It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cookie Monster of the Sea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I just had to share this with my friends on ATS.
I don't have much to say about it... It's just funny!

Read the whole story from the link at the bottom.

Scuba divers are often amazed by the beauty of the reefs and their colorful inhabitants, and sometimes they’re even amused.

That certainly was the case for Mauricio Handler and his wife, Julia, during their last adventure to the reefs of Curacao in the Caribbean.

Among their many wonderful discoveries was that of a purple sea sponge that strongly resembled the famous Cookie Monster Muppet of “Sesame Street” fame.

Handler said via email that he had initially swam past the peculiar-looking sponge, without noticing it among the many other sponges on the reef.

But Julia came face to face with what the Handlers now refer to as “The Cookie Monster of the Sea,” and could not contain her laughter.

www.grindtv.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
That is creepy and kind of cute at the same time!

It never ceases to amaze me how many weird, spooky, creepy, downright terrifying, and yes... funny, creatures live in our waters! I always wonder what lives at the bottom of the oceans/seas that we can't get to. It's almost enough to keep you up at night.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Haven't you heard? The aliens have a base down there!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Sea sponge eh? Man that would creep me out IF it was on land. I decided to google for more examples of sea sponges but that was the most interesting example I came across. In terms of biology check out the following snapshot:

Some call em multi-cellular animals vs sea plants. I think I'll just keep calling them sponges. Simplify things a bit.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

LOL!!!

It does look like Cookie Monster!!!

How weird is our world?

It's too bad we have so many who want to destroy and too few who want to explore.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
My daily WTF moment on ATS has been met for today! Thank you!

top topics

join