It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your most fond videogame memories? [Growing up or in the past]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I suppose I'd also have to add the countless times I've died in hardcore Diablo...
I finished this account just before Diablo 3 came out...
Was trying to get all the various titles of hardcore mode in classic and xpac.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Jarring

There are other moments...I'm very susceptible to emotion, so I like to cry to certain parts of video games. The most memorable part would be during a specific scene of final fantasy 7 that everyone who's every played it remembers. Even people who have never played it know about it.

I still get a lump in my throat when I think about THAT scene. The most memorable scene from a video game ever in my opinion!
Never before and since have I felt shock, sadness and a real loss on that scale during any game. It will forever haunt me
lol

I like to listen to the soundtracks of FF games ...partly when I wish to reminisce and partly because the soundtracks are amazing. Nobuo Uematsu is pure musical genius!

Anyway, in reference to the scene you are talking about. When I listen to this it brings back all those memories.....

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Logos23

Jarring

There are other moments...I'm very susceptible to emotion, so I like to cry to certain parts of video games. The most memorable part would be during a specific scene of final fantasy 7 that everyone who's every played it remembers. Even people who have never played it know about it.

I still get a lump in my throat when I think about THAT scene. The most memorable scene from a video game ever in my opinion!
Never before and since have I felt shock, sadness and a real loss on that scale during any game. It will forever haunt me
lol

I like to listen to the soundtracks of FF games ...partly when I wish to reminisce and partly because the soundtracks are amazing. Nobuo Uematsu is pure musical genius!

Anyway, in reference to the scene you are talking about. When I listen to this it brings back all those memories.....

play hardcore diablo 2 or 3.. spend months on one character.. then die

that will haunt you for days..first time always does especially.
btw, if you don't know, hardcore is the same game, cept you can only play with other hardcore characters, and if you die, your character is gone for good, and you lose everything on it. at least in diablo 3 you keep your stash and gold, but i guess they'd have to give you that much.

nothing worse than seein that death screen..

"your deeds of valor will be remembered"

...mmhm...
lol, one time I let a dude kill me off in a duel cuz he was the first one to be able to beat me in a spar. ~.~;
next time I come back to the game, the biggest patch to ever have been released on diablo 2 comes out, and the hardcore community gets owned. Hardly anyone plays any more...might as well play hardcore on singleplayer now.. lol, that's what I do.
edit on 01/24/14 by Jarring because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I'm a dork for Donkey Kong Country, still play it.

I have fond memories of spending half the saturday with my dad and brothers taking turns playing Super Mario bros and Legend Of Zelda, fun times.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

brandiwine14
I'm a dork for Donkey Kong Country, still play it.

I have fond memories of spending half the saturday with my dad and brothers taking turns playing Super Mario bros and Legend Of Zelda, fun times.

dkc is a great game, so are the others, i always try to get the smb and zeldas when they come out if i own the system. the new dkc for the wii was good...maybe a little too quick for my taste.. but i guess you have to expect it from games like that...

these days i tend to stick with games that i can sink my teeth into for a long time.. like dota 2 -_-; learning curve on that game is astronomical. there's always something new to learn, some skill to gain.

there's always someone better than you...even at the top, there's gonna be someone to put you in your place.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Me & my Mother completing SMB3 for the first time ever.

We'd struggled with world 8 for a few weeks, then she woke me up late one night, ecstatic that she's got to Koopas castle - She couldn't beat him after many tries, I done him on our last life!

SMB3 is my favourite game of all time, can easily beat it in 15 minutes now!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

remember original 3d duke nukem and doom I and II
even wolfienstein

wow, mind blowing stuff when first seeing it

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

1. donkey kong
  2. pac man
  3. asteroids
  4. frogger