It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Guns out of Control: Shouldn't the World Intervene?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I think somebody's going to shoot you know who.I think there will be an attempt at martial law in the local area and that will be about it.

The pendulum will swing back,let's make sure centrists prevail as best we can. Far right is a nasty place to be too.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I don't care what side of the pond you are from..... you want my firearm, come get it!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

purplemer
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

The U.S. isn't broke and your entire reply is so misinformed. The richest corporations are American the U.S. has more wealthy individuals than the rest of the worlds wealth combined.

Total US debt nearly $60,000,000,000,000. To say you are not broke is nothing short of delusional.......

www.usdebtclock.org...

Peruse a screenshot from the us debt clock above and then explain to me how the us is not broke. The richest corporations are not American they are multinational companies. Maybe you should look up who owns the federal reserve. You may be enlightened..

A quick look at the top ten richest companies..2 have there headquarters in the usa. Three in China. Two in London rest can be seen here..

en.wikipedia.org...

America has plenty of natural resources we have all the tech innovation and real wealth.

Who is stockpiling the gold bud.. Its not the USA. The dollar is falling like a pack of cards. You are welcome to sit there and think otherwise...
edit on 26-9-2013 by purplemer because: fun..

How did you arrive at your figures care to explain?

From YOUR wiki link that lists companies with 60 companies with revenue over 100billion USD
3,385,000,000,000 America
7,401,000,000,000 Rest of the world combined!

Wow look what two minutes of simple addition accomplished.

What you don't see from this list is that America is #1 with 132 fortune 500 companies followed by china with 89 then japan with 62 and France with 31.

America has 43 more fortune 500 companies than second ranked China which amounts to 12 more than France ranked at #4 which means were so far ahead we could be ranked #1 and #4 splitting the difference.
Try again. Thanks for playing.
edit on 26-9-2013 by SasquatchHunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I have posted this elsewhere and I will continue to post it in these threads.

Those who want disarmament generally are unwilling to do for themselves. They want the government to mandate for their ideals, self responsibility be damned. 'Save my precious 1st Amendment but your 2nd Amendment needs.....tweaking'.

After all the guns are gone, once they realize badies are still out there, they will still continue expecting help from Uncle Sam. Some may realize then their personal safety was never an intent of the disarmament. Most won't get it. What will be the next 'common sense approach' the latter advocate for? The silence from above on that request will be deafening.

I am deeply concerned about a vocal percentage of Americans who want the same people who brought you the current flawed system to implement even more useless draconian ineffectiveness.

Do you honestly believe that would turn out well? Or are you of the mind that obviously the new system will be flawless because of who wants it? The same folks in DC you are petitioning to make the world a better place/save the children/stop the slaughter/ad nauseum are the same folks bringing you the NSA spying bonanza, drones flying over your city, bailed out banksters while millions are unemployed, childhood poverty rates which are shameful, an education system producing illiterate graduates, Congressmen who exempt themselves from the laws they subject you to, and absent 'representation' unless you are a wealthy multi-national corporation buttering their bread.

You like that stuff? You want more? Go ahead. Make gun "control" happen. You are blind.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Nice how you conveniently forget to equate the $60,000,000,000,000.
Now those big companies you talk of... most of that money flowing through those private companies belongs to a small elite group of people. Do you think it is sitting in uncle sam treasury or do you think it is stored in off shore bank accounts. Do you think the individuals that own them are going to put there hands in there deep pockets when the # hits. If you do you live in cloud cuckoo land.
You country has just been robbed to a state of bankruptcy and all you care about is your ability to carry a gun. Wake up and stop drinking the lithium laced water....

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

purplemer

Nice how you conveniently forget to equate the $60,000,000,000,000.

I've already asked you once how you arrived at this figure.

Now those big companies you talk of...

The companies are from the link YOU provided. I also showed exactly how I arrived at the figures YOUR link provides.

most of that money flowing through those private companies belongs to a small elite group of people.

Wrong again. America has the most millionaires and billionaires in the world and the most fortune 500 companies.

Do you think it is sitting in uncle sam treasury or do you think it is stored in off shore bank accounts. Do you think the individuals that own them are going to put there hands in there deep pockets when the # hits. If you do you live in cloud cuckoo land.

All this statement says is there's a lot of nations that profit off Americans by providing tax havens again this is not something in our control or our fault.

You country has just been robbed to a state of bankruptcy and all you care about is your ability to carry a gun. Wake up and stop drinking the lithium laced water....

What bankruptcy please explain. No one is coming for any guns. The military will always support the people over any government. We dont have religious extremist and radicals dominating any part of our military government or nation. The scenario is laughable. No Army in the world could wage a ground war against American civilians not even Americas military which isn't going to happen.
edit on 26-9-2013 by SasquatchHunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Yes. Yes. We'd all be helpless against their oh, so overwhelming firepower...

Waco? What makes you think a group of insurrectionists would be sitting in a house waiting for them?

Does Afghanistan ring any bells? The British tried...failed. The Soviets tried...failed. The US and allies are trying...failing. Guerrilla warfare isn't about sitting in a house on a plain waiting for tanks to crash through the wall...

The Spanish made the Iberian peninsula a nightmare for Napoleon.

Do you honestly believe that a group of guerrillas would be so stupid as to pull a Waco? Many of them would be combat veterans of several different wars: Korea. Vietnam. Iraq. Afghanistan. ...and other places. Think maybe they might know their business? ...and that some of us might be smart enough to listen to 'em? I certainly am.

...and no, I'm not calling for revolution or guerrilla war. I'm disagreeing with you surmise that it would oh, so easily done. History says otherwise. Our own says otherwise.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

All this statement says is there's a lot of nations that profit off Americans by providing tax havens again this is not something in our control or our fault.

I do not think it is your fault or the fault of the people. It is the fault of US management and greed. It is not your money nor can the government take it to bail out the USA

I've already asked you once how you arrived at this figure.

and if you have clicked my link you would have known. It is the total debt of the USA. It is calculated on the debt clock and is the big figure right in the middle.

What bankruptcy please explain.

The US has a debt that in accordane with economics has reached a point that can never be paid back.

No Army in the world could wage a ground war against American civilians not even Americas military

We dont have religious extremist and radicals dominating any part of our military government or nation

Yes you do. The US is a radical county. In which money is put before the welfare of people and the planet. Would you not call two illegal wars and about 1.5 million peeps dead mostly civilians a little extreme. Or is that normal to you....

No Army in the world could wage a ground war against American civilians not even Americas military

Your first mistake here is thinking you are untouchable. Never under estimate an enemy. Why would a militarty just wage a ground war on you. Do you not think they would have support in the way of tanks, planes and helicopters.
Infact a military would not need to do much. Apart from create a little chaos and step back. You would be killing each other. Look at Katrina.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

...and no, I'm not calling for revolution or guerrilla war. I'm disagreeing with you surmise that it would oh, so easily done

but it could be done. Depending on who was trying to do it, what rules the where playing by and what they wanted to achieve. Never underestimate an enemy.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

the unorganized wil be chaotic, yet the disciplined after putting their hand in a pile of goo that was once their best friends face will know what to do. those who remain in the shadows, feeding off the supplies of the enemy will weaken the military.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

There's nothing our government can do about shady tax havens nations.

That total debt figure is comprised mainly of secured debt. There's a lot of Americans, and lots of Americans own cars homes, properties and business, so what?

Why do these nations keep buying American Treasuries if were soooo doomed?

The rest of your claims are your opinion that don't have any facts for you to back them up with.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
the you-es owns and controls the un. They tell the un what to do

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

hy do these nations keep buying American Treasuries if were soooo doomed?

I do not think you are doomed. I think what we are seeing is a shift in power and wealth. The US will reinvent itself it will just take a while for her to find her new identity and place in the world.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Typical liberal, ignorant response. Go straight to being un-informed, rude and name calling. Well played!

I don't spend my time on a couch, so get that thought out of your mind.

I know it's tough for people like you to understand, but I will fight for my belongings. I've worked far to hard for what I own.

I don't care if it's my guns, cars, boats, dirt bikes or anything else. No one is taking a damned thing from me without a fight where someone ends up dead. Understand?

As for the lack of protest thing, I have never, nor will I ever go to any protests. I have a family that I have to provide for, so I'm busy with that.

Stick your fantasy of someone taking my hard earned posessions up your sorry butt.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

Name calling and aggressive rejection should be avoided.
If you have a point tell them what,why and above all how,lead by example.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Got ya. It's okay for Purplemer to be to be rude and call me names, but I can't return the favor.

BTW, the "sorry butt" comment was what he/she said about me. I thought it was funny to return the volley using their words.... Guess ya don't get redneck humor.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I was Cav ,rude crude and socially unacceptable and I have done it too(A lot,slam the military America and I get there) But it is something we must control in order to communicate to them.
I'm weird but I do get it.

Remember:"Protect the innocent .convince the undecided and kill the rest".
Not just pretty words.

We are at the convincing portion here Purp is essentially innocent, if misguided, to us.
edit on 27-9-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Sorry I came across as rude. I will try and be more controlled with my words..

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

LOL. How funny is that? "Disarm" us....That would be the day. The rest of the world couldn't disarm the Boy Scouts. Mind your own business, World.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I love these "foreigners" stinking their nose in our business. Who the heck do they think they are, us?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join