It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arachnid experts...I NEED HELP!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by winofiend

I agree with you, they will now infest your house and make millions of baby spiders.
I poured salt on a slug as a kid and to this day slugs haunt my dreams and make sure I step on them with no shoes or socks on.

Noooo!!!! Man, slugs are cool!

I had a bathroom full of the little buggers. They'd come out at night and party in the sink. I tell no lie, I'd go for a twinkle and they'd all stretch upwards as if to either say "Hey there Wino!" or "HOOMAN, LETS ALL EVENTUALLY KILL IT!" and slowly reach out with theur suckers of doom, antennas twitching in my general direction... it was mad.

I used to let them eat the tip of my finger. It tickles.. I say tickles.. I couldnt tell if it tickled or was about to actually really hurt. I've never investigated the inside of a slugs gob, they mayhave razor sharp things in there...

Alas they seem to have vanished since I used an actual bleachy thing to wash the sink.

Snails on the other hand... those little bastards encased in their own crunchy abode that eat my plants and .. even tried to eat my cactus. They had victory with my plants, but seem to have left the cactus alone. I have no mercy for them. I should have a beautiful tall thick trichocereus peruvianus and instead I have a gnarled wobbly prickly stick, with a little pup on it's bum.

Hmm, but I do thank you for passing the mental imagery of stepping of the slimy little sods without shoes and socks. I did that to a cockroach once by accident. The feeling of it popping under my foot, and .. like a massive pimple, it squirted and I felt the goo spurt out between my toes.

Yes, that remains something that festers in my gulliver.. and the worst thing, it didn't die but made a hasty escape to a corner where I'm sure it pondered the meaning of existence from the point of view that now it's entire insides were outside and it was not actually dead.

that comes a close second to a time when I was opening a gate at a timber yard in the winter and it had been raining persistently, and little frogs had infested everything... take a step, feel the roll. look down, see a contorted little green ball with legs jutting out attempting to hop, most likely wondering why that leg was here and the other one back there.. and unable to actually perform said hop.. Oo poor bugger.

Ahhh thanks BM.. I tried to infect the OP with a dire scenario and instead now have a range of crap in my own head that serves me no good use... hahaha.. that'll learn me !!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Neopan100
reply to post by winofiend

Great--listen, I didn't have a 'for rent' or 'roommate wanted' sign hanging out..hell, I haven't even put up Halloween decs yet..so, she can bugger off..I will find her..I will wait and she will be torched again...bwahhahahahhaha

no seriously, I want them gone
I won't go out of my way to harm spiders...but this thing was on MY front door.

I find anything that kills spiders, only makes them angry and moves them from where I know they are, to where I don't know they are. Which makes the entire situation worse.

I tried to catch a spider the size of a childs hand once. All I ended up doing was wetting myself, breaking off 4 or 5 of it's legs and realising that even with 2 or 3 legs, that bastard can run like the wind.

And once they get away, that is it. ripping up carpet, pulling cushions out, destroing furniture. And then trying to identify it, is it deadly, is it harmless, crap I'm in australia it's all deadly.. so down with the boot. And that doesn't work, it migrates once more.

Nah, I let them be where they are these days. It's safer for my own sanity.

Oo

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

I have one of those. I didn't realise it has to be in direct line of the bugs. I wanted one for the crikets in the wall that drive me insane. Does nothing.

Makes a high pitched pop all the time, almost as annoying as the crickets.

I need a flame thrower and an absestos chair.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
House I lived in (in Nevada) was infested with black widows... some of them even made it to the second floor and built webs all over the windows upstairs. I didn't know they do things like that, as I was under the impression they only lived in the dark, yet my windows got plenty of light. I know they where black widows because I was curious enough to get very close and examine them.

I suppose if I had stayed there I would've taken action, but I feel bad about killing our little arachnid friends... even if they are deadly when they bight.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

HAHA sorry to laugh but a friend of mine posted that same pic to my FB the other day. I really hate spiders, to the point where I get a slight panic attack when I see one. I dont know why I have this fear of them but I do.

I had a black widow come down on it's web at my old apt. I almost fell off the ladder. I was hanging blinds and opening the window when it came down. I screamed so loud I almost had a heart attack. It was so tiny though, probably a baby which meant it had bigger parents somewhere.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Such power and dignity ...unhampered by sentiment. If I may put forward a Slice of personal philosophy, I feel that man has ruled This world as a stumbling demented child-king long Enough! And as his empire crumbles, my precious Black Widow shall rise as his most fitting successor! -Vincent Price(Alice Cooper's Black Widow Song)

The successor, more so, is not human but rather the daddy long-legs(to not confuse with crane flies,etc.), as some may conclude better alternative to pesticides and well, you don't want your cats eating the widow.
Not the most faint of heart because it involves another spider hanging about or spiders, the daddy long-legs. Often found in bathrooms or other damp areas and or corners of the home, invite them to stay. Or if none are present I'm sure the net or ask around locally, as someone you may know has them in their home. They will take care of your widow and for others, brown recluse or hobo spiders. Wouldn't worry to much about daddy long-legs as a danger to yourself or others, it's just a myth they will kill you, where as the Black Widow is in concern.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Finding the black widow outside is not the problem, problem is it's the ones that are hiding inside the house sitting on your pillow watching you sleep thinking about crawling in your mouth and become one of seven spiders that we swallow yearly.

p.s
Sweet Dreams
edit on 24-9-2013 by thesaneone because: to add

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Not an expert, but another phobic.

Winofiend is right. They seek revenge. I've stepped on spiders that have gotten up and ran away. Now I throw a big book on them, and then go and seek a bigger weapon.

I check my whole pillow and sheets before bed, the towels before using them, vacuum my shoes and slippers before wearing them

Spiders don't like freshly painted places, so I paint every year.

I've also heard they don't like peppermint, so I've planted it outside against the house, I'm hoping it takes over and circles the house.

Spray around the doors and windows with white vinegar. It seems to help. You need to re-spray a lot.

I'm north so I don't get the black widows anymore (parts of southern Canada get them)

Now I get those big ass spiders (orb weavers) that lurk over doorways and when they drop their asses are so big they drop like rocks.
~shudders~

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join