It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion at Columbus Police Headquarters..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

canucks555
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

What links you using wabbit? I'm in the dark here other than a few news paragraphs and you guys..

The link from above:

City Wide Scanner

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

www.broadcastify.com... Thats Frankling COunty Fire/ EMS - Columbus and units from outside are being called in, as you'd imagine. Not for a bit now though.

www.broadcastify.com...

That's Columbus Police City-Wide...though again, they're on cell phones and other channels except for an occasional reference or slip. It sounds like a normal city for that reason

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Another note on this... I've heard them refer to this as the Marconi Incident. Looking at the OP, I see their building is at the corner of Marconi and a cross street.... just so you catch the reference if it's used again. That was one of the outlaying fire units referring to it.

Odd... Fire Band, someone just asked dispatch to check and see if any sewer people were working in the area. Why would that be either unknown..or relevant?
edit on 24-9-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

If this comes up to matter later, dispatch just returned that no one from city sewers and drains was working in the area, and it had again originally been referred to as the Marconi incident when they asked. Battalion 1 requesting ES-2 either relay or dispatch. Also a reference from battalion one person about a Safety director 'working on it' re: the answer they got.

Hmmm...

And they just officially requested someone from AEP (American Electric Power...The power company there) to come out and report to the command trailer.

The plot thickens... Is MSM getting this? I'm not adding their feeds to multiple audio

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Perhaps the police were careless with their munitions.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Here's a live link that's working for me,

www.nbc4i.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

AEP? Representative.....what is AEP? Researching now....

Apparently they want to dispatch a representative from the American Electric Power to the site...maybe I misheard.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Sorry, I was adding it to my own above.. You heard the same as I did... Someone to come out and report.

That on top of wondering if anyone was in the sewers for the City? What happened down there? This is sounding real odd.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Sounds like an electrical surge.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Starting to sound like a 'normal' situation; normal in the sense that a generator or something went "bang"....maybe an arc-flash instance? Hence wanting to know if any city-workers were in the area and now wanting the power company to report?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I'm familiar with Marconi Blvd not for the police headquarters but for the Federal Courthouse.... been there a couple times. There has been some ongoing construction around there. AEP is the main electric company for our area. Maybe something is wrong with the wiring or they want to power something down.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

There were also reports of suspicious people in the area at the time. K9 units also were on scene, and officials were searching nearby parking garages for explosives.

www.10tv.com...

Home boys! Or something else?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

canucks555

There were also reports of suspicious people in the area at the time. K9 units also were on scene, and officials were searching nearby parking garages for explosives.

www.10tv.com...

Home boys! Or something else?

Your link also states that Homeland Security has been there since 8:30 (about an hour and a half) What in the world could possible be going on that calls for HS to be present? Do they always show up for possible transformer malfunctions or electrical issues? Or is there more to this than the media is saying so far?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Homeland Security translate to = we micromanage everything in your life now.

Dont make a mistake or you will become a casualty of security.

Everyone is so scared they have to kill everyone incase someone might do something wrong, or have a child that has kids that does something wrong. Rich people are so scared.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Nyiah
Your link also states that Homeland Security has been there since 8:30 (about an hour and a half) What in the world could possible be going on that calls for HS to be present? Do they always show up for possible transformer malfunctions or electrical issues? Or is there more to this than the media is saying so far?

I wish they would clarify. For instance. I work for a federal agency and if I report vandalism or an incident to my facility, a "Homeland Security" Metro Officer (local officer tasked to an office created for the sole purpose of raking in the Federal dollars associated with having such an office) arrives; one tasked with handling incidents that could be deemed a "threat".

So I wouldn't put too much faith into that until we know more in my opinion.
edit on 24-9-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Maybe the toilette is plugged...

Hard to say what's going on with all the rumors flying around..
Smell of gun powder, suspicious people and the whole building shaking doesn't have me posting the all clear yet, though that also seems to be a good possibility at this point..

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- A Columbus Fire Department official says firefighters and police have not found any visual evidence of an explosion at the city's police headquarters.

Source

Guess it was nothing ....... or maybe they don't know yet, they say nothing was found tho....

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

whodat09

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- A Columbus Fire Department official says firefighters and police have not found any visual evidence of an explosion at the city's police headquarters.

Source

Guess it was nothing ....... or maybe they don't know yet, they say nothing was found tho....

Which adds the mystery. Who knows, maybe a lackey accidentally knocked over a large shelf that caused the "explosion". Maybe this is the effect of being afraid of the boogie-man for 10+ years? Maybe it was an electrical arc, maybe someone jumped onto a large sheet of bubble-wrap?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It sounds like it`s nothing, the msm will bury this story so as not to embarrass the police.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
That on top of wondering if anyone was in the sewers for the City? What happened down there? This is sounding real odd.

Police checking the sewers near us. They have everyone out of sight of CPD HQ. afraid of second explosive device.
Police received a tip about someone dropping something down a manhole near #CPD HQ before possible explosion. Terrorism task force assisting

twitter.com...
edit on 24-9-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
That's the second fully armed and suited up tactical team to walk across the 10tv screen in the last moment or two.

Something is up.... They just said to make sure any buildings with civilians at windows within line of sight to get clear of them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join