It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

95 per cent of intelligent people know the new IPCC report is utter drivel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Kali74
reply to post by BABYBULL24

That is pathetic.

Are you honestly going to deny that the Earth or the Sun dont play a role in Climate Change?

Seriously Kali?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

sonnny1

Kali74

That is pathetic.

Are you honestly going to deny that the Earth or the Sun dont play a role in Climate Change?

Seriously Kali?

No, I never have... neither have any climate scientists. The sun being the largest factor in climate is not denied but it has been ruled out as causing this current warming.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Kali74

The sun being the largest factor in climate is not denied but it has been ruled out as causing this current warming.

And that's where I respectfully disagree Kali.

I dont trust these scientists.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

But you trust the people twisting the science or denying it altogether?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

sonnny1
reply to post by Kali74

Look, man has screwed up the World, make no mistake. No one can tell me Mother Earth or our Sun isn't the biggest proponent of Climate Change though. Man is but a ant on this planet.

More like a virus on this planet

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Kali74

Nope. I dont trust them either, along with Big Oil or Politicians.

When you realize that there's 2 camps, and both of them have something to gain by it, then you will see it the way I do.

Our Government warns on our destructive habits but yet, has Nuclear dumps, and Nuclear Power Plants built on fault lines. Did you know that they were going to build a Nuclear Power Plant near Central Park, back in the day?

There is no common sense when money changes hands.

I vote for common sense. I also try to live my life as friendly to the environment as I can.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Rezlooper

sonnny1
reply to post by Kali74

Look, man has screwed up the World, make no mistake. No one can tell me Mother Earth or our Sun isn't the biggest proponent of Climate Change though. Man is but a ant on this planet.

More like a virus on this planet

Agree 100%.

Agent Smith from the Matrix said it best.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

sonnny1

Kali74

Nope. I dont trust them either, along with Big Oil or Politicians.

When you realize that there's 2 camps, and both of them have something to gain by it, then you will see it the way I do.

Our Government warns on our destructive habits but yet, has Nuclear dumps, and Nuclear Power Plants built on fault lines. Did you know that they were going to build a Nuclear Power Plant near Central Park, back in the day?

There is no common sense when money changes hands.

I vote for common sense. I also try to live my life as friendly to the environment as I can.

There is very little to gain besides funding which is miniscule at best, for scientists. Government can't lose in this debate, they profit either way.

The government does not do the warning, they do extremely little to address AGW. Currently it's more profitable to go along with Big Oil.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Look out the windows folks!!!

It's all just as it always was.

The only difference is they wanna tax us for the lovely weather, and create global laws.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Kali74

Show us how it's the sun.

Damn that religious national geographic!

Mars Melt Hints at Solar, Not Human, Cause for Warming, Scientist Says

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Now this doesn't mean it's the sun per se, but hints at something causing a solar system wide climate change, which we are seeing. Almost every planet is experiencing climate change.
edit on 24-9-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Kali74

sonnny1

Kali74

That is pathetic.

Seriously Kali?

No, I never have... neither have any climate scientists. The sun being the largest factor in climate is not denied but it has been ruled out as causing this current warming.

Just out of curiosity can you offer me links that rebut this correlation between solar activity and global warming? I believe thinking humans are not responsible at all is foolish, but I find it equally foolish to discount other causes known and unknown possibly and declare it's all because of us. This doesn't mean we shouldn't take measures.
www.dailytech.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

If you read the whole article, it's more about how wrong the guy is and links another article about why our current warming can't be attributed to the sun.

Link

edit on 24-9-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The point isn't that the sun plays a role in climate change. It's the additional CO2 ppm that leads to positive feedback loops.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Kali74

If you read the whole article, it's more about how wrong the guy is and links another article about why our current warming can't be attributed to the sun.

Link

And how does that fit in with NASA data that shows a positive correlation between increased solar activity and global warming. From the NASA study ...

Since the late 1970s, the amount of solar radiation the sun emits, during times of quiet sunspot activity, has increased by nearly .05 percent per decade, according to a NASA funded study.

"This trend is important because, if sustained over many decades, it could cause significant climate change,"

www.nasa.gov...

The link you gave me said "what you see is what you get". The actual data does not at all support that.

edit on 25-9-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Until the idiots in charge stop building nuclear reactors on faultlines, I think the whole global warming agenda is moot.

Can everyone agree that fukushima is THE environmental disaster of the last century?

Yet there are still many nuclear reactors on many faultlines around the world, especially in the USA.

Humanity is done - we are ruined. Nothing more to say.

And no amount of "global warming taxes" - which is what the "global warming agenda" idiots are all about - will fix this.

Funny, how the "global warming" will eventually end in "nuclear winter".

edit on 25-9-2013 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Depicting a picture of an orange is not showing anybody why it is the sun..

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Latest report from climate change states that 'scientists' cannot explain why Antarctic ice is at its most its ever been, possibly because the sun has melted the northern ice cap, so that extra water has to go somewhere, sea level has risen by 'about' 0.01 millimeter in the past 10 years, so all that northern water has turned into southern ice, where else can all that water have gone?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
CO2, strange how a firm in america makes and sells CO2 producing machines to green house business, green house plant growers know that more CO2 means bigger crops, more profit, more people fed, more good all round, as it is, CO2 is still less than one percent of the total atmosphere, why does so little cause so much uproar?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

Kali74

Link

And how does that fit in with NASA data that shows a positive correlation between increased solar activity and global warming. From the NASA study ...

Since the late 1970s, the amount of solar radiation the sun emits, during times of quiet sunspot activity, has increased by nearly .05 percent per decade, according to a NASA funded study.

"This trend is important because, if sustained over many decades, it could cause significant climate change,"

www.nasa.gov...

The link you gave me said "what you see is what you get". The actual data does not at all support that.

edit on 25-9-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

From the NASA link you provided:

Although the inferred increase of solar irradiance in 24 years, about 0.1 percent, is not enough to cause notable climate change, the trend would be important if maintained for a century or more. Satellite observations of total solar irradiance have obtained a long enough record (over 24 years) to begin looking for this effect.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join