It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not have local community funded food stamps instead of government funded food stamps?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Why not have local community funded food stamps instead of government funded food stamps?

Why not? The state institutes a $1-$5 tax to fund local social services.

They can then run it as need be without federal government involvement.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Because the local communities where the majority of food stamp collectors live can't afford to pay the increased tax.

You need to tax those that have actually accomplished things in their life and they usually have moved out of those neighborhoods already.

But hey, I'm all for sticking them with their own bill.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

'cause yo neighbo-hood be broke.
Just like everywhere else

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

John_Rodger_Cornman

I agree that a lot of things should be based on a state's budget instead of the federal government. If the government removed 75% of useless taxes for useless things.. (ex: Federal tanning tax 10%? what the #) then people would have more money to pay for state taxes that expand on social services. But... a lot of states blow their budget and then cry for fed assistance..

Solid plan, I like it.. but that means less control of the people for the federal government, so.. doubtful it will be used.. unless people wake up.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Why dont we just take care of each other instead of kill/ rob/ and rape each other?

Because were #ing stupid and cowardly thats why.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

onequestion

Why dont we just take care of each other instead of kill/ rob/ and rape each other?

Because were #ing stupid and cowardly thats why.

Because people abuse that and before you know it you have a handful of people taking care of a bunch of freeloaders.

Not everyone pulls their weight.

Kinda like now where we are increasing taxes on the rich to pay for the poor.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

John_Rodger_Cornman

Some states do things like this. It generally works out better than spending Federal money. But in the end, it's always easier to spend someone else's money, and politicians at the Federal level have no reason to change things, as long as voters keep demanding they do it.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Localizing and / or individualizing any Federal program would interfere with the continuing Marxist agenda.

Marx's 10 planks system is slowly being implemented in the U.S.
[ a couple have already been achieved ]

Plank #8 says:
"Equal liability of all to labor. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture."
( -Manifest der Kommunistischen Partei, Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels, 1848 )

In this case (partly), the "Establishment of industrial armies" is the Federal employees and contractors that depend 100% on the government. There are millions.

In other words, the Bureaucracy

[ only in "theory" of course ]

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

They would starve to death. Don't get me wrong I am for localization of social welfare programs. When the federal government gets involved they have an agenda. I am also for holding local areas accountable. Why are so many people poor in your area? Are you not helping them get jobs or are you not creating jobs? etc...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Pimpintology

They would starve to death. Don't get me wrong I am for localization of social welfare programs. When the federal government gets involved they have an agenda. I am also for holding local areas accountable. Why are so many people poor in your area? Are you not helping them get jobs or are you not creating jobs? etc...

Why do you feel its the governments job to help people get jobs or to create them. That is the responsibility of the individual and the company, not the government.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Food stamps are obviously bad at the government level. If you think about it, if everyone was on foodstamps, that would mean that everyone pays tax, which is then diverted to a private corp that the government chooses, both skim off the top, then people get their food stamps.

So yes, a community based food service for people that need it is obviously better.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
They can throttle the FS based on how much the recipients do to get employment.

new topics

top topics

join