It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISOn Update : 24 September 2013 "Eros and ISON moving together in the sky"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

That will be just fine with me:-)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Cheesy does it again!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

cheesy

StealthyKat
reply to post by cheesy

Cheesy....will you marry me?

No..i am to "Big" for ya..

Ohhhh..... my...........*blushes and looks down at the ground and bites my lip*....
ok.....but I will always have a crush on you !

Seriously though...I just smile every time I see your avatar LOL!

I really enjoy your posts....especially the comet stuff...keep up the good work!
edit on 9/26/2013 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Here From 24 September..i Just Remove From Other My Thread..i will Check For Update soon..

A Colourful Image Of ISON..

this color photo of the comet obtained by UK astronomer Damian Peach on Sept. 24th

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Here We Go..Still With Eros, But Quite Far..See Left Top Corner,, ENJOY

Comet C/2012 S1 ISON and asteroid 433 Eros captured on 25 September with iTelescope T4 at around 5:10 am local time in New Mexico, USA. The image is a stack of 10 x 60 second Luminance exposures. Images stacked then SUMMED using ImageJ, then contrast enhancement applied. click to embiggen

Animation made from all 10 images. Contrast enhanced to see the comet tail better.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Another Photo From Astronomer :

imaged by Rolando Ligustri on September 25th via iTelescope
twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

smurfy

ngchunter

anonymous1legion
reply to post by anonymous1legion

infact cant we get the original

No. OP did not cite who took the pictures, and I doubt they took the images themselves. There ought to be some rule against that in the terms of service of this website, but I doubt there is.

This is who is supposed to have taken the pictures,

www.itelescope.net... It's a web hosting service.

That's a telescope rental service, but it's not the "who" it's the "what." One of their telescopes took the picture then, but someone rented it and they have the original image files. I rent telescope time on itelescope as well.

The Op mentions that site, i don't know for sure who made the animation though. Possibly here,
although it doesn't actually say just a summary, but mentions doing Astrometry as if on the pictures, but you have to presume he is prescribing to the website.
astroblogger.blogspot.co.uk...
edit on 26-9-2013 by smurfy because: Link.

That's the who. Dr. Ian Musgrave, a friend of mine. I can get the individual frames if someone still needs convincing that it's hot pixels...

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I am enjoying the comet ISON stuff... but i have heard for a few weeks now that people think it's going to be a failure.

I do hope not. I want to see a show!!

And with regards to the 333 day cycle of plagues... it's interesting. But i'm sure we'll be fine.

Lets all hold hands.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Wow! ISON, Eros and Mars caught in a single image by Rolando Ligustri: www.astrobin.com...
The comet looks beautiful and has a greenish hue.

~~~

More amazing images from this amateur astronomer: www.astrobin.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

wildespace
Wow! ISON, Eros and Mars caught in a single image by Rolando Ligustri: www.astrobin.com...

~~~

I had a feeling this morning while imaging ISON that someone was going to be doing that shot soon (ISON + Mars). Didn't realize just how soon or I would have gone for it myself. Well done.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

wildespace

~~~

Omg! Thats a powerful image! Wonderful tq so much Mr.Wildespace!

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

VoidHawk
Good spot Cheesy

By the way, I think we now know where you come from.

It is were we all come from. The stirn g of comets and astroids that have come our way and will come our way is called orionidus

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Well we've had ISON with an asteroid and ISON with Mars in this thread, how about ISON with a plane?

It happened yesterday morning while I was taking the images for the color data of my latest ISON picture (with an Atik Titan-C on an Orion ST-80 piggybacked on an LX200). I decided to do a stack of just the Atik images that included that particular exposure. I aligned the images on the comet this time rather than the stars.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

ngchunter
Well we've had ISON with an asteroid and ISON with Mars in this thread, how about ISON with a plane?

It happened yesterday morning while I was taking the images for the color data of my latest ISON picture (with an Atik Titan-C on an Orion ST-80 piggybacked on an LX200). I decided to do a stack of just the Atik images that included that particular exposure. I aligned the images on the comet this time rather than the stars.

wow thats wonderful..!

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
this is from 29 september 2013 : ENJOY

Komet c/2012 S1 (ISON), 29.9.2013 imaged by astrohardy
3:01-3:52 UT, Canon 1100Da, Handeloh Astrograph

Comet #ISON imaged by Jordan Blanchard via iTelescope

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
this is my favorite one! its green!

Comet #ISON imaged by Michael Jäger
looks alive..its from 28 september 2013

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
why does it have such a high orbit out from the sun? i mean are the calculations even right or are they are just guessing

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

ShaeTheShaman
why does it have such a high orbit out from the sun? i mean are the calculations even right or are they are just guessing

Not sure I understand the question, but it's a hyperbolic comet.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

I think he's talking about the inclination of the orbit?

It has a high inclination because it originated from a point away from the ecliptic. But there have been comets with much higher inclinations.

edit on 9/30/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join