It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game Over. Zero tolerance has gone way too far

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SadistNocturne

Wait until they start handing out rewards to our children for reporting what goes one behind our closed doors.

Brand spanking new purple I phones for the children that video the most infractions.

Trip to Disney for the parents that gets the most jail time.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Soloprotocol
Just pull you kids out of school and teach them in the home...School is just a breading ground for all sorts of nasty bugs anyway.

Uhm, really?

Don't withdraw yourself from school yet!

Sorry, I could NOT resist pointing out the irony of advocating the removal of a child from school and the post!

Derek

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by schadenfreude

This is what happens when Moron Progressives breed.

The school has no authority over what happens outside of the school, yet these idiots not only do it this crap, but the people in the community allow it.

As for the nosy woman reported it? She needs to mind her own business.

I was browsing through this thread hoping someone was going to say that. [insert thumbs up here]

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

This is a repost from the same story; different ATS post.

I am not quite done examining this, but here is the relevant information I have found regarding the school and school district in question (remember the day when newspapers would dig up information; probably not as a lot of you are young).

Virigina Beach City Public Schools and their duly elected board have adopted the following language when it comes to "weapons". Virigina Beach City Public School

School Board of the City of Virginia Beach
Regulation 5-36.4

A. Students are prohibited from possessing, handling, using, or distributing any weapon on School Board property (including any school bus), on the way to or from school or while at any school sponsored or related activities.
~
D. For purposes of this regulation, the term "weapon" shall be defined as any instrument that (1) is used; (2) is capable of being used; (3) is designed to be used; or (4) appears to be capable of being used or designed to be used, in offensive or defensive combat, and shall include, but not be limited to, the following: (1) any firearm or pneumatic weapon; (2) any knife; (3) any object which is either designed or actually used to inflict bodily injury, or to place a person in fear of bodily injury; (4) any object which could reasonably be considered to be a weapon; (5) any object which, by its design or use, looks like a weapon (hereinafter referred to as a "look-alike weapon"); and (6) any object listed and/or defined in the Code of Virginia, §§ 18.2-308, 18.2-308.1 and 22.1-277.01, or in 18 U.S.C. § 921.
~
E. Each principal shall be responsible for determining whether an object constitutes a "weapon" as defined in Subsection D, including items (3) - (6) in Subsection D.

My guess is that the principal exerted their authority and deemed the "Air-soft gun" a weapon as defined under Section D above. Then then proceeded to also determine that the children were "on the way to...school".

No where have I found documentation that the School Board lays claims that bus-stops are "considered school property". That claim is ridiculous.

Post Script:
To the above, the closest thing I can see to lay claim that a bus-stop is "school property" is that the Code of Conduct extends to the following:

Students are subject to all conditions of the Code of Student Conduct while at the bus stop, going to and from the bus stop, or riding the bus...

That is the only way that the school board and the principal can stand on this suspension. They will have to prove that the kids were "going to and from the bus stop..." when such actions took place. If the parents can prove that their kids normally walk and/or receive other modes of transportation, I believe they could beat this.

---------------

All that said, it comes down to if the kids were waiting for the bus or were waiting for a different mode of transportation for the School Board to claim jurisdiction in the suspension in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

macman

This is what happens when Moron Progressives breed.

The school has no authority over what happens outside of the school, yet these idiots not only do it this crap, but the people in the community allow it.

As for the nosy woman reported it? She needs to mind her own business.

The school does have authority and it is approved of an elected school board. The only caveat is if the the school district can adequately provide evidence that the children were "going to...a bus stop".

To that part of the Code of Conduct, that can seem overboard and it is the responsibility of the area's population to make the changes if they so wish.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Viesczy

lmbo.

well clearly a graduate of public schooling, so there ya go.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Wow, this is beyond stupid. All because of one idiotic, neurotic mother:

The caller also knew the gun wasn't real and said so: "This is not a real one, but it makes people uncomfortable. I know that it makes me [uncomfortable], as a mom, to see a boy pointing a gun," she told the 911 dispatcher.

The airsoft guns are designed to be non-lethal. Plastic pellets are used, and not copper bb's.

Ironically, that 911 caller's son was playing with Khalid and Aidan in the Caraballo front yard on September 12 -- the incident that got the boys in trouble. There were six children playing in an airsoft gun war.

What a complete loser. Oh it makes people uncomfortable eh? Toy guns... Dear god. You are SOOOOOO pathetic. First you call 911 on your son's friend, oh wait, and on your own son!

Dear lord. You should feel sorry for your kid and what you're going to do to them.

Watch in a couple months we will see a news article about this same kid being a "victim" of "bullying". People wonder why kids are picked on? Because of loony, batty, nutty mothers like this who call police on their own kids and their friends.

And because she supposedly didn't give permission for the boy to play with the others, the school thinks they have power to do this. Uh, you didn't give your kid permission. He should be the one suspended. not the boy who had permission from his parents and older sister that was in charge, who was playing own their own lawn!

Look:

However, the Code also requires shooting with "permission of the owner." In this case, the parent is the owner, and she did not give her son, Khalid, permission to fire the gun. He disobeyed her.

"How dare he disobey me, but this is a home issue. It's not a school issue, and it won't happen again. He will never do this again," Solangel said while looking back at Khalid with a stern face.

"He knew we had the airsoft gun. He knew we were playing. He knew people were getting shot. We were shooting at the tree, but he still came, and even after he was shot, he still played," Aidan said, referring to the son of the 911 caller.

www.wavy.com...

I'm not sure if I have it 100% straight but it looks like the neighbour called the cops cause her son was playing airsoft and the son got suspended too? Is this right?

The mom screwed her own kid like that? What the hell...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I saw this earlier and it literally made me throw up my arms in disgust. If it's outside of school designated property, or "extended property" like school bus stops, the school has nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing to say.

What's next? Kids inside their HOMES playing a violent computer/console game gets expelled from school? :: rolls eyes ::

Come on people, it's about time we start showing schools, the government and anyone else with too far a reaching grasp that we have had ENOUGH.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

ever been to a PTA meeting? most parents haven't for whatever reason.

i'll bottom-line it for you, until there is a MASS EXODUS from public schools, nothing will happen.

And even then they'll just make it even harder (maybe even illegal) for homeschoolers.

there's already a stigma regarding those kids even if they do better scholastically. (and they do)

remember this?

they already own you! now they're after your kids.

if you won't stand up for yourselves, why shouldn't govt take them? (hearts & minds)

chilling aint it?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

You can see the handwriting on the wall. If parents don't stand together and stop this insanity it will be a lot worse than making home schooling illegal.

I am sorry it is too late to leave it too tomorrow. You have to put your foot down now. We are under attack and it's all down hill from here.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Neurotic is about right. What a sad, pathetic goddamn county we've become, the bulk of the population pearl-clutches over everything. I never had an airsoft gun when I was a kid in the 90's, but some of my friends did & we played cops & robbers, prison escape, war, etc (I wasn't much for dolls, girl toys were SO boring) I was shot with one in the foot at close range once. Left an impressive stinging welt & bruise, but that's all it did. It hurt, but it didn't break skin, or maim me in any manner. WTH, "fire arm"? My cassette walkman was more of a weapon than my friends' airsofts were.

What is wrong with playing the side of offense or defense these days, armed with toy weapons or not? People even freak out over kids playing knight sword fights or having ninja "fights" sans any weapons. This stuff was fine for older generations, and they, for the most part, turned out pretty level headed. The bubble-wrapped & teacup MEMEMEME generations are completely fricking unhinged now, everything is something to be fearful of with their kids. Good god, get off you ass & off the computer, people. Go outside & play cops & robbers with your kids. Believe me, they'll love your participation (mine love when I partake in their nerf gun wars) AND you might feel a little less empty inside & have that much less of a reason to micro-manage everyone else's free time.

edit on 9/25/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
O.I.C. It's wild how this works these days, isn't it? These kids were engaged in a perfectly legal and widely practiced hobby, on their own private property when purely by accident? Something from that perfectly legal activity carried across their property line and ..well, a school bus stop happened to be near. I'll leave alone how EVERY fat child in America today seems to be on busses..and you can't spit without landing within 100 yards of a school bus stop, anywhere in many modern cities....Heaven forbid a child ever walk anywhere beyond the trip to the bus itself. I disgress though....

Someone explain this..

Parents outraged to learn teen accused of child rape is at school

I was actually hunting for a different story someone else may recall about a teen allowed back to school because he had the "Right" to an education at the local school...he raped another teen in. No "Long term" suspension for violent rape ...and in the link above? A really attrocious rape that, 3 years older? Would have seen this punk in prison with 25-Life in most states today.

So...Kids playing with their Airsoft plastic pellet guns have no right to their education ...but rapists do? (you know the scary part? I hadn't found the story I was looking for....because so many others cluttered the search for the SAME thing happening!
)

What about the girl's right to an education? How is she supposed to learn with her brutal attacker walking the same halls she is? I swear we are so concerned with the rights of the perpetrators that we don't care about the rights of the victims. Then something like this comes along and convinces me further that homeschooling is looking better and better every day.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

The TPTB are progressive filth and want kids to fear everything and that includes guns. So when they grow up they will be weak of heart and mind. It is called indoctrination. Cults use it all the time and being progressive is a cult.

Look around you can see it everywhere today.......education,entertainment,sports,government. If you let the progressive mindset into your house it will lead to fear and apathy. Mark my words and look at the children of parents who are progressive and tell me what you see. It is a sickness of the mind that can only be cured with knowledge.

If you we not stop this plague I can guarantee the 2nd and all the other rights we hold so dear will be gone in the next few generations. The conservative minded parents will be fewer and fewer as this disease spreads like the parasite it is.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
What about paintballs instead of airsoft guns?
Clear over stepping of boundaries by the school and then an insane version of what a gun is. Plastic, red tipped toy guns that fire plastic balls should not be regarded as a gun.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

That and this moronic policy of "Zero Tolerance".

No wonder bullying is what it is. Kids can't defend themselves, and are left with "mediation" and "talking".

Sorry, but growing up in the 80's did not produce this kind of crap. You had a bully, you fought it out.
We really are circling the toilet.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Viesczy

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

ownbestenemy

This is a repost from the same story; different ATS post.

I am not quite done examining this, but here is the relevant information I have found regarding the school and school district in question (remember the day when newspapers would dig up information; probably not as a lot of you are young).

Virigina Beach City Public Schools and their duly elected board have adopted the following language when it comes to "weapons". Virigina Beach City Public School

School Board of the City of Virginia Beach
Regulation 5-36.4

A. Students are prohibited from possessing, handling, using, or distributing any weapon on School Board property (including any school bus), on the way to or from school or while at any school sponsored or related activities.
~
D. For purposes of this regulation, the term "weapon" shall be defined as any instrument that (1) is used; (2) is capable of being used; (3) is designed to be used; or (4) appears to be capable of being used or designed to be used, in offensive or defensive combat, and shall include, but not be limited to, the following: (1) any firearm or pneumatic weapon; (2) any knife; (3) any object which is either designed or actually used to inflict bodily injury, or to place a person in fear of bodily injury; (4) any object which could reasonably be considered to be a weapon; (5) any object which, by its design or use, looks like a weapon (hereinafter referred to as a "look-alike weapon"); and (6) any object listed and/or defined in the Code of Virginia, §§ 18.2-308, 18.2-308.1 and 22.1-277.01, or in 18 U.S.C. § 921.
~
E. Each principal shall be responsible for determining whether an object constitutes a "weapon" as defined in Subsection D, including items (3) - (6) in Subsection D.

My guess is that the principal exerted their authority and deemed the "Air-soft gun" a weapon as defined under Section D above. Then then proceeded to also determine that the children were "on the way to...school".

No where have I found documentation that the School Board lays claims that bus-stops are "considered school property". That claim is ridiculous.

Post Script:
To the above, the closest thing I can see to lay claim that a bus-stop is "school property" is that the Code of Conduct extends to the following:

Students are subject to all conditions of the Code of Student Conduct while at the bus stop, going to and from the bus stop, or riding the bus...

That is the only way that the school board and the principal can stand on this suspension. They will have to prove that the kids were "going to and from the bus stop..." when such actions took place. If the parents can prove that their kids normally walk and/or receive other modes of transportation, I believe they could beat this.

---------------

All that said, it comes down to if the kids were waiting for the bus or were waiting for a different mode of transportation for the School Board to claim jurisdiction in the suspension in my opinion.

Here's the thing though, no SANE person is going to use the term "firearm" to describe a TOY.

Yes, if you have a fake gun & try to use it in a stick up, you can be charged with armed robbery; having said that though, the obvious distinction would be INTENT.

Were these kids trying to maliciously harm someone? Or were they trying to have fun? (As most kids do & should)

Having said THAT, if we have to start legislating or defining FUN in this country, than we truly have lost & I'll gladly join the other side, since they seem to have more common sense than we do.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
i played with toy guns all the time as a kid, out in the streets. some of them were quite realistic. others less so. we never heard a complaint, none of us went on to commit gun crimes and we never got shot by an armed response unit. . it was childhood and play. cowboys and indians, english and germans, etc.

modernity is a paranoid nightmare of knee-jerk, hair-trigger PC crap and bogus manufactured fear.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

schadenfreude
Here's the thing though, no SANE person is going to use the term "firearm" to describe a TOY.

Yes, if you have a fake gun & try to use it in a stick up, you can be charged with armed robbery; having said that though, the obvious distinction would be INTENT.

Were these kids trying to maliciously harm someone? Or were they trying to have fun? (As most kids do & should)

Having said THAT, if we have to start legislating or defining FUN in this country, than we truly have lost & I'll gladly join the other side, since they seem to have more common sense than we do.

Sadly while I agree, the School Board and by extension, the People of the Virginia Beach area disagree. Reread how the policy reads...toy or not, they have some very vague language in there that will encompass toys such as these.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

no the ppl of vig beach dont agree. read the comments. they think its as absurd as we do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join