It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz Filibuster Obamcare has started!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

JRockABM
I'm gonna assume most of you complaining about the "Affordable Care Act" which is it's real name, not "Obamacare" , are super wealthy CEO's or come from rich families.

Because if you turn off your cable news, and stop listening to the idiot next to you, and do some actual RESEARCH, you'll find that this will actually help MOST OF US.

Not free hand-outs, not lower quality care, just MORE AFFORDABLE CARE.

It's easy to get the info, and sign up for it...whaddaya know, the FED's finally made a system EASY TO NAVIGATE! Easier than the DMV.

This website is easier than a 3rd grade textbook to understand. Have at it.

www.healthcare.gov...

I'm going to live out of the country next year. Not sure when I'll be coming back but I'll be leaving for a while to take care of some important things. Unfortunately I will still have to pay Obamacare while I'm there even though healthcare over there without insurance is ridiculously affordable. Hospital visits range from free to a few dollars and medicine doesn't require prescription and it's dirt cheap, like if you break your leg and have to stay in the hospital for 3-days, you're looking at only a hundred bucks for the xray, the few checkups you have to do and all the medication you'll need until you recover plus the removal of the cast. But, I'll be forced to pay how many thousands since I won't have health insurance in the US? That's ridiculous....

Not to mention when I do work in the states again, I'll have to pay a much higher premium than before. My current insurance rate is $50/mo. for health, dental, and vision. It covers just about everything except cosmetics. I never had to pay a dime except for my monthly premiums. Do you know how much that will change in 2014? $270/mo. I'm not joking, the plan I have with the company I work for has had $50 insurance for as long as they can remember. Then Obamacare comes along and screws us all over. I'll have you know I'm dropping my health insurance because of Obamacare and I won't get Obamacare because they are only taxing people right now, not giving them terrible health plans.

I come from a country where socialized healthcare exists. Guess what? You hurt your self and you either have to wait for the lottery to get your name picked and treated or if you're lucky you only have to wait about 8hrs at the ER. TONS of people take advantage of the system and go to the ER for a simple cough. They have "Free" healthcare, therefore they will abuse it. There's still private health coverage but you can't opt-out of socialized healthcare and just go with private. But even if you go with private, what good does it do? The hospitals are regulated by the government and you can't go to a private clinic because they don't exist. It just helps you cover medical costs if the government chooses not to pay for your treatment/ Obamacare is no different.

People are hurting NOW because of obamacare and it's not just because of insurance prices going up like crazy (not just for health but for vehicles, houses etc... since there's health liability coverage included). But there's also businesses big and small that will have no choice but to fire a bunch of their employees to pay the bills. Businesses are also being forced to pay into obamacare and if the limit is 40 employees before you have to pay into obamacare, how many businesses will make sure they only hire 39? How many businesses will forget about full-time positions and just hire contractors or outsource? How many businesses will move out of country?

There's a lot of businesses already doing this, and even more are threatening the bill. You say it's good for the people but realistically it only hurts EVERYONE. The only people that it won't hurt are the ones not working for a living, that's it. Right now there are various government programs that people can take part of already that covers medical coverage and other human needs if they make less than the poverty line. If they make more, then they can petition to get it through an interview because it's a case by case basis. Why? Because some people have huge medical burdens that they can't pay no matter what. But for most people, they can get up and work for their damn medical coverage. Even if it costs $1000/mo. and you can only work, pay cable TV, pay insurance and your rent for what's left after insurance cost (which at that price, why not just put that money in savings instead?) you are still doing what you need to do to live so it doesn't matter. People on any kind of benefit should only be receiving the bare necessities. They shouldn't be getting a free car, phone with internet, TV, or frozen dinners. They should be getting rice, and a roof even if it's beat up. Why? Because I have lived in the Philippines before, I've seen how 90% of the people live over there and most of them are thankful they have a crappy roof over their head no matter how awful it is. But in the US, everyone has to have the best of everything. NO. That's how you bankrupt a country and Obamacare is the final nail in its coffin.

I hope this helps clarify some things on why most of us are angry that Obamacare is being shoved down our throats, and not to mention it should be -our choice- whether or not we want insurance or not since this is a country founded on freedom and liberty for all.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

nenothtu

I don't give a damn what you have or want to have. My issue is with YOU forcing ME to have the same damned thing, when I don't want or need it.

I take care of my own health, no insurance required. If I had wanted a pill-pusher to get involved in it, I'd have gone to med school.

I'm not buying into this insurance ponzi scam, I'm not supporting corporate greed by buying ANY kind of insurance.

Then please purchase a large placard that you can wear around your neck at all times instructing emergency medical personnel not to assist or resuscitate you in any manner in case of an accident, stroke, heart attack etc..

The premise that you "take care of your own health" is inane. Do you have plans for treating yourself if you are struck by a car? Develop a rare form of cancer? Or your appendix explodes?

Health is not something that we have full control over and as far as I can tell, folks that refuse to purchase health insurance instead rely upon everyone else to pay for their unexpected disease or injury...when the hospital or tax-payer is stuck with the bill and the rest of our rates are raised to cover your arrogance.

In short...YOU become the one forcing everyone else to pay for your medical treatment. And don't tell me you plan on refusing all treatment...cuz I have seen folks suffer some pretty horrific injuries and diseases they never saw comming...and God knows your ATS persona and bravado will be worthless to you in those desperate moments.
edit on 27-9-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

EarthCitizen07
reply to post by Indigo5

So what? Billionares control the democrat party as well. At least Ted Cruz is on the correct side of the issues and has the nerve to do something about it.

Ted Cruz is not on the right side of any issue, aside form his own ambition.

For effs sake he worked for Cheney and Bush for 11 years.

You can't be this gullible?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
What a huge waste of time, and tax payer dollars this guy is.
Why am i not surprised he used quotes from duck dynasty.

what a #ing hypocrite.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Indigo5

EarthCitizen07
reply to post by Indigo5

So what? Billionares control the democrat party as well. At least Ted Cruz is on the correct side of the issues and has the nerve to do something about it.

Does obama have his own cheerleaders? Why is that the man can do nothing wrong according to you, and bush and friends could do nothing correct? Its this black and white # that makes people not even wanting to vote anymore.

You are not the only one. I see plenty of republican shills as well.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

EarthCitizen07

Indigo5

EarthCitizen07
reply to post by Indigo5

Does obama have his own cheerleaders? Why is that the man can do nothing wrong according to you, and bush and friends could do nothing correct? Its this black and white # that makes people not even wanting to vote anymore.

You are not the only one. I see plenty of republican shills as well.

Pres. Obama has done plenty wrong...and Pres. Bush did some things right. I address issues independently.

And I am not sure how you went from a discussion about Senator Cruz to Pres. Obama? President Obama's character, credibility, competence, or even his citizenship status has ZERO bearing on who and what Ted Cruz is.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Blahable

How was it a waste of time did all the channels have him on?

How was this tax payer waste? Does he get paid overtime?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Completely agree Indigo5. Not sure there has been a congress that has been more ensconced in partisanism than the one we currently have. If they would stop arguing and posturing completely for the sake of party politics we could actually get things done.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

thesaneone

He doesn't get paid overtime but the people that work there that isn't in the government does get paid overtime. So all the extra cost of keeping this open for his fake filibuster was on the tax payers dime.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

thesaneone

yep.....
I think our congress has bigger things to do then him making pop culture references, and talking randomly and what turn out to rather meaninglessly. WTF did he accomplish? Nothing...

Seriously...

But hey I have a problem with the house wasting time voting to repeal a bill 49 times in a effort that they know will fail.

I rather for ALL of them to stay home and not get paid anything if they aren't going to do #.
edit on 27-9-2013 by Blahable because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

buster2010
He doesn't get paid overtime but the people that work there that isn't in the government does get paid overtime. So all the extra cost of keeping this open for his fake filibuster was on the tax payers dime.

Yes, they got flat rate, no matter if they do # or not...

If you don't like something , just send it to them - exactly what Obama did with Syria issue...

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I am from the UK. I don't understand the argument why are people opposed to Obamacare?

Is it more expensive than previous health insurances paid?

Seems people have been very dissatisfied with Bush and now with Obama.
It seems Americans keep voting in the wrong people.

Put an end to that.
edit on 27-9-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

You called me gullible for supporting Ted Cruz's fillibuster.

I explained why ACA cant work. Reread my explanations if you need to.

Its a bailout for the insurance companies because at the rates they charge fewer and fewer people get insured. Its like paying $5 for a hotdog watching a football game, when you can buy a whole package for $3 at the supermarket.

People dont like getting ripped off! Maybe gullible people like you do though.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Riffrafter

freedom12

PS - Nothing will ever top Jimmy Stewart's performance in "Mr. Smith goes to Washington"...

What planet are YOU from that something that COULD happen in REALITY could never "top" something that happened in a GD movie???....Seriously people, my God you're nuts...

Kudos on the support for Cruz, but maybe take a stroll in the park once in a while homie - Reality, you know?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07
reply to post by Indigo5

You called me gullible for supporting Ted Cruz's fillibuster.

No...I called you gullible for thinking Ted Cruz actually cared about what he was talking about. He is the most blatant right-wing panderer, BSer I have seen, makes Bachmann look like a sane woman...and that is a hard crowd to stand out amongst.

EarthCitizen07
reply to post by Indigo5

At least Ted Cruz is on the correct side of the issues and has the nerve to do something about it.

He NEGOTIATED his "Speech"/Not Filibuster with Harry Reid to stop in time for the Senate to strip the bill of the defund clause.

He arranged his speech for maximum C-Span exposure.

If the far-right demanded he wear a thong and sing national anthem of the USSR, he would have happily done it for a shot at the Oval Office.

His own party was grossed out by his blatant, desperate pandering to the TP.

You are gullible if you confuse his speech with Principle or Courage rather than pandering ambition.

EarthCitizen07
I explained why ACA cant work. Reread my explanations if you need to.

Its a bailout for the insurance companies because at the rates they charge fewer and fewer people get insured. Its like paying $5 for a hotdog watching a football game, when you can buy a whole package for $3 at the supermarket.

People dont like getting ripped off! Maybe gullible people like you do though.

No offense...but if you think the Healthcare crisis is the same as hot-dogs at the ballpark, I don't know where to begin?

Maybe here...Not everyone needs a hot-dog? Or that a ballpark can be attended by choice or people can leave? As opposed to the USA? Or are you suggesting folks just leave the USA and go to the 90% of the developed world that provides national healthcare? Changed my mind...not sure where to begin with that analogy.
edit on 27-9-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
List of 26 GOP Senators that voted to strip the Defunding of PPACA from the bill.

Lamar Alexander
Kelly Ayotte
John Barrasso
Roy Blunt
John Boozman
Richard Burr
Saxby Chambliss
Jeffrey Chiesa
Dan Coats
Tom Coburn
Thad Cochran
Susan Collins
John Cornyn
Jeff Flake
Lindsey Graham
Orrin Hatch
John Hoeven
Johnny Isakson
Mike Johanns
Ron Johnson
Mark Kirk
John McCain
Mitch McConnell
Lisa Murkowski
John Thune
Roger Wicker

... Back to the House we go.
edit on 27-9-2013 by Kumo77 because: comment

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Not sure if you knew that the uninsured got treatment and state welfare covered them. It was illegal to reject someone that was uninsured. I am talking about those that could not afford medical coverage.

State welfare covered food stamps and medical treatment.

What exactly is this new bill going to to solve? All I see is more problems. Medical insurance is going through the roof for everyone. How much subsidy is going to be provided to the low income earners?

The bill is complicated. 20,000 pages long?

Just think a few months from now could have seen premiums go down substantially and government prevented that. I am convinced its a racket to keep prices jacked up and its definitely a bailout because too many people were uninsured and companies were losing money.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Not sure about your state, but in Michigan 1.4 million of uninsured people are eligible to sign up. Those people can't afford insurance and don't have medicaid/medicare. Michigan is fairly small state, compared to other states...

And yes, you are right that law prohibits hospitals from not providing care for people without insurance, but are you aware that you still get bills and people are unable to pay them...

It is not hard to get informed, if you like to do it, but here all I see is just people repeating something that they might hear, and are not willing to check for them self.

Add to number of uninformed also those following church who in Obama Care see devil as it requires them to provide morning after pills and other things that stand in way of their beliefs.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Indigo5

Then please purchase a large placard that you can wear around your neck at all times instructing emergency medical personnel not to assist or resuscitate you in any manner in case of an accident, stroke, heart attack etc..

No, but thanks for asking. My bracelet ought to be enough.

The premise that you "take care of your own health" is inane.

Not so. I've done it for over 30 years now, and it's working out beautifully.

Do you have plans for treating yourself if you are struck by a car?

Yes. But more importantly, I have plans not to be struck by cars. It's a matter of being aware of what's around you, and not doing stupid stuff.

Develop a rare form of cancer?

Yes. Not just the rare forms, but any form. if it fails, I'll die of course - same chance I'd be taking with a medic.

Or your appendix explodes?

Again, yes. That plan is a bit more drastic than one would expect, but it WILL work.

Health is not something that we have full control over

of course we do. If you don't have YOURS under control, I can't see how that is MY problem.

and as far as I can tell, folks that refuse to purchase health insurance instead rely upon everyone else to pay for their unexpected disease or injury...

Baloney. I opted out of the "health care" insurance ponzi scheme over 20 years ago, and I did so because I had not had occasion to use it for the past 10 years previous. it was like flushing money down the toilet or just setting it on fire in the street - a waste. I have not been to a doctor since, and will sue the ass off of anyone that tried to take me to one, as my bracelet clearly instructs, in no uncertain terms.

when the hospital or tax-payer is stuck with the bill and the rest of our rates are raised to cover your arrogance.

My ass. That's the standard straw man argument, but it doesn't wash with me. I've not been a burden on anyone's "health care" budget since I left the insurance scam, nor will I ever be again. Cry about it all you want, your tears are like water rolling off a duck's back, since they do not apply.

In short...YOU become the one forcing everyone else to pay for your medical treatment.

No. Not now, not before, not ever.

And don't tell me you plan on refusing all treatment...cuz I have seen folks suffer some pretty horrific injuries and diseases they never saw comming...and God knows your ATS persona and bravado will be worthless to you in those desperate moments.

I can't help what you refuse to believe. Ask someone who knows me in the real world. I don't plan on living forever anyhow, and anyone who does is an idiot riding for a certain fall. In point of fact, I HAVE refused treatment, and have steadily refused it for the last couple of decades, through everything that came in them. That included at times throwing my own stitches when I didn't pay close enough attention. It's genetic, I suppose. My dear old dad refused treatment for cancer, and that's the way he went out. I ain't no better nor any worse. I'll die when my time comes, same as everyone.

I am NOT, now or ever, going to a doctor or a hospital. People die in hospitals, you know.

edit on 2013/9/27 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberLegit

I don't watch TV and I certainly don't get my advice from shills working for the Koch brothers. I am sorry you had to sit through such a stupid post. Really my heart is breaking for you and you wonder why people don't believe a word you are saying. It takes a little bit of manners and whole lot of integrity to get people to listen to opposing viewpoints. Good luck with either one.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join