It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISOn Update : 24 September 2013 "Eros and ISON moving together in the sky"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I don't beleieve they're just cosmic dust type things, but Et or Entities. Ison is supposed to be a part of 3 comets, Lovejoy and Encke, ie Enki. Annanuki returns? Considering the state of earth and the behavior of their nephilims they left behind who are destroying earth and harming many people, ie. the bankers, and our leaders, I think they got some explaining to do, and we need to be in their faces.....!!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

iamhobo
Anyone have an idea as to what the object is moving downward between EROS and ISON?

It's kind of sporadic but follows a path. I can't tell if it's another space rock or a lens artifact.

Hot pixel. The path it follows is the slow drift and periodic error of the telescope. The individual images are aligned on the stars after they're shot, so it makes it look like the hot pixels are moving instead.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Nice find Cheesy
I am so interested in this fly by near Mars. I wish I had another telescope to observe myself, but alas, I only have binoculars at this time.

I found an interesting blog about the trajectory. This man tells it how it is and he calls everyone conspiracy nuts!!
I would not be surprised if he was a lurker here on ATS! Yes he is rather harsh but funny nonetheless.

But if you’re one of the tin foil hat wearing, conspiracy theory believing, X Files obsessed, fruit loop “The End Is Nigh!” nutters who lives in their parents’ basement and spends hours reading about Mayan Calendars, UFOs, Moon Landing Hoaxes and the like, this isn’t the blog for you. Kindly leave. No, really, I mean it. See that red “X” at the top right of the page? Click on it and **** off. You’re not welcome here.

I can imagine what some of you are thinking now. “That’s a bit harsh, Stu, no need for that.” But I don’t think it is a bit harsh, and this is my blog, my attempt to educate and inform people about ISON, so what I say goes. But it’s not just that. Sadly, nowadays anything a) astronomical and b) rare gets hijacked by a bunch of absolute dribble-drooling crazies nowadays, people with far too much spare time on their hands and, sadly, access to a computer and the internet. These nutters set up a blog, a Twitter account or a YouTube channel and any new discovery – a comet, asteroid, whatever – is quickly kidnapped by them and heralded as proof that the world is going to end, or that God is angry with us, or both! It’s bizarre.

These people actually seem to relish the thought of billions of people dying and human civilization being wiped out, and are even disappointed when it doesn’t happen! Take all that Mayan crap at the end of last year. It was always rubbish – the Mayans never predicted the end of the world, it was modern 21st century idiots who twisted the whole calendar thing into something stupid – and when the world didn’t end on the day it was predicted to they all backtracked, insisting the calculations were wrong, or the translation was wrong. Doomsday was just delayed, not cancelled.

Waiting For Ison

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Thanks Cheesy, love your post and this is great to know!
S & F

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Comet C/2012 S1 (ISON) and the asteroid Eros may appear to be moving together, but their orbits are quite different. They are appearing to be moving together currently, but only from our point of view here on Earth.

So I guess the OP's title that says ISON and Eros are "moving together in the sky" is accurate, but to clarify -- they are not moving together in space.

Below is the orbit and current position of Eros:

And the orbit and current position of comet C/2012 S1 (ISON):

edit on 9/25/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I'm sure most people know about the "American Meteor Society"... I for one did not know they had a great Web Page updated daily w/ a lot of great information. You can see pictures, reports, maps, video's and predictions...

A lot of people over on the E. Coast and Midwest are getting quite the show. AZ and CA have seen some fun. Japan on 9-18 wow!!!

American Meteor Society

Is this the event Janet N. warned her incoming Successor about (?) I seen an Article that said Ison's messing w/ Yellowstone... I personally hope not.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Very interesting times, it seems as though comets are becoming the constant norm. Here are a couple of interesting things to add to the Eros observation.
cumbriansky.wordpress.com...

That’s a pretty exciting prospect for comet observers. But what caught my eye was what we have a chance of seeing a month earlier, before dawn on the morning of November 9th. Given clear skies, and a lot of luck, we have a chance of seeing a veritable “Comet Convoy” as 3 comets line up with Mars and Jupiter in the south east before sunrise…

But this I find very interesting: science.nasa.gov...

When Earth passes through the debris stream, we will encounter two populations of comet dust. One swarm of dust will be following the Comet ISON into the sun. Another swarm will be moving in the opposite direction, pushed away from the sun by solar radiation pressure. The streams will pepper opposite sides of Earth simultaneously.

"In my experience, this kind of double whammy is unprecedented," says Wiegert.

"For several days around January 12, 2014, Earth will pass through a stream of fine-grained debris from Comet ISON," says Wiegert. "The resulting shower could have some interesting properties.

According to Wiegert's computer models, the debris stream is populated with extremely tiny grains of dust, no more than a few microns wide, pushed toward Earth by the gentle radiation pressure of the sun. They will be hitting at a speed of 56 km/s or 125,000 mph. Because the particles are so small, Earth’s upper atmosphere will rapidly slow them to a stop.
"Instead of burning up in a flash of light, they will drift gently down to the Earth below," he says.
Don’t expect to notice. The invisible rain of comet dust, if it occurs, would be very slow. It can take months or even years for fine dust to settle out of the high atmosphere.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Having three comets in the sky is interesting, but those three comets may not all be visible to the naked eye at the same time (or visible at all to the naked eye in the case of C/2103 R1 Lovejoy).

C/2013 R1 may never be any brighter than magnitude 8, which means it would not be visible to the naked eye (magnitude 6 is usually the dimmest object that an eye could see -- and even then just barely). Comet 2P/Encke will probably also be very dim, probably only magnitude 7 -- but maybe it may get as bright as magnitude 6, which is still just barely visible.

So it seems unlikely that comet C/2013 R1 Lovejoy and comet 2P/Encke will be visible to the naked eye, but both will probably be visible with a small telescope or a half-decent pair of binoculars.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Waaa thank you for posting that video. If I was in power I too would make these preparations for an impact aswell. Lets see if FEMA alerts pop up in other areas that pass through the debris field to verify this claim.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Tsu322
reply to post by cheesy

Thank you cheesy.

When I see the picture I see dark rain falling heavy from the two comets. Maybe this is how the disease arrives on earth? Bacteria on small rocks? Poison liquid rain? From one comet or the other?

Have you come across this thread? The image would also fit well here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

PS, did you enjoy the Mother Shipton thread? To me, it is all fitting together and makes it all more exciting.

yes i already read it..make me chills..how can someone can say a word like that..

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Cheesy....will you marry me?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

thedoctorswife
Cheesy, I have to say, what you lack in English grammar you certainly make up in thread creation and design, your embeds are outstanding. Your a true asset to the site, and you have a great sense of humour, I love your cheesy comet.
Keep up the good work, another great thread. s+f.

Tq so much Ms.thedoctorswife! i like your smile so natural

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Starwise
reply to post by cheesy

Nice find Cheesy
I am so interested in this fly by near Mars. I wish I had another telescope to observe myself, but alas, I only have binoculars at this time.

I found an interesting blog about the trajectory. This man tells it how it is and he calls everyone conspiracy nuts!!
I would not be surprised if he was a lurker here on ATS! Yes he is rather harsh but funny nonetheless.

But if you’re one of the tin foil hat wearing, conspiracy theory believing, X Files obsessed, fruit loop “The End Is Nigh!” nutters who lives in their parents’ basement and spends hours reading about Mayan Calendars, UFOs, Moon Landing Hoaxes and the like, this isn’t the blog for you. Kindly leave. No, really, I mean it. See that red “X” at the top right of the page? Click on it and **** off. You’re not welcome here.

I can imagine what some of you are thinking now. “That’s a bit harsh, Stu, no need for that.” But I don’t think it is a bit harsh, and this is my blog, my attempt to educate and inform people about ISON, so what I say goes. But it’s not just that. Sadly, nowadays anything a) astronomical and b) rare gets hijacked by a bunch of absolute dribble-drooling crazies nowadays, people with far too much spare time on their hands and, sadly, access to a computer and the internet. These nutters set up a blog, a Twitter account or a YouTube channel and any new discovery – a comet, asteroid, whatever – is quickly kidnapped by them and heralded as proof that the world is going to end, or that God is angry with us, or both! It’s bizarre.

These people actually seem to relish the thought of billions of people dying and human civilization being wiped out, and are even disappointed when it doesn’t happen! Take all that Mayan crap at the end of last year. It was always rubbish – the Mayans never predicted the end of the world, it was modern 21st century idiots who twisted the whole calendar thing into something stupid – and when the world didn’t end on the day it was predicted to they all backtracked, insisting the calculations were wrong, or the translation was wrong. Doomsday was just delayed, not cancelled.

Waiting For Ison

Wait until November or desember..binocular is enough..

i have no comment about Doomsday
Lot of thing already happen maybe we are near?
just kiding

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People
Comet C/2012 S1 (ISON) and the asteroid Eros may appear to be moving together, but their orbits are quite different. They are appearing to be moving together currently, but only from our point of view here on Earth.

So I guess the OP's title that says ISON and Eros are "moving together in the sky" is accurate, but to clarify -- they are not moving together in space.

Below is the orbit and current position of Eros:

And the orbit and current position of comet C/2012 S1 (ISON):

Yes! you are right sir! but they seem quite know each other

where i can get that orbital diagram sir?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

StealthyKat
reply to post by cheesy

No..i am to "Big" for ya..

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

cheesy
...where i can get that orbital diagram sir?

I should have included my source in a link...sorry about that.

Here is the JPL Small Body Database Browser. You can put the name of the object in the search bar on the linked pages (NOT the "Search JPL" bar at the top of the page, but rather the search bar closer to the middle of the page, to the right of the words "JPL Small-Body Database Browser"), then go to "orbit diagram". Once inthe diagram, you can zoom, turn the diagram, and look ahead and backwards in time:

NASA/JPL Small-Body Database Browser

Here are the links that go directly to the Orbit diagrams for C/2012 S1 (ISON) and to 433 Eros:

NASA/JPL Small-Body Database Browser -- Comet C/2012 S1 (ISON)

NASA/JPL Small-Body Database Browser -- Asteroid 433 Eros
Note: viewing the diagrams in the links requires the installation of a java applet

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Any trajectory info? Since ISON is to come back pass the Earth on it's way out of the solar system...
Late October/Mid November window.

Seem a lot of insinuation it will have effect on earth but not any specifics ... is this the 25,000 years "Wipe Out"?
All those D.U.M.B.s stocked and ready for less than a million occupants....
I think we should get a shove and start digging.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Interesting aspect the one about the dust lingering in the atmosphere for possibly a few years.

This brings the question, what effect will this have on reflecting the light and heat from the sun and the resulting effects on weather on earth?

Remember when Mount Pinitubo in Philipines erupted in 1992, the amount of ash put into the atmosphere lowered the temp a little.

Surely this will have the same result.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

cheesy

StealthyKat
reply to post by cheesy

No..i am to "Big" for ya..

Lol , what a funny comment ?

I've got my eyes on you cheesy lol lol
1%

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Dear Cheesy, no matter what happens, if the world is repopulated with people more like you it would be a better place. A place I would like to reside. Thanks for all the posts kiddo.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join