It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agents of Shield

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Watched the pilot last night.

It reminds me of a Marvel Comics makeover of NCIS.
But with Bob Newhart in charge instead of Mark Harmon.
And Robin Scherbatsky from 'How I Met Your Mother' was there.

It was fun. I'll check it out again next week.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Cool story bro!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Im worried about this series.

It could be good but if its bad it better not effect the movies!

I hope it is good i will be watching this later

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I watched the pilot too. Thought it was good and will definitely be watching next week. They can do so much with a show like this. They can have it running in tandem with the movies, build up to movies and have guest appearances of the actors from the movies. Alot of candy to pick and choose from. Lets hope they don't screw it up, lol.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by RedShirt73

I wholeheartedly agree! In fact, I was thinking the same thing. At least, I hope we'll get to see a few lesser know good guys and bad guys from the Marvel Universe.

Maybe insert the "Justice is served" plot that ran in the 90s and that saw a truckload of ill conceived villains meet their maker... lol

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Going to be watching that tonight at work

I used to watch Heroes and loved it. Since the series stopped running there has been a few shows like it but not been as good as Heroes.

Hoping this show it at least as good as Heroes though...
edit on 25/9/13 by Ezappa because: (no reason given)

edit on 25/9/13 by Ezappa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
People might be pleased to know this has a decent quality feel, something similar to 'Alphas' the TV show only obviously basing from the marvel comics.

I did not think it is treading to close to the movies, well at least not from the pilot. Hopefully this will continue, i think i will be tuning in each week.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I thought it was a bit boring so it had better pick up! And I am an admitted Comic Nerd! It was like Alphas but Alphas was like several other tropes already done in comics.

Oh and any bets that Agent Coulson is an Android (please be The Vision, please, please!)
edit on 25-9-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

That would be a good shout!

Since hes not displayed any android-ish qwerks i was thinking more of a clone type/super-soldier serum, definitely some good story potential there!

Will be watching the rest of this series for sure.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

At the risk of exposing my not so inner nerd... I'm an unrepentant Marvel fanboi.

You mean a Life Model Decoy. Those are the androids that SHIELD uses in the comics.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

seagull

At the risk of exposing my not so inner nerd... I'm an unrepentant Marvel fanboi.

You mean a Life Model Decoy. Those are the androids that SHIELD uses in the comics.

Following more on the Mutant spectrum, and without knowing how many are familiar with Marvel, I stand corrected.

Agent Coulson is most assuredly an LMD and the "Original" is in a coma(?).

edit on 1-10-2013 by abeverage because: of continuity errors...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Mmmm... I don't know. Early in the show, two of the agent, supervisory types I'm guessing, seemed to know that he'd been sent someplace after "dying" during the movie...

He could be an LMD, but the original may still be alive somewhere else...

God, I miss my comic books...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

seagull

Mmmm... I don't know. Early in the show, two of the agent, supervisory types I'm guessing, seemed to know that he'd been sent someplace after "dying" during the movie...

He could be an LMD, but the original may still be alive somewhere else...

God, I miss my comic books...

I revised the "Original" Coulson status as comatose...

But will stick with the Coulson being seen in the Agents of Shield is not the original and an LMD that will become THE VISION!!! YAY!
edit on 1-10-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

abeverage
I thought it was a bit boring so it had better pick up! And I am an admitted Comic Nerd! It was like Alphas but Alphas was like several other tropes already done in comics.

Oh and any bets that Agent Coulson is an Android (please be The Vision, please, please!)
edit on 25-9-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

My parents thinks that Coulson in Agents of Shield is a clone from the one that really died in The Avengers. Otherwise, why Coulson "shouldn't know" about how he really survived.

I admit that for now, Agents of Shield is not exactly what I expected. The trailer led me to think that since they couldn't do a movie for each and everyone Marvel characters there was, that this TV show was gonna to introduce them. But the first two episodes doesn't even have known villains or allies.
Plus, the story doesn't even revolve around the leader (Coulson) but around Skye, because nobody knows if she's good or not.

And, Coulson doesn't even have the same quirkiness that he had in the movies, where he could reply cunningly and with a sharp dark humor to guys like Iron Man, Thor and Loki. Now, it's like he's a cop.

I'm just hoping it's just like that for the beginning and that the real stuff is coming soon.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by starheart

I agree they should be putting in at least minor characters from Marvel!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Okay .. it was a bit dull .. The first show had potential but it's not 'there' yet.
Coulson is carrying the whole thing. And there is only one male lead agent of any 'ooomph'.
It's got too much estrogen and not enough testosterone ....

All the references to Tahiti being 'a magical place' .... yeah we get it, something is up
with the resurrection of Coulson.

I don't know .. it feels forced.

And the 'sexual tension' between the two 'pretty' characters .... it's forced and not there.

I'll give it another week or two ....

Side note - I was hyped on Sleepy Hollow, but that isn't going anywhere either ... ugh

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I've been thinking "Agent Cloneson" ever since the trailers.
Only one thing has challenged my theory, the episode with infectious lightning.
You know what I mean.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Admittedly, I missed a couple of episodes but so far I am liking the show.

It's not started out at any break neck speed but I want to give it time to grow and see where it goes before I make a final personal judgement on it.

The one real disappointment I have had is they haven't introduced any of the Marvel characters yet, at least that I have seen.

new topics

top topics

join