It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISOn Update : 24 September 2013 "Eros and ISON moving together in the sky"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

cheesy
Hii..We have Another Great Info From Lovely Comet, Now this time ISON walk together with A Massive Asteroid "EROS"..Lets See, Enjoy..

Comet C/2012 S1 ISON and asteroid 433 Eros captured on 24 September with iTelescope T4 at around 5:20 am local time in New Mexico, USA. The image is a stack of 10 x 60 second Luminance exposures. Images stacked then SUMMED using ImageJ, then contrast enhancement applied.

Animation made from 9 of 10 images. Contrast enhanced to see the comet tail better.

3.bp.blogspot.com...

2.bp.blogspot.com...
edit on 24-9-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

cheesy I love this! This little animation is really quite an amazing thing to just sit and look at isn't it? I thoroughly enjoy ALL of your ISON threads, keep em coming!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Tq so much all for your post, comment, link, picture, suggestion, and smile..tqx..
Sory i can not post another Ison update on other thread, i will post it here because Mod say so..i promise will update here, sory if you can see the lattes on new or live topic..
I ll post the update photo, color ison, etc tomorror because now i use my phone, and cant do lot of thing..once again Tqx
God bless..we wait for legend Comet of this year..ISON

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It's been said Comet ISON is the trigger event to start the " WORLD WIDE WARNING " foretold by many modern day prophets!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mcl1150

I'm fearful of the timing of this event.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

mcl1150
It's been said Comet ISON is the trigger event to start the " WORLD WIDE WARNING " foretold by many modern day prophets!

Nothing will happen trust me

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

smarterthanyou

This was also an error in editing. The triangle shape is coming from cross hairs that were intentionally or unintentionally left on there.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I'm tempted to make a doom thread on comet Ison. I know doom thread are a everyday thing, but one of the last time this comet was around the black plaque hit.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

cheesy
Hii..We have Another Great Info From Lovely Comet, Now this time ISON walk together with A Massive Asteroid "EROS"..Lets See, Enjoy..

Comet C/2012 S1 ISON and asteroid 433 Eros captured on 24 September with iTelescope T4 at around 5:20 am local time in New Mexico, USA. The image is a stack of 10 x 60 second Luminance exposures. Images stacked then SUMMED using ImageJ, then contrast enhancement applied.

Animation made from 9 of 10 images. Contrast enhanced to see the comet tail better.

3.bp.blogspot.com...

2.bp.blogspot.com...

in the second pic anyone else notice another object moving downwards near top center of the animation

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

HawkeyeNation

smarterthanyou

This was also an error in editing. The triangle shape is coming from cross hairs that were intentionally or unintentionally left on there.

No -- To clarify, that "Triangle" image is NOT an editing error image of the croshasirs. That image is a real image of C/2012 S1 ISON -- or actually a composite of three separate images of ISON from the Hubble telescope.

This link to the Hubble website explains the image:

What's Going On With This Comet ISON Image?

Here is a basic explanation of that image:
That image is a composite is three long-exposure images of the comet laid on top of each other (hence the three lines). The reason for the apparent abrupt change in direction of the comet (the "hooked" path) is due to what is called "parallax". The parallax is due to the fact that the Hubble telescope is always moving, and was in different positions (with different points of view) of the comet when it took the three pictures. Each different point-of-view made the direction of the comet looked slightly different -- hence the reason for the apparent hooked path.

Here are two posts from another thread on ISON explaining how the parallax effect caused this odd image:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9/26/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymous1legion

this one .....

if its a new discovery I shall name it....... comet..... Mini-Me

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

anonymous1legion

cheesy

3.bp.blogspot.com...

2.bp.blogspot.com...

in the second pic anyone else notice another object moving downwards near top center of the animation

It's a hot pixel. It shows the gradual drift and periodic error of the telescope's tracking over time. It appears to "move" because the images have been aligned on the stars after they were shot, causing the hot pixel to appear to move.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

hmm a hot pixel, i suppose its just as good a guess as mine, you see thats all we have... speculation

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

anonymous1legion

this one .....

It's a hot pixel. Here's another example from some old images I shot of ISON months ago using one of the itelescopes.

Pardon the elongated stars and the comet, but as you can see, there are a number of hot pixels that appear to be moving in the image. The images have all been aligned on the stars, making the hot pixels appear to move. Here is what it looked like with just a straight crop of that image region without any alignment:

Now you can see that the hot pixels are actually fixed in place.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

anonymous1legion

hmm a hot pixel, i suppose its just as good a guess as mine, you see thats all we have... speculation

Actually I have 13 years of experience in astrophotography.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

also if it is a hot pixel wouldnt it be stationary with the stars as its only one pixel so when they aligned to the stars surely the hot pixel would be aligned too? or am i miss-understanding?
I need more info on these hot pixels

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

ngchunter

anonymous1legion

this one .....

It's a hot pixel. Here's another example from some old images I shot of ISON months ago using one of the itelescopes.

Pardon the elongated stars and the comet, but as you can see, there are a number of hot pixels that appear to be moving in the image. The images have all been aligned on the stars, making the hot pixels appear to move. Here is what it looked like with just a straight crop of that image region without any alignment:

Now you can see that the hot pixels are actually fixed in place.

Furthermore, there's a quick way to identify hot pixels in both sets of images; they don't form point spread functions like the stars and comet nucleus do. That's a dead giveaway that it's not an actual detection of light in the optics.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

anonymous1legion

also if it is a hot pixel wouldnt it be stationary with the stars

No.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

ngchunter

anonymous1legion

Actually I have 13 years of experience in astrophotography.

haha no need to whoop out the credentials, oo 13? unlucky for some.... anyways I did not mean to question your knowledge on hot pixels and the such, and the speculation bit was a pun... spec-ulation? geddit? anyways I have 14 years experience in bullography and I think its comet mini-me lol

edit on 26-9-2013 by anonymous1legion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
and furthermore it seems to flicker, do hot pixels flicker? and i dont see any other hot pixels in the photo

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join