It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has enouraged me to....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I am probably the user that has given the least amount of stars/flags. The reason? When you click to do it, the page has to reload. It may seem minor....but that fact has kept me from starring/flagging quality content in the past.

The new ATS, however, doesn't have to reload the page. The obvious benefit to me is that I can now star/flag without having to reload the page (and I have been doing just that en masse over the last week).

I suspect it also moots the "addstar" link trick that some of our less honest members have used in the past.

In any event, just wanted to point this out to other members.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Giving stars is free, I'm surprised that more people don't do it.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
What are ya on dial up?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Great on stars. Seems the rest of page loading is slower?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

zonetripper2065
What are ya on dial up?

I am not obsessive about many things. Efficiency.....that is my Achilles Heel.

This makes me somewhat impatient when trying to get from point A to point B. A page reload is beyond my threshold.

Pathetic, I know.
But we all have our own little nuances. But for what its worth, the way you worded that made me chuckle.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

IDK my page reloads faster than I blink. But I can dig where your comin from.

I word my entries to be somewhat amusing.
edit on 24-9-2013 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
delete.

edit on 24-9-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Okay, if you just star every post I make from now on then, I'll call it even on how you couldn't star all my good stuff before. Sound fair?

(Hey.. I had to try... Sounds reasonable as an idea anyway...lol)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I think you read me wrong.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

I suspect it also moots the "addstar" link trick that some of our less honest members have used in the past.

I always though it was a bunch of sock puppet accounts that were giving people a bunch of S&F.

Hell, I remember seeing one thread that had had 20 responses and 114 S&F's!

Im just happy you are giving out what you believe is deserved for quality posts and threads.

I gave you a Flag for the honesty, BFFT.......

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I noticed that too and love it!!!

However, I still expect it to 'refresh' ...LOL

Also I like being able to grab a picture off of the page you're posting from without copy/paste...very cool

edit on 24-9-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
i give 'em out like the federal reserve prints money.

flags, stars, applauses, etc.

not like it costs me anything.

recognition for quality contributions is a part of what ATS is all about, imho. (?)

i'd MUCH rather Clap, Star or Flag a post/thread than 'action one', any day of the week.

that'd mean i would have to handle all the followup communications needed to resolve 'the issue', and THAT cuts into my starring/flagging/applauding time.

guy just can't win for losin'

but keep on keep'in on folks ... with your thoughts and opinions.

it makes my day, at times, to read them. seriously. we've got a great group/Community of folks here. !!!

* feelin 'Clap Happy', atm *

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I did read you wrong. I'm getting tired. Apologies.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The not reloading the page on a star/flag is a great thing for real. That was very annoying. Never stopped me from giving stars though.

But what makes me happiest of all is the arrow that takes me back to the top of the page in a woosh. I've been wishing for that for a very, very long time because I despise scrolling up up up after I've scrolled down down down so much more than I despise page reloading!

ETA: What I wish for now is an unstar thingy for when I've starred too soon!

edit on 9/24/2013 by ~Lucidity because: grammar OCD

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

~Lucidity
The not reloading the page on a star/flag is a great thing for real. That was very annoying. Never stopped me from giving stars though.

But what makes me happiest of all is the arrow that takes me back to the top of the page in a woosh. I've been wishing for that for a very, very long time because I despise scrolling up up up after I've scrolled down down down so much more than I despise page reloading!

ETA: What I wish for now is an unstar thingy for when I've starred too soon!

edit on 9/24/2013 by ~Lucidity because: grammar OCD

For me, scrolling up is easy. I typically am on a laptop while at home. So i click the right/left buttons at the same time, which gives me free scrolling with the cursor. Even from the bottom of the Google image search, which goes on forever, I am back to the top in less than a second. Basically, just in time to click on whatever I want to click on.

On a mouse at work? Yeah, diffeent story.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Oddly enough, you can't star anyone in this thread... I say we get a thread going to change that... Allow stars in "Board Business & Questions" !!!!!!

I have seen many great posts in threads like this and think many great posts deserve them!! *shakes fist*

Edit: FLAG for the thread, but no stars.

Double Edit: I think I'll create the thread now, thanks BFFT!

Here it is -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 24-9-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Yay! I thought I was the only one, I hated to reload for every star, and believe me sometimes there were a few star worthy posts per page, and I just couldnt do it.

But NOW..... I love it!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

zonetripper2065
What are ya on dial up?

Damn it I want to star that!!

haha

I liked it refreshing the page. It made it easier to read any new replies. Now I have to reload the page manually.. ugh such a chore.

I want the old interface back. With the refreshing pages. Just that tho.. not fussed about the rest.

*I tired to change dark/light on my tablet using an array of browsers last night and switching to dark theme I lost all the icons and the theme remained white. I had to guess which one it was to go back to light. wont touch that again on a tablet yikes, first problem so far.! *

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It especially makes a difference if the thread you are reading, contains video material. Reloading stopped the content. and BTW, you can also use the fullscreen feature of the videos, directly from ATS now. another Plus.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Can only flag you once, but never knew about the starcheat...

See ya round:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join