It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Irish hero saves hundreds of terrified shoppers in Nairobi by fighting off gunmen

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Just my take mind you but it sounds more like this...
Two spies from MI5 and a couple of Chinese operatives from their government signed and impromtu treaty to
deal with the terrorists who were disrupting their own secret operations.....

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

stirling
Just my take mind you but it sounds more like this
Two spies from MI5 and a couple of Chinese operatives from their government signed and impromtu treaty to
deal with the terrorists who were disrupting their own secret operations.....

errrr

what does any of this mean

really i don't quite get what your trying to say.
edit on 25-9-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Just to let you guys know. The Irish Ranger Wing is the The Army Ranger Wing (ARW, Irish: Sciathán Fiannóglach an Airm) it is the special forces unit of the Irish Defence Forces. Which has nothing to do with Britain. In the western world most special forces units train with each other at one point or another. For example. In the late 1960s and early 1970s a small number of Irish Defence Forces personnel attended the United States Army Ranger School at Fort Benning, The Irish army ranger wing has gone on to train and operate with many international special operations units worldwide, including the U.S. Army Rangers, French GIGN,German GSG 9, Polish GROM, Swedish SOG, Italian COMSUBIN, Australian SAS, New Zealand SAS, and Canadian JTF2 among others. After finishing their army career a lot of these trained soldiers go on to lucrative careers in international security. currently china is doing huge business within africa building cities and infrastructure in return for first dibs on precious minerals. These two guys an Irish guy and a british guy it seems were doing security for one of these companies, Hence been give weapons by two asian men, more than likely two severing members of the chinese army. hence the lack of info on them. The world is a big scary place and if you are an ex-special forces member, no matter what country you are from, THERE IS A LOT OF WORK OUT THERE FOR YOU.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

What has an ex-IRISH soldier got to do with MI5?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dave2810

I think it is possible he does not know that RoI is not part of the UK....

I asked him to elaborate on that post as well and he has so far failed to do so.

I could understand him saying that a Irish Solider may have been working with SIS in Kenya, its possible that he held duel nationality and that is how it came to be or that this was a joint British and Irish intelligence operation as one of the suspects is understood to have spent time in RoI. Yet really that is all just speculation, at this point all we really know is that two ex-soldiers saved about 100 people in that mall, any claims above that are just speculation at this point, all be it some very interesting speculation.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Well if this story is true he would want to stay on the down low. Hes probably working for a corporation that's contracted by an alphabet agency. The CIA for example. So going on TV or getting any publicity would be bad for his career.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I love Irish men.
just sayin

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
What, no progs around to call soldiers murderer here?
Excellent work and fun too.Terrorists are crappy infantry and a blast to shoot because they are SO cowardly when met with superior combatants.
I once saw a show where the British were training their troops and after a ruck march they swung an SLR into a guy's gut like a baseball bat and began POW training,pretty bad ass.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dave2810

more than likely nothing.

You don't have to go far in that part of the world to encounter an ex Irish Ranger Wing officer working in private security. Mostly the offer close protection services to high ranking or wealthy customers. The fact that he has been reported as being an ex Army Ranger, says to me that someone was able to identify them. (Ireland is a small country) These guys don't tend to advertise their career history. Otherwise he could easily have been misidentified as an ex British soldier, plenty of irish born guys take the trip over to the Uk and sign up for a better chance of a more varied military career.

Side note: One of the main leaders in the Libyan rebel army that ousted Ghadaffi was educated and lives in Ireland, he was able to co ordinate with Irish Military Intelligence that were on secondment with NATO by speaking in Irish via radio to call in air strikes.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Pimpintology
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Well if this story is true he would want to stay on the down low. Hes probably working for a corporation that's contracted by an alphabet agency. The CIA for example. So going on TV or getting any publicity would be bad for his career.

I love to speculate about this story but I think you are way off.

First of all the mostly likely scenario is that he was out their working security for some rich guy as was the other ex-solider and the just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

But if one was to speculate then its possible they may have been British Intelligence targeting the British suspect.

But that is total speculation.

I really dont think they were CIA

top topics

<< 1   >>

join