It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special relationship with child?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Hi everyone, this is my first post here on ATS. I wasn't sure where to post this or if it is even postworthy but I am intrigued by it.
So, I have 4 year old twin daughters (fraternal). From the moment I gave birth I have always felt a strong connection with Baby A (we will call them A&B). Now, of course I love them both with all of my heart but A and I are drawn to each other, like even a whole other level of attachement (of course, I don't show this...) .Even from the moment she was born, she only wanted me. We just sit together and laugh about nothing and don't say anything, we just have a great relationship.
Well now that she is older, it turns out that she is my mini-me, almost a replicate! She looks just like me and even her personality is the same as mine. Basically, she is my younger version, so to speak.
I have noticed that she tends to be much more intuned with me, almost to the point to I am taken back. I have a few examples. Firstly, I bought them a pack of colored pencials at the store, all while thinking "I will never understand the purpose of white crayons and pencils." That night when they got home from school, I showed them their new pencils and coloring books in which A replies "Mommy, what is the point of the white pencil, that is just silly?" Ok, easy enough, many people think that.
Well a couple of days later, I had gone home and made dinner before picking them up because they went to grandma's that day and so I was picking them up there and not from school. On the car ride home, A states that she wants a certain meal for dinner. Of course, I told her it was already in the refrigerator at home because mommy had just cooked it. I hadn't mentioned even making this dish, I wasn't sure if I had the ingredients but again quite the coincidence she brings it up the same day I make it.
Then another time, I was reading through a magazine to myself while they were playing. I was reading about a little girl named MacKenzie, then A walks up and just says MacKenzie. Nothing else was said, I asked her what she was talking about and she just giggled and went on about her business.
Like I said, many of these could be pure coincidences but I keep having events like these and some just seem pretty uncoincidental. What are your thoughts, any experiences?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I have 3 kids and the first 2 are pretty similar, regarding their personalities. The third one is completely different.
I love them all very much, but the last one is more often in my arms, asking for comfort, etc.

They were raised pretty much the same way, but they each have their own personality.

Otherwise I wouldn't know what to say except... You didn't tell us about baby B...

But, being a family, I think we tend to pick up on what the others will want at what moment, and it gives times that look like telepathy is running high...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
B is something else, just like her daddy, so smart, funny, the whole 9 yards too
Both wonderful kids. B doesn't seem to have the same coincidences with her father or with me that A and I have. Just very weird things. It's pretty typical (don't get me wrong I wouldn't change it for the world, I love that girl so much). I just don't have the same odd events as what happens with me and A. And I didn't know if the fact that A and I are so much alike in appearance, personality,likes....etc could have something to do with the strange events and the timing also.
It's almost like she reads my mind.haha Like I said, I didn't mention dinner and here she states what she wants and I happen to have made it that day. Or walking up and saying a name that I am reading about, without me saying something (she is 4, that is not a word she could sound out or recognize). It's just strange, enough so I just kinda have to stop myself and figure out what is going on!
edit on 25-9-2013 by cappy85 because: Entered too soon

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by cappy85

Funny I read you post as if it was written by a man, your children's father. =D

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I know things can be weird at times.
My dad loved his dad a lot, and he passed away some 18 months before I was born. when I was 2, I was in bed, and everybody was wondering who had made my granddad's wedding ring. I started yelling a name and apparently it seems I got it right...
Everyone has been wondering if I was him reincarnate or if he came to tell me...

But often enough, a kid comes and talk to me about something I read just a bit earlier... or it happens with me talking about something they just read or learned about earlier in the day. We find those moments funny...
It could be a form of telepathy, synchronicity, or simply the fact that we are on the same page and feel the same thing at a given moment... lol I really don't know.

And its a good thing you are not showing to B that you feel a special bond with A. I know a couple who did, and one of the kid looks happy and colorful while the less favored one looks like a zombie already... Such a waist...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Antipathy17

I could see how that make every thing a bit stranger! I should have specified, I am a woman!haha

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by cappy85

It is funny, it just makes you stop and go wait, what?!
And I know what it is like to not be favored and I do my best to let them both know there is no favorite (well the one that isnt listening might be slightly less at a given time lol). They are both special and I let them know that but I have never had anyone in my life in which I have so much, we will say, synchronicity with as A.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Idk if you believe in past lives and such. But perhaps you've been together with her in more lifetimes than with the other child? Or also, I've heard about soul contracts. It could be that you and her have a soul contract, and baby b has a soul contract with her father. That usually explains why one parent feels closer to one of their kids than the others.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I will say that it is a connection that I have never experienced. I felt so guilty for the longest time about the connection too. It's not favortism but it's just feeling of connection, even moreso than the normal parental-child love and attachment which of course is strong with both. It's almost like I feel she is literally a part of me (well of course she came out of me but...), a very direct extension of myself (not just she has my genes and I carried her for 37 weeks...etc), if you will. I'm going in circles here, I can't even explain it. I don't know how to, I haven't experienced this before. I know this probably clarifies nothing. There is a level of telepathy and synchronicity that just feels almost supernatural. I don't know maybe I just want there to be, subconsciously.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I have been looking into this soul contract idea. It is definitely not something I have ever thought about, it doesn't really fit in line with my belief system, but it would also explain how when you sometimes meet a stranger you feel incredibely connected and drawn to them without ever meeting them prior (not just attraction but much more). Interesting concept, thanks for sharing!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Ok, maybe it is me? Maybe I am tapping in to the synchronicities and not her. Twice this week, I have had other, what one might call synchronicities, and they were not related to her. Very strange.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I had a strange synchronicity with my friend Tom when I was younger. He would pick up a rock and it would feel like there was something solid in the palm of my hand. Or, he would be able to sense if I was happy, depressed, etc. It is the smallest details that let you know just how connected you are to a person, I've noticed.

Maybe you've tapped into a dormant psychic ability. That's always a possibility as well.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBigEmpty

Wow, how strange. I have never been a huge believer in psychic ability but it is seeming like I may have at least a connection if not somewhat of a slight psychic ability, very much so with this daughter but I am noticing even with others around me. It never seems to be anything of great importance and I can't control it but interesting, nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Brains are pretty cool. We don't know a whole lot about them.
Consider this though: Babies have been taught to live like ancient tribes and everything else up to today. There brains seem to be capable of what ever we throw at them. Eventually all they know is what we teach them. If you get on a "feeling of connection" trip and 'A' is capable of learning anything... is it possible she is just learning to have a "connection" with you?

My mini me is 6 but I still remember the first years where we would have some pretty trippy moments. One good one I remember; He was maybe a year old, standing on the bed freaking out his mom. I came out of the shower - feeling quite good, I guess you could say I was sort of "in the zone" at the moment, so I felt a little rush even before I started banging. Its like he picked up on that because as soon as I walked out of the ensuite, he started bouncing up and down, crunched his face up, bare gums gleaning... And we both busted into a rock and roll head bang at the exact same time

Mom didn't know what to think.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MALBOSIA

Aww, how cute. That could be possible, maybe it is energy that I am giving out? Who knows but you are right, it does get pretty trippy!

top topics

join