It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pandemic Preparation, Natural Prevention and Treatment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
We're overdue for a pandemic - and the big one might hit this flu season. Every government and corporate flu site pushes vaccines as the first line of defense against the flu. Next is hygiene and of course, maintaining good health (and immunity) through nutrition and healthy lifestyle.

NOTE: Governments push vaccines because they have nothing else. Focusing on natural prevention and remedies would po their corporate partners and equally important, result in bankrupting lawsuits. This does NOT mean alternative medicine doesn't work.

USGOV Preparing Nat'l Disaster Medical System for Possible H7N9 Pandemic

Sept 21, 2013

What You Need to Know
On several occasions in recent months we have reported on the extraordinary efforts being undertaken by federal health and disaster authorities to prepare for some form of pandemic-scale public health event (see this, this and this). The sheer scale of the preparations, the amounts of money being spent and the speed at which these preparations are taking place reveal significant concern on the part of authorities.

About Influenza A(H7N9)

The U.S. government, the World Health Organization and other world health authorities are seriously concerned by the potential for a bird flu (avian influenza) pandemic in the upcoming flu season (Sept. - May). Since the first cases of H7N9 were detected in humans in the Spring of 2013, approximately 33% of those who become infected die. The British Medical Journal reports the virus can be transmitted via human contact. (See this and this). The National Institutes of Health reports the virus is capable of airborne transmission. (See this and this). At present there is still no effective vaccine available.

If you think you or a member of your family is becoming ill in a pandemic situation, it is important that you DO NOT IMMEDIATELY RUSH TO THE HOSPITAL. The simple reality is that you will likely encounter desperate throngs of other sick people doing the exact same things. The chances are also very good that hospitals and other medical facilities will already be overwhelmed.

The Centers for Disease Control and the American Association of Poison Control Centers are already establishing a "National Nurse Triage Line" using the 211 phone number for an Severe Influenza Pandemic. The 211 line will be used in managing ill persons with influenza-like illness during a severe pandemic and to electronically or telephonically transfer authorized prescriptions to local pharmacies. Attempt to call the hospital emergency room and the 211 line BEFORE setting out to find medical attention.

For any clear thinking adult, this reason alone should be motivation to follow the preparedness guidance in this document BEFORE a pandemic scenario is upon us. If the government is currently spending billions of dollars and dedicating other resources to preparing for a possible pandemic, this should be your signal to make some preparations of your own.

The lives of yourself and family could hang in the balance.

Download a copy of this preparedness guidance in virus-free PDF form and share with friends and family.

www.BirdFlu211.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Great topic and one worth a read, thanks soficrow.

I don't know if it the gov't push for vaccines or the peoples apathy that worries me more. People just don't care about eating right or staying active to produce a healthy immune system. Theybalmost want to be told "here's a shot so you can continue to eat junk and be lazy." Humans get sick just like every creature, and with a healthy lifestyle comes good immunity.

So the flu doesn't last as long and the colds don't make us bed-ridden.
All these things can be preventable!

Of course, the corporatists wouldn't want you to think for yourselves...they lose money that way.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

your information about the bird flu survival pandemic brochure # 4 states :

Get your yearly flu vaccine shot. While this will NOT protect you from bird flu, it can help you stay
healthy and free from the seasonal flu and can contribute to maximizing the overall strength of
your immune system.

I have witnessed first hand people dying from 2009-2013 from these so called flu shots( especially people with heart conditions-low immune systems)! If anyone was to take the time to read whats in the vaccine they would know what is being pumped into their system with that JAB!

Also note on the vaccine information Clearly States it Does not prevent you from getting the Flu!

Anybody go try and get the flu shot and ASK for the brochure/ingredients see for yourself.

Parents know what you are putting into your children-adults do your own research.

I not trying to knock this OP awareness but to enlighten-educate parts of your post I don't agree with!

There are many doctors not just in the USA that have said again and again read the ingredients!

Peace Trinity

Nancy Banks speaks out on the problems with vaccination. Google away this has been going on for a VERY long time! 15 min could save your life.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F_yj1T8Qu8&list=PLpLEgVzDSjcUheidJib _7SWp6lmbuqA2k
edit on 25-9-2013 by trinityalways because: uploaded a 15 min vid by Nancy Banks

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by trinityalways

Yes, it does. Not my info though, just part of that particular package. As I state in my OP:

Governments push vaccines because they have nothing else. Focusing on natural prevention and remedies would po their corporate partners and equally important, result in bankrupting lawsuits. This does NOT mean alternative medicine doesn't work.

[Bold and underline added.]

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Some background: I was a former biology major and "whiz kid". In my immunology and pathology lab, my lab class was given the assignment to identify an unknown bacteria. I was one of the three students in the class that was entrusted with an actual contagion and the most highly contagious one at that (conjuctivitis, oooo so scary lol). Nobody got conjuctivitis. In other labs, I also uncovered E. Coli contamination in a man-made water feature in my area and was given special permission by the university to continue testing. My results were given to the local government and the lake was closed. The reason why all the trust? I had great lab safety practices. That said, my daughter still invariably gives me her colds because I can't refuse her wishing to sleep in my room when she's sick. God knows, I'll be the first to fall because I'm a mother and a sucker, lol.
It just never goes the other way around because of what I learned in all those bio labs. And I also fell ill from H1N1 back in 2009 after going to a convention. The catch on that is that I didn't pick it up from the convention. I caught it from my fiance who got sick while at the convention. My infection began several days after the convention was over. And yes, I still hassle him about that.

Understanding how to prevent an infection is very important especially with more and more nasty diseases coming about. There are multiple ways that a disease can be transmitted. Knowing and understanding these pathways are very important in helping reducing the risk during an epidemic or pandemic. The most common methods are contact, airborne, waterborne, and through a vector (ie. the female mosquito is the vector for malaria).

1. Wash your hands and frequently. It doesn't even have to be an anti-bacterial soap. Most viruses and bacteria are either washed away or killed by regular soap. Also important to note is that anti-bacterial soaps are indiscriminate killers. We have a whole slew of friendly bacteria on our skin that helps shield us from infection that also get killed through the use of hand disinfectants and anti-bacterial soaps. We have a combination of regular bar soap and anti-bacterial in our home. The anti-bacterial soap gets used in the kitchen and in the bathroom with the cat litter box--high risk areas. And most importantly, make sure your kids use soap and wash their hands both at home and at school.

2. Wash your hands effectively, especially when ill or dealing with a sick family member. The best routine that I know of is to lather all the way up to the elbows and rinse the arms and then hands with the fingers pointing down. Don't miss the fingernails or between the fingers and don't rush. Instead, mentally sing "Happy Birthday" twice before rinsing if you really want to be certain that your hands are truly clean and free of bad bacteria and viruses. When shutting off the water, especially in a public area, avoid placing your hand on the faucet. Use a paper towel or a part of your arm that isn't going to make it up to your mouth, nose, or eyes. Same goes with the bathroom door.

3. Most colds/flus that cause coughing are airborne. All that coughing is basically their way of getting to a new host. In the case of a possible epidemic, having a few medical masks on hand isn't a bad idea and it reduces spread of an illness within a home (I did this when I had H1N1 and neither of my children fell ill).

4. Quarantine any sick individual to their room with the door closed. Fresh air isn't a bad thing but keeping them away from all other family members in the same house and from touching shared objects helps prevent transmission.

5. Disinfect surfaces regularly, including door knobs and phones. You'd be amazed at how many lovelies grow in a culture just from a quick swab of a door knob. There's a reason why I'm OCD. lol

6. Control potential vectors for disease. Most vectors fall under what I call the "creepy bloodsucker" rule. If it sucks blood, then odds are it's a vector for a disease. With temperatures being warmer and some areas increasing in precipitation, this has lead to increases in flea and lice populations. Keeping your animals free from fleas is always a good idea to keep them from suffering but also keep an eye out for lice in your kids' hair. Even clean kids can get lice. There's a ton of information on the net about controlling both of these. Also avoid having standing pools of water in your yard to avoid attracting mosquitoes.

Also be careful in dealing with mouse droppings. Warmer weather and increased precipitation are also associated with increased population sizes of mice and rats. There are multiple states in which mice may carry Hantavirus. Follow all the instructions available online when disposing of mouse droppings.

7. Stay home when you're sick. This is probably one of the biggest reasons why there seems to be so many bugs about and it may be pointless to say as many employers don't take too kindly to people calling in sick. Just understand that when you leave your house sick, you are exposing just about everyone you come into contact with to the same thing that you have.

If you must go to work, there are few common courtesy rules for you:

1. Wear a medical mask to avoid airborne transmission. Yeah, it's embarrassing but you'd be a tool if you didn't. When I had H1N1, that's what I did because there was nobody else to go to the grocery store and my kids needed food. I survived the awkwardness.

2. Wash your hands frequently using the techniques above. Don't be the jerk that gets everybody sick.
3. Avoid touching common objects. Use your arm or wrist to open doors when possible. No touchy!
4. Use the crook of your elbow to cover your face when you cough or sneeze and for the love of God, wash your hands thoroughly after a nose blowing fest.

That's all I can think of offhand. Even following these rules with the kiddy exception (how can I refuse THAT? lol), I still will pick up colds. However, I don't pick up nearly as many as I probably could as my immune system is naturally suppressed. Considering I typically catch 1 cold a year and generally do not catch the flu, I do pretty darn good.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I not trying to knock this OP awareness but to enlighten-educate parts of your post I don't agree with!

Like i said too

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by trinityalways

I purposefully did not quote bits that pushed vaccines - so I didn't actually 'post' vaccine promo - I have issues across the board with vaccines, including the incomplete and flawed understanding of our immune system that the 'vaccine concept' is based on. But - like you, I also know those links contain other valuable info. ...The package was just a starter, meant to underline the importance of preparing NOW. There is much info here on ATS and elsewhere about disaster preparedness, natural healing and pandemic self-defense. Hoping people will post info and links.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Thanks much WhiteAlice.

new topics

top topics

join