It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz Filibuster Obamcare has started!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Pinkorchid
reply to post by freedom12

Its all "Green Eggs and Ham" apparently .

US Senator reads Dr Seuss during filibuster

A US Senator has read a bedtime story to his young daughters at home during a televised filibuster speech that lasted more than 13 hours.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

Perhaps Dr Seuss's really does have the inside curve on Obamacare.
edit on 25-9-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

Does anyone else see the irony of reading a story about one who completely opposes green eggs and ham, but in the end decides to try them out and ends up loving them, while filibustering about an Act he is opposed to, but has not experienced in reality yet?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Agreed, as I said on the last page..."I do not like Obamacare, I do not like it anywhere... l
"

lol!

just silly sideshow stuff.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

Hmm, seems to be some disagreement on that issue.
watchdog.org...

I wouldn't want to be ignorant, heaven forbid

Bennett and Beach: The Hypocrisy Of Congress's Gold-Plated Health Care

The Nebraska Republican has released an online video in which he lambastes Democrats and Republicans for working behind the scenes to exempt themselves and their staffs from “the most costly, punishing” aspects of President Obama’s landmark national health care law. Last month the White House agreed to allow members of Congress and their staffs to continue getting three-fourths of their premiums covered by the feds. Sasse calls this rewriting of the law unconstitutional.

online.wsj.com...

September 23, 2013,

All this began when Congress passed the Affordable Care Act in 2010. It compelled Congress and its staff to participate in ObamaCare and its insurance exchanges like other Americans who don't have employer-provided plans. But in their haste and confusion over legislation so long that few even read it all, some members of Congress voted for the law without realizing that the final bill had no mention of the very generous premium contributions the government makes to federal employees as part of the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program.

Imagine the horror when these elected officials, who make $174,000 a year, realized that not only must they and their staffers be subject to inferior-quality health exchanges like the millions of ordinary Americans, but they might also have to shell out thousands of dollars for increased premiums if they exceed the subsidy income cutoff.

The White House, under heat from Congress, directed the Office of Personnel Management to carve out special rules so that the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program can continue to contribute to the health plans used by Congress and congressional staff.

Rep. Ron DeSantis, a Republican from Florida, recently put forward legislation—aptly named the James Madison Congressional Accountability Act—which would end the special exemption. In the Senate, Republicans David Vitter of Louisiana and Mike Enzi of Wyoming have also introduced legislation to end the exemption.

In response, several Democratic senators have reacted by drafting legislation that would punish anyone who votes for Sen. Vitter's plan by permanently blocking an exemption from them and their staff, even if Mr. Vitter's law doesn't pass. It doesn't get more vindictive and petty than that.

edit on 123030p://bWednesday2013 by stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
James Madison Congressional Accountability Act
desantis.house.gov...

Rep. Ron DeSantis (FL-06) announced today that he will introduce the James Madison Congressional Accountability Act in response to the Office of Personnel Management’s ruling that members of Congress and their staffs will receive a special taxpayer-financed subsidy not available to other Americans using health care exchanges. This legislation will prohibit members of Congress and congressional staff from receiving any government contributions with respect to an exchange-based health care plan that is not available to the American people.

cotton.house.gov...

www.govtrack.us...
edit on 123030p://bWednesday2013 by stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

usernameconspiracy

Pinkorchid

A US Senator has read a bedtime story to his young daughters at home during a televised filibuster speech that lasted more than 13 hours.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

Does anyone else see the irony of reading a story about one who completely opposes green eggs and ham, but in the end decides to try them out and ends up loving them, while filibustering about an Act he is opposed to, but has not experienced in reality yet?

Not really at all, considering they are exempt from it.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by stormdancer777

No, it really isn't up for debate. No matter how many Republican candidates say that this was an "exemption"...it simply is not.

Politifact gives it a big ol' Pants on Fire.

www.politifact.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This blow-hard wind bag is doing NOTHING but self promoting. All his talk does nothing to change anything. Obamacare is NOT going anywhere. Get the heck over it people. But, maybe a 44th repeal vote will make the difference. This guy's going the way of Palin and Bachmann straight to irrelevance. God speed.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
OK whatever

www.nationalreview.com...

Democratic and Republican staffers alike were furious, warning that Congress faced a “brain drain” if the provision stuck. Under behind-the-scenes pressure from members of Congress in both parties, President Obama used the quiet of the August recess to personally order the Office of Personnel Management, which supervises federal employment issues, to interpret the law so as to retain the generous congressional benefits.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Lysergic

usernameconspiracy

Pinkorchid

news.ninemsn.com.au...

Not really at all, considering they are exempt from it.

OMG, THEY ARE NOT EXEMPT FROM IT.

You guys can't be this ignorant of the FACTS...can you?

www.politifact.com...

This is what is meant when people talk about the echo chamber. A lie is started, quickly disproved...but the lie echos around like the disproval never happened.

You guys are CHOOSING to live in this echo chamber and remain ignorant...it's a choice...please re-evaluate your choices and better yourselves.
edit on 25-9-2013 by AlienScience because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

WWJFKD
reply to post by kosmicjack

Since we have a moderator present maybe you could deal with the post referring to Senator Cruz as an A#$Hole by muse 7.

Thank you

Did he offend you personally with that?

Cruz is a butthead (is that better for you), and I don't know why you think we can't state our opinion of him. He is a dishonest, lying, self centered, dung orifice.

There, no "obscenities"...still means the same thing.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

freedom12

Can you explain this "health care exchange" I'm being offered at work?

My HR person that sent it out to me can't and she has to bring an "expert" in to do so, for at least one week because of the amount of employees(225-240) that need this explained.

This is another "cost" the company I work for has to pick up as I stated earlier in this thread.

BTW, my cost is going up. How much I can't tell yet because this "exchange" offers waivers.

I guess I might find out when this "expert" comes in to explain it next month.

I wonder if Nancy Pelosi can come explain it to us, if she's read it?

If you spent the time to actually research the law instead of spending all of your time researching reasons to hate it, you might have a better grasp on it.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Hey politifact has spoken - the debate is over

voices.yahoo.com...
subloviate.blogspot.com...
www.mediaite.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

stormdancer777
OK whatever

www.nationalreview.com...

Democratic and Republican staffers alike were furious, warning that Congress faced a “brain drain” if the provision stuck. Under behind-the-scenes pressure from members of Congress in both parties, President Obama used the quiet of the August recess to personally order the Office of Personnel Management, which supervises federal employment issues, to interpret the law so as to retain the generous congressional benefits.

Yes, they retain the contribution they have always received as part of their employment agreement.

They now have to take that contribution and go buy insurance off the exchanges instead of getting the federal insurance offered through that benefit program.

Any employer out there is free to do the same thing, they can opt to not provide insurance and then give their employers the same contribution as a bonus to help them go buy insurance. I doubt any company is going to do that, but that isn't the issue.

They are not "exempt", even if they still kept their regular insurance...they wouldn't be "exempt". To be "exempt" would mean that they would be allowed to not have any insurance AND not pay the fine. That isn't what is happening.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

AlienScience

WWJFKD
reply to post by kosmicjack

Since we have a moderator present maybe you could deal with the post referring to Senator Cruz as an A#$Hole by muse 7.

Thank you

Did he offend you personally with that?

Cruz is a butthead (is that better for you), and I don't know why you think we can't state our opinion of him. He is a dishonest, lying, self centered, dung orifice.

There, no "obscenities"...still means the same thing.

You can say, think, dream up whatever you like but you must do it within the parameters of T & C - Familiar with them?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

1 I stand corrected
2 Get off the horse already
3 Relax, I am.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

WWJFKD

Hey politifact has spoken - the debate is over

voices.yahoo.com...
subloviate.blogspot.com...
www.mediaite.com...

That's right, attack the source and not the content.

That way, you can continue to deny facts and remain ignorant and still feel like you being honest with yourself.

If you want to actually counter what politifact says about this "congressional exemption", why not pick apart their article and prove them wrong???

I know you won't even try to do that, because you can't, that is why you are choosing to attack the source instead. It is intellectually dishonest, but that usually doesn't matter to ideologues.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Because I would have to read what is it 22,000 pages of regulation or 22,000 regulation and I, like my servant Govt DON"T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT MESS.
edit on 25-9-2013 by WWJFKD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

WWJFKD

Because I would have to read what is it 22,000 pages of regulation or 22,000 regulation and I like my servant Govt DON"T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT MESS.

So you are freely admitting that you have no idea what is in the bill...but you are against it?

Or are you just relying on others to think for you and make your decisions for you?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

If you don't want to read it (who does) you should at least get your facts from a source that isn't an Aca hate source.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join