It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS -- All The Same

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Friends...

I'm a musician in Pennsylvania, and I was just recently considering how I wanted to move my marketing forward. I thought to do something a touch unique and market exclusively via YouTube, just to use that as my webpage for booking, audition, etc. Just seems like a nice, direct way to move forward. I was thinking about what to use, I've recorded extensively and created some videos to accompany said music, but I decided to just go with a little "audition" piece that I made recently, very raw, acoustic, no production or "studio magic", just me doing it. I wanted to share it with this wonderful community and hopefully get a bit of feedback, thoughts, suggestion, and hopefully some fans.

Peace all.
Lee Sager
aka: Bbobb

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

At the 1:50 mark or so, I can hear a loud, thumping 24" bass drum coming in to get them booty's shakin', along with some tasty slide guitar with a side of fuzz and some vocal harmonies to sweeten the hook... I'd say you're on to something!

Cool hammer/pull triplet you're doing on the main riff with the open A and the E3, it's very deceptive to the ear, but so simple.

In my opinion, this aint no "raw" Jack Johnson-type, Barnes & Noble/Starbuck's Open-Mic-Night acoustic piece - this is a LOUD break-a-bottle-over-my-own-head tune that needs to be played LOUD!

But hey, you know what they say about opinions...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I like it! I agree with Philth for the most part. Though I like it to sound pretty raw and not over-produced. Definitely some fuzz and distortion though. I like to hear some more! Keep on keepin' on.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

*Clapping*

I absolutely liked that. Do you perform anywhere, clubs? You've got a great sound, singing and playing.

S & F

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

Way to host your own thread BBob!

new topics

top topics

join