It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most (And Least) Reliable Audi Quattro Variants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Howdy, folks. The missus and I are mulling buying some used Audi Quattro variant or other to backstop our current ride, and provide utility in bad weather (we live in Denver). Our car is great in many ways, but it is FWD, and that will certainly be an issue sooner than later I suspect. If it were not for that we would not need a second vehicle at all (which, admittedly, I hate to have to contemplate. I'm not "made out of airports".)

Used Audis are quite plentiful here (and strangely, in some contexts, cheaper than equivalent Japanese AWD vehicles), and they provide a lot more than, say, the average Subaru (a modicum of fun). In addition to the other resources I've poked around in, I'd like to get some objective input from the ATS community regards the pros and cons of these vehicles.

Much obliged any help you might be able to provide.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: lokomotiv23

I like the Audi 90 and 100 vintage.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: lokomotiv23

got a family?
audi a4 quattro wagon with a turbo

audi makes great cars. cant really go wrong

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Audi repairs are expensive, and an absolute pain to work on if you get a v8 model, I dread even changing the oil on them...have to remove the air filter box just to get access to the darn oil filter. Pretty much have to remove the whole front bumper assembly to do anything on them, I would go with the 6 cyl motor, or 4cyl if yodon't care much about powernt

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I have had a few VAG cars, just acquired a B5 avant quattro recently as a project car to stance out on some bbs style 5's. She's old with just a little 1.8 turbo engine but proven to be a very solid ride. Does great in bad weather. And believe it or not actually looks pretty mean after getting some TLC.

They are PITA sometimes especially if you don't know much about them and it helps to have money in the bank when you own them lol but they grow on you!

edit on 1-6-2015 by Ashirah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
From what I've heard the days of VAG cars being the definition of reliability are gone. It's not so much the engines or drive trains that are the problem, but they're prone to quite a few electrical niggles.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Ugh I have an extreme distaste for Audi. Yuck.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
My husband had an audi A4 quatro the last two years, and really loved it.
We live in a rural mountainous area, often difficult to access in winter, and he drives an average of six hours a day, and that car never let him down. It handled really really well too.

He also never had a backache, as he has with some cars.

He changes cars often and changed it this December, but he regrets and misses that one.
edit on 4-2-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join