.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
And within the same period of time:

Brooklyn Jeweler shot chasing robbers in NY
Brooklyn teen shot on basketball court

I guess lockdowns and security only come into play when Long Island (read:whiter than the rest) comes into play?
edit on 25-9-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: mistook garden city for NJ

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
One dead and one injured. From the article: there is nothing to suggest he is on a random shooting rampage. Its a work-related shooting, not a mass murder. People have been going postal for many years. This isn't really even a gun issue; the perp had a specific target.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
it's just another shooting, chill out everybody, it's not you or your family getting shot at, so no big deal.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Wirral Bagpuss
I'm sorry but the time has come to introduce a complete ban on guns.

And then the only people who will have guns will be the bad guys.
Do you really think that the bad guys are going to follow the law and not have guns?
No thanks. I want my gun. No one should have a right to take away my self protection.

actually I think you need more guns...and I think you should be strapped every time you walk out of your home...hey, who knows where those bad guys are lurking. and don't forget the extra clips, you know how bad guys walk around all the time in gangs. and be on alert for the ones that look like they are following you in a car, because when you stop at a light, 1 of them could jump out of their car, run up to yours and stick a gun in your face and carjack you. and parking lots, keep you head up, and stay alert for anyone walking toward you male or female, you never know if they are part of a group to rob you and steal your car. be careful of cops, too...because if they pull you over and you are packing? you'll be eating a blood soaked asphalt sandwich, if you're not careful..... AMERICA!....the most violent country in the world....embrace it.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
damn you overactive posting finger

edit on 25-9-2013 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Bassago
So someone fired a gun in New York?

Queue Mayor Bloomberg's mass hysteria outburst and anti-gun drive.

While the mayor might comment on it, the shooting happened outside of NYC, in Nassau County.

From what I understand, this was a disgruntled employee, or ex-employee and the reason for the area wide lockdown is a simple one.

The man is still on the loose and they want to avoid additional shootings while they hunt for him.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

whatnext21
I thought someone predicted this wouldn't happen for another 6 months, seems to be an epidemic and getting worse, feel for the affected and pray for any dead if it turns out to be. I would never visit the US for anything, sorry, I know the good people outnumber the bad but the bad make the news.

Someone said another shooting wouldn't happen for 6 months or a mass shooting? It seems like the shooting didn't happen at the mall just near it.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Wirral Bagpuss
What AGAIN? As an outsider looking in I can see that there are far too many shootings in America these days. I'm sorry but the time has come to introduce a complete ban on guns. If people cant handle guns responsibly then there can be no justification for them being in mainstream circulation. Here in the UK the only people with access to guns are the armed forces, Police, security services. Oh and special licenses given to farmers. Other than that we don't have guns. Sure there are shootings but that is gangland shootings that sort of thing. And guns are obtained illegally from Eastern Europe. We need tighter boarder controls but that is another topic in itself. The point is most of us have never used a gun or can get one that easily. So we have far fewer acts of violence than seems to be the case in America. Seriously folks, is the loss of life and especially that of children really acceptable? No of course not. If action is not taken soon then you will find more and more shootings coming your way and more blood spilt. Next time it could be your child, your nearest and dearest. And I would bet then you would wish guns have been heavily restricted.

In times of war, then that is different. But in peace time no.

Do you believe 9/11 was an inside job and do you believe that America has done and will do some horrible things to it's people? I would love for you to know if you would also want to ban alcohol also since a large number of people die just from drunk driving accidents without even including other alcohol related deaths? I can't wait to hear your opinion.

Alcohol Deaths

Drunk Driving
edit on 25-9-2013 by nancyliedersdeaddog because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join