It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul to introduce amendment to Obamacare, removing exemption for government employees.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Rand Paul is a liar.

NEWSFLASH

Congress is NOT exempt from Obamacare.

In point of fact, they are the only ones under the law who are mandated to purchase Health Insurance from the Exchanges. (Nobody else has to.) This was the brainwave of Senator Chuck Grassley, who thought it was a good idea for Capital Hill to lose their Employer based coverage.

The "Exemption" Lie comes in over the debate on whether the Staffers should still get financial help from their employer to purchase insurance from one of the exchanges.

The Latest Obamacare Lie That Just Won't Die

No ‘Special Subsidy’ for Congress

Congress isn't 'exempt' from Obamacare

Five Myths About Obamacare You Shouldn’t Believe

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

It's quite simple, when a low level guy like Snowden can access records he wants and all those agencies are tied together and your medical records are going to be reported to the government, then you have no privacy. It's none of the government's business if you are seeing a doctor for a sexually transmitted disease or anything else and to believe they will just behave themselves and respect your privacy is laughable.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

AlienScience

UnifiedSerenity
Plus under Obamacare, you will have zero privacy and just imagine, the IRS is in charge of all this information. They wouldn't use a political enemies information to shut them up now would they? Then you have to do as they say or you get no coverage. This is the biggest over reach by government in American history and the people should be in the streets and not cooperating.

Please explain how you will have zero privacy???

I am interested why and how you think this will happen.

The government itself is concerned.

That's why they have created investigators.

I have 100% confidence in the government offices that will be and already are managing the fraud cases.

They will prosecute to the fullest extents of the laws.

But only after somebody's privacy has been breached, not before

Look !!

White House Seeks to Ease Obamacare Fraud Fears

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
What we know about Obamacare and privacy

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

UnifiedSerenity

...and your medical records are going to be reported to the government, then you have no privacy.

Interesting claim.

Any EVIDENCE to back it up?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I dont really agree with alot he says.

BUT!

He seems to actualy want to repersent his constituants and care about his job and what it stands for. Something lacking in 99% of every other politican.

I may not agree with alot of his positions but if he was in the UK and running for my local MP I would vote for him. Why? Cause he honnest. Rather have a honnest guy that I dont agree with that a disshonnest guy that I do agree with in office.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

UnifiedSerenity

...and your medical records are going to be reported to the government, then you have no privacy.

BritofTexas
Interesting claim.

It's called "Health Professional Shortage Area"

Mandated by PPACA law.

Just Look !!!

Electronic Medical Records Mandate

Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

and your medical records are going to be reported to the government

And that is what I was looking for.

Where did you get that idea? Where in the ACA does it say medical records are going to be reported to the government?

I would like the exact clause in the ACA bill if you don't mind.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

xuenchen

Did you even read the sources you linked?

This one talks of incentives for Medical practices to keep records electronically and not on paper in filing cabinets.

and

This one compares the amount of Health Professionals to the population size to see if their are enough Doctors, Nurses etc.

Neither of them say the "Gubment" is going to be looking at your treatment for Piles.

Nice try though.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

BritofTexas
Neither of them say the "Gubment" is going to be looking at your treatment for Piles.

Nice try though.

And there was nothing that said the "Gubment" was going to be doing almost all the things that we wind up finding out they are actually doing (and always intended to do) with the programs once they are created and running and people aren't paying attention anymore.

From counterfeiting money via secret bailout loans and the Federal Reserve, to supporting puppet regimes, to lying about motivations for going to war, to domestic spying, to entitlement programs masked as help but actually meant to destabilize neighborhoods, to putting hallucinogens in people's drinks or giving syphilis to patients without their knowledge, to...

But sure... keep believing that Leviathan and the masks it wears.

Nice try though.

Edit... some context:

And then at the insistence of Paul Warburg who was forever the master strategist, they added several very sound provisions to the Federal Reserve Bill. By that I mean they added some provisions which seriously restricted the ability of the Federal Reserve to create money out of nothing.

Warburg's associates said, "Paul, what are you doing? We don't want those in there this is our bill." And his response was this, he said, "Relax fellas, don't you get it? Our object is to get the bill passed. We can fix it up later." Those were his exact words. "We can fix it up later."

He was so right. It was because of those provisions that they won over the support of William Jennings Bryan the head of the Populist Movement, the last hold-out against the bill. Bryan was concerned that this would be an instrument for ruining the nation's money supply but when he saw those provisions he said, "Oh well, those are good provisions, I guess I can support the bill now" never dreaming that this was temporary. Everything is temporary in politics. When people go to sleep things can get changed.

Warburg was right and they fixed it up later. The Federal Reserve Act since it was passed has been amended over 100 times. Every one of those provisions were long ago removed and many more have been added which greatly expand the power and reach of the Federal Reserve System to create money out of nothing.

With this kind of professional strategy and deception these people were real professionals and the public didn't stand a chance. It is no surprise that popular support was finally gained for the bill and on December 22, 1913 the bill was passed by Congress and the following day was signed into law by President Wilson and the creature from Jekyll Island finally moved into Washington, DC.

edit on 25-9-2013 by BardingTheBard because:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

When claims are applied for.

Panels will be looking at specific procedures and they determine 'reasonable and customary' fees, costs, etc.

Obviously they need to 'see' the 'private' data to make determinations and reviews challenges.

They already do this with Medicare and Medicaid.

PPACA page 371.

SEC. 3403. INDEPENDENT MEDICARE ADVISORY BOARD.
(a) BOARD
.—

(1) IN GENERAL
.—Title XVIII of the Social Security Act
(42 U.S.C. 1395 et seq.), as amended by section 3022, is
amended by adding at the end the following new section:

INDEPENDENT MEDICARE ADVISORY BOARD
‘‘SEC. 1899A. (a) ESTABLISHMENT

.—There is established an
independent board to be known as the ‘Independent Medicare
Advisory Board’.

‘‘(b) PURPOSE
.—It is the purpose of this section to, in accordance
with the following provisions of this section, reduce the per capita
rate of growth in Medicare spending...................

PPACA (pdf)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

The reform act, Jacobs opines, is just one more power grab by big government to whack away at personal freedoms.

“Federal agencies have already encountered difficulties preserving the integrity of Americans’ sensitive information. Earlier this year, a medical provider in California sued the IRS for improperly seizing 60 million records of 10 million Americans. Yet under Obamacare, the IRS and other federal agencies will hold more new powers and have access to even more of Americans’ personal health and financial information,”

Heritage warns of PPACA-related privacy leaks

This already has happened.

old thread;
Has the IRS Already Seized Your Medical Records?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

That's for Medicare, a government ran Insurance policy, and an effort to stop being over charged.

Where is the evidence for the Private Insurance policies?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

xuenchen

UnifiedSerenity

BritofTexas
Interesting claim.

It's called "Health Professional Shortage Area"

Mandated by PPACA law.

Just Look !!!

And? These two have nothing to do with medical records being reported to the government. Seriously, he asked for evidence and you posted two links that contain ZERO EVIDENCE.

Yes, the ACA "requires" EMRs...this is a good thing. Why would we want to continue on paper records when we can leverage technology to give better care and prevent costly errors?

Please show me where it says that the electronic records are transmitted to the government.

This is what happens when people start talking about things they don't understand.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Well now, if Rand keeps being such a rebel to push extremely unpopular positions for the right reasons? I may just have to reassess my earlier thoughts about him being nothing like his Father and just another name among the Political elite.

He has a way to go....but hey, this is the path to take alright. Removing all waivers from any government employee ought to be mandated for Obamacare and standard practice for all laws passed under Congress. There should never be a time where...

'Pain for thee and not for me!'

...becomes an acceptable and tolerated situation between the population and those few who lead us. If they want an exemption from something important? I'll be happy to help give them an exemption from serving in Congress for life come next election.

Glad to see you come around on this.

Rand IS a Rebel like his father, he just takes different paths to get to the same conclusion. Nothing wrong with that. A lot of people criticize him for doing it by compromising on certain issues to bring the mainstream in. I have a slight issue with that too but I know this is politics and if we really want the white house, we need the entire base of support. He is doing much better and doing it much faster than I thought so I'm pretty excited.

And GO RAND, he has the moral high ground on this particular issue of the OP. He always had the moral high ground and I think that is one of the reasons why he is the new default leader of the GOP and ushering in an era of libertarian ideas being accepted by the GOP.

I mean, he is actually convincing Republicans that non-interventionist foreign policy is not really a bad thing and that both shocks and satisfies me.

edit on 25-9-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

Private contractors handle most of Medicare and Medicaid and PPACA.

They have 'access to' medical data

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

BritofTexas

You absolutely lose credibility when you source THINKPROGRESS.org or Rachel Maddow.

Come on, we should all know better than that. It is like linking to REDSTATE.

Let's see when Rand Paul submits this amendment if any US SENATOR will call him out on being a liar.
edit on 25-9-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

When claims are applied for.

Panels will be looking at specific procedures and they determine 'reasonable and customary' fees, costs, etc.

Nope, 100% wrong.

Stop listening to Palin.

The board you listed is to pro-actively (not reviewing active claims, lol) find ways to reduce medical costs, specifically with Medicare.

They don't need to see identified patient data to do this, all they need is a de-identified data set. By the way, HIPPA is perfectly fine with de-identified data sets to be used in research. This is with or without the ACA, this is currently in practice today.

There is not going to be a board that reviews every medicare claim as it comes in...seriously, you can't think that is for real.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

AlienScience
All "Obamacare" does is say "you need health insurance or pay a fine".

And yet, it took them 2500 pages to say that. Typical of the idiots in Washington.

I imagine the other 2499 pages are taxes, exemptions, and new powers for government spying slipped in there.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

Many government agencies and government approved contractors will see private medical data.

2. What do my medical records contain?

Medical records are created when you receive treatment from a health professional such as a physician, nurse, dentist, chiropractor, or psychiatrist. Records may include your medical history, details about your lifestyle (such as smoking or involvement in high-risk sports), and family medical history.

In addition, your medical records contain laboratory test results, medications prescribed, and reports that indicate the results of operations and other medical procedures. Your records could also include the results of genetic testing used to predict your future health. And they might include information about your participation in research projects.

Information you provide on applications for disability, life or accidental insurance with private insurers or government programs can also become part of your medical file.

3. What medical information is not covered by HIPAA?

Medical information that is not covered by the federal privacy rule might be found in your financial records, your child's school records, and/or your employment files.

Medical Records Privacy

and look !!

The CDC's model emergency health powers act expanded surveillance authority, not just during pandemics, but every day of the year. Through the power and expanded electronic health data systems, public health departments have increased electronic surveillance on individuals. Many states have passed the surveillance sections of the health powers bills into law. One private company hopes to deliver an in vivo biosurveillance system through RFID sensors embedded in living persons.

How did government surveillance expand and how did privacy infringements begin?

Government Health Surveillance

and look !!

A new rule issued late Friday requires state, federal and local agencies as well as health insurers to swap the protected personal health information of anybody seeking to join the new health care program that will be enforced by the Internal Revenue Service.

Personal health information, or PHI, is highly protected under federal law, but the latest ruling from the Department of Health and Human Services allows agencies to trade the information to verify that Obamacare applicants are getting the minimum amount of health insurance coverage they need from the health “exchanges.”

The ruling, explained on pages 72-73 of the book-thick guidance, does not mention any requirement that applicants first OK the release of their PHI. HHS already allows some exchange of PHI without an individual’s pre-approval, especially when for a “government program providing public benefits.” Officials said the swapping of information is simply meant to help figure the best insurance coverge of Obamacare users.

Obamacare Will Share Your Private Medical Records With Government Bureaucrats

I am confident that our government bureaucrats and (approved by bureaucrats) contractors will be honest people.

The government requirements don't even have background and criminal checks in place.

So that must mean only honest people will be selected.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join