It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion at Columbus Police Headquarters..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

This is just breaking now, here is a link and the only info I have thus far..

twitter.com...
edit on 24-9-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

The police headquarters in Columbus, Ohio, is evacuated after reports of an explosion; officers are heading down the stairwells -

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

ohhh bomb blast

I kept thinking who is Bob Blast?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

That's the beer typing .
edited,, explosion, not "bomb blast"

so far...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

This just popped up

www.10tv.com...

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Columbus Division of Fire is investigating a report of an explosion at Columbus Police headquarters in Downtown Columbus.

A loud noise was heard inside the building in the 100 block of Marconi Boulevard around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Police asked people inside the building to evacuate by using the stairs.

Police and fire crews were going building by building checking for the source.

Columbus Police Sergeant Rich Weiner said there were no reports of injuries.

Columbus police dispatchers said the noise was heard on the second floor where a deli is located. Dispatchers said it did not start a fire.

Some streets surrounding police headquarters is closed.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
More:

Dozens of police cars and fire trucks have surrounded the Columbus Division of Police headquarters Downtown this evening, after someone inside called in a possible explosion. The call was made about 7:25 p.m. from the headquarters at 120 Marconi Blvd. Police and fire officials said there have been no reports of injuries and there’s no smoke visible. The caller said there was a loud noise that sounded like an explosion. The headquarters has been evacuated and Marconi Boulevard is blocked off at Long Street.

www.dispatch.com...

no reports of injuries thus far, that's good,

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Here's a live link:
live link

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by occrest

I was gonna post that but it's failing to load for me.
Seems like a false alarm? No smoke? hmmm...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Considering that the floor that the "noise" was heard has a deli; maybe kitchen accident?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'm about 25 miles east of Columbus. They just said the 6th floor and up are on lock down and 10tv said there are rumors circulating as to what may have happened but because nothing is confirmed they won't report. May be getting twitter rumors.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Live Citywide Scanner

LINK

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Photo of building taken after dark under helicopter lights shows no damage.

Lights on inside show nothing amiss either, so far anyway. See it here

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Fox 28 reported a worker smelling gunpowder just before hearing a "loud bang." The building is being checked floor-by-floor to determine exactly what happened. Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Okay, what am I missing here? I get that the media and public don't know squat....but really, I'm missing something. I HAVE to be MISSING something really big.

Do the cops sound equally confused here?? It sounds like they ran away from whatever noise it was, as quickly as anyone else. Gee, it's a police station. Criminals can be found in Police stations. Weapons and Evidence rooms can be found there. All very BAD things to have loud, sudden noises in the vicinity of. WORSE things for the police to be running FROM ...when such a thing happens.

If the cops are baffled for lack of investigating ...you know, as it was happening? I have to wonder.... What precisely are they hiring in Columbus?? The media story says someone even smelled gunpowder after the big noise was heard...and presumably the running away began.

I still can't get my head around that. Loud noise..IN police station. BANG noise..and Cops who get called to handle things like this ..RUN when it's INSIDE their OWN house??

I'll go back to something that makes sense now...just Just Cause 2 games...where cops don't abandon their own house to a scary noise...they go find it immediately ....
edit on 24-9-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
News 4 (NBC) is being asked to move two more blocks away. There is also some type of steam, smoke or vapor coming off the top of the building which wasn't there 20 minutes ago.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

any live feeds would be greatly appreciated, both the news links and scanner links posted so far just aren't working for me..

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
What the hell is going on?

Maybe now they are pulling more false flag operations to justify more wars for the nwo.

We have to stay calm and clearheaded.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

They keep breaking through on The Voice is how I'm getting info. The whole thing just seems a tad odd. Why aren't they just saying what they think happened?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

John_Rodger_Cornman
What the hell is going on?

Maybe now they are pulling more false flag operations to justify more wars for the nwo.

We have to stay calm and clearheaded.

Or maybe just an accident? I agree with staying calm, but how can one do that when you drop "...pulling more false flag operations..." into the mix?

Since information right now on this is scarce, I think we should be in observation mode and not in the mindset to formulate theories yet. Didn't Holmes teach us anything?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Anyone else listening to Broadcastify for the Columbus Police and Fire channels? One unit, I believe it was on the fire band (I have both running at once, and it gets confusing) said they were pulling back further after hearing the police talk about getting out of 'line of sight'.

Okay, what the hell? I can think of a few things line of sight would matter for...but they're all much more than this is being presented as.

Spring Street...was where the unit was talking about moving to, if someone knows the area to put that in context?

Almost everything is on other channels not publicly covered here (One fire unit was saying they were changing to Battalion one en-route a few minutes ago..if anyone there has a frequency book and scanner) ..but this came over the city-wide.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

What links you using wabbit? I'm in the dark here other than a few news paragraphs and you guys..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join