It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz Filibuster Obamcare has started!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

gr1ill3d
Wow, this guy makes a lot of sense. I haven't been a fan of ted cruz, but tonight it seems he is speaking from the heart. Then again, he is a politician, and after this last election I am hard pressed to trust any one of them.

Understandable, and I admire him for saying he doesn't trust Democrats or Republicans.

Cruz away!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I have to say I respect this move immensely!! 19 hours and still going, no bathroom breaks, no lunch breaks, just standing there (alone at this point) and "filibustering" his heart out! I'm not surprised at all that his own party is turning on him, the Republicans want Obamacare stripped, well then back Cruz up! He may be running waaay off topic with the reciting of Green Eggs & Ham, but come on... at least he's actually doing something!

They just said he will have to be done by 1 so they can get the vote underway. If he makes it till 1, which I think he will, then he is a my new hero and has earned our tax dollars in my eyes.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Good for Ted Cruz. I only hope some of the Democratic senators will wake up to how the American people feel about (in the words of its author) the "trainwreck of Obamacare".

My husband works for a "mega"church as the 5th pastor, on the bottom. They had their mandatory obamacare meeting last week. Seems the church can't afford the rise in premiums, so instead of paying 80% of the employees cost they will have to reduce the percentage the church pays and the cost of the plan is going up dramatically. The employees will all getting a 2% raise but the amount they will have to pay for health insurance will be far more than 2%. Also, employed spouses will no longer be covered and have to get coverage from their own employer.

Effectively dramatically lowering the families income.

According to the news (Drudge etc) Obamacare is about to kick 500,000 kids off health care because parents will make too much to get free care and too little to afford to get insurance with the cost doubling or more up to $15,000 for some families per year.

What average american family can afford $15K per year, how about the families who live on $30K per year, which is a lot, they won't be able to afford it either.

Obamacare is the final destroyer of the American Dream

Obamacare will officially kill the middle class

Obamacare will officially make voting slaves of the poor

Obamacare will KILL AMERICA as we know it

Will Obama step up and admit it needs "fixing" h-l- no he won't

Obama will just say "the buck stops there!"

OBAMA IS "THE BUCK STOPS THERE PRESIDENT"

He will find a way to blame Republicans or anyone else but himself.

The egotist he is will never allow him to admit problems he will just finger point and blame others, heck he'll probably find a way to blame it on Bush.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

MOMof3
reply to post by WWJFKD

I don't care. I hope the old system dies a painful death. We paid our insurance premiums for 32 years through employer. Then my husband got an acute onset of a disease at 55, just before retirement. Because he could not work for 6 months, they kicked us off. That would have been ok, except now we had pre-existing conditions and trying to find coverage from the FEW choices offered. I am angry and I would be glad to see single payer and get greedy private companies out of my health.

This same crap has happened to my Grandmother (who got diagnosed with Lung Cancer.. a nonsmoker, mind you) and my Father after some surgery.

Our system is currently broken. They called my dad's injury at work a preexisting condition. He is STILL fighting that one.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

OptimusCrime
reply to post by eLPresidente

I think he may be delirious at this point.

it would be awesome if he became so delusional he gave away a bunch of government secrets.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

grandmakdw

According to the news (Drudge etc) Obamacare is about to kick 500,000 kids off health care because parents will make too much to get free care and too little to afford to get insurance with the cost doubling or more up to $15,000 for some families per year.

Obamacare is the final destroyer of the American Dream
Obamacare will officially kill the middle class
Obamacare will officially make voting slaves of the poor
Obamacare will KILL AMERICA as we know it
Will Obama step up and admit it needs "fixing" h-l- no he won't
Obama will just say "the buck stops there!"
OBAMA IS "THE BUCK STOPS THERE PRESIDENT"

You sound crazy to be honest. I am not a huge fan of our president, but you are extreme... like tinfoil hat extreme.

Plus... citing Drudge as a reasonable opinionated source is ridiculous especially when Left and Right wing economists have told everyone exactly where this bill is heading. I tend to trust economists over political bickery. Why? Because it's all facts and numbers.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I think it is admirable how most certainly he and his supportive colleagues would like to see "Affordable Care Act" go away all together but if nothing else lets us all answer to the same standards that are being imposed on our constituents. And then questioning why if its truly the best thing since sliced bread as it has been presented to the American people then why is it not good enough for us, why is it not good enough for its authors, why is it not good enough for its enforcers. They know what the answer is to that rhetorical question - Because its not good.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

Plus... citing Drudge as a reasonable opinionated source is ridiculous

That statement is baseless, bias and completely wrong. Drudge gets over 12 million unique hits per month, more people view drudge than CNN, MSNBC and WSJ combined.

Besides that, outside of the occasional breaking story from Drudge himself, the site acts as a news aggregate or ticker and many sources for the reports on Drudge are directly from major news outlets. In essence, the site is as "reasonable" a source as you make it.

Choose the story you are interested in and choose if you would like to believe the source it comes from because 99% of the time it's not Drudge reporting it, they are just linking to it.

(post by muse7 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Helious
reply to post by mudbeed

Plus... citing Drudge as a reasonable opinionated source is ridiculous

That statement is baseless, bias and completely wrong. Drudge gets over 12 million unique hits per month, more people view drudge than CNN, MSNBC and WSJ combined.

Nothing personal, but this form of logical fallacy, where viewers=credibility is what feeds the cancer destroying our News Media.

Facts are not determined by viewership numbers, the truth is not validated through a popularity contest.

Entertainment media = affirming viewers worldview...people like to feel good.

Facts are independent of how people "feel".

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

"Fun fact: Senator Cruz pre-negotiated the terms of his #fakefilibuster with Senator Reid yesterday. Not exactly a Mr. Smith moment,"

thehill.com...

Sure, it's a fake filibuster. Cruz negotiated the terms of his long talk with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, and appeared to have carefully crafted exchanges with friendly lawmakers popping up to give him a respite from speaking. Cruz will have to stop at noon.

www.pbs.org...

IT IS A SHOW...Cruz negotiated for a free 2016 Presidential Commercial and glitzy right-wing attention...WHAT DID HE TRADE? He agreed to give the Senate and House enough time to pass a CR that DIDNT defund Obamacare and thus he will stop his FAKE filibuster today at noon.

Geez folks..

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Ted is reading tweets that are coming in now.

AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!!!

If you don't understand why this is one stands out, it was a comment made by an excited woman talking to the press after her home caught on fire that went viral and was remixed.

Sweet Brown - Original

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

MOMof3
reply to post by WWJFKD

I don't care. I hope the old system dies a painful death. We paid our insurance premiums for 32 years through employer. Then my husband got an acute onset of a disease at 55, just before retirement. Because he could not work for 6 months, they kicked us off. That would have been ok, except now we had pre-existing conditions and trying to find coverage from the FEW choices offered. I am angry and I would be glad to see single payer and get greedy private companies out of my health.

The grass may look greener on the other side until you actually stand on it.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Nothing personal, but this form of logical fallacy, where viewers=credibility is what feeds the cancer destroying our News Media.

Facts are not determined by viewership numbers, the truth is not validated through a popularity contest.

Entertainment media = affirming viewers worldview...people like to feel good.

Facts are independent of how people "feel".

It's odd how you chose to ignore the rest of my post. The very logical argument I made went further than just the viewership Drudge has, it is based on the fact that the site is essentially nothing more than a world news ticker and the articles found on Drudge come from an extremely wide range of sources, many of which are considered to be highly reputable.

This means that Drudge is no more or less credible than you make it to be by your choices of selecting which sources you choose to believe or believe to be credible.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

muse7

This is officially not a filibuster, it's just an asshole that won't sit down or shut up.

Did you actually just call him an A$%HOLE? I think that's a first for me on ATS. They say you live long enough you'll eventually see everything.

Senators Cruz's "Opposing colleagues" have more class than to insult him - You bring no honor nor any validity to your argument by namecalling.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

If he wanted to make a point he would be reading the actual H.R. 3962 not green eggs and ham*.

*In his defense he might have chosen be reading material that his audience is capable of understanding.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Keep up the good fight Ted.

How can anybody support something that needs to be passed before read?

How can anybody support this when it isn't fully implemented and people are getting their work hours cut or laying off people?

So how is this a good thing?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Indigo5
reply to post by Indigo5

"Fun fact: Senator Cruz pre-negotiated the terms of his #fakefilibuster with Senator Reid yesterday. Not exactly a Mr. Smith moment,"

thehill.com...

Sure, it's a fake filibuster. Cruz negotiated the terms of his long talk with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, and appeared to have carefully crafted exchanges with friendly lawmakers popping up to give him a respite from speaking. Cruz will have to stop at noon.

www.pbs.org...

IT IS A SHOW...Cruz negotiated for a free 2016 Presidential Commercial and glitzy right-wing attention...WHAT DID HE TRADE? He agreed to give the Senate and House enough time to pass a CR that DIDNT defund Obamacare and thus he will stop his FAKE filibuster today at noon.

Geez folks..

Cruz knows his best shot at stopping Obamacrap was taking it to the people. I don't deny what you say. You can't deny that he is one politican who isn't sitting on a$$. I have been watching Cruz since he campaigned and checking him out. IMHO I am glad the rest of America is having a chance to see and hear the man.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

He is trying to stay awake, if he read the health care out loud I think everybody would have blood oozing out their ears from the confusion.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

MystikMushroom
You guys realize that Obama will just use his veto power even if the Senate votes to defund Obamacare, right? This is nothing more than a dog and pony show to make the Republican/conservative people feel better. This filibuster is also a political ploy to keep constituents voting for them in the next election season.

Better to make obama look like a tyrant than all of capital hill. In other words he will have to expose his bad will if he wishes to push it through. Most of the time(if not always) politicians cower under pressure.

It got rammed through, and it's not going anywhere until it completely collapses under it's own weight. Sorry guys.

Anything that gets rammed through is always highly suspicious! If you have to rush something in the middle of the dark, it means you lack substance and have other surreptitious goals in mind. Kind of like a robber breaking and entering a home when no one is looking.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join