This is what an amateur President looks like..!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

And in regards to presidential style, I will let Samuel L. Jackson speak to that issue:

After ranting about the importance of good grammar, the interviewer asks the star what he thinks about “President Obama or other highly educated Americans consciously drop[ping] gs off the ends of words to sound like Joe Average.”

Jackson replies, “First of all, we know it ain’t because of his blackness, so I say stop trying to ‘relate.’ Be a leader. Be f**king presidential.”

The actor continues, “Look, I grew up in a society where I could say ‘It ain’t’ or ‘What it be’ to my friends. But when I’m out presenting myself to the world as me, who graduated from college, who had family who cared about me, who has a well-read background, I f**king conjugate.”

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

You mentioned the word "passive" when describing how President Obama first approached foreign policy. I'd have to agree with that but there has been a recent trend that shows the pendulum is swinging the other direction.

Case studies such as the following are some hallmarks of this recent shift:

bin Laden and his response to Pakistan

Gaddafi and Libya intervention

Syria

Heck, even the publication "Foreign Policy" has been critical regarding most of President Obama's foreign policy efforts. See a snapshot below from recent article

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Mmmmmm.........This thread has gotten derailed by the ol' race card. When you play that card you are falling right into the Global Elites old Roman tactic of keeping you in line. They don't give a rat's # what our color is. You are a serf and a slave to the system and Obama is complicit in their plan to enslave us all. Oh, one more thing, the poll numbers are an illusion my dear.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Erica1631

It was "derailed", but has been on track until you brought the issue up again.
edit on 24-9-2013 by MysteriousHusky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

MysteriousHusky

It was "derailed", but has been on track until you brought the issue up again.
edit on 24-9-2013 by MysteriousHusky because: (no reason given)

Touchy or touche........

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousHusky

Indeed, it might be swinging back. It's hard to say, and it shouldn't be. That's much of the point I think. We shouldn't have to guess and wonder here, as citizens, what our President's intentions and policies are. I've lived most of my life with Presidents who the people could predict with fair certainty. So could other leaders. If x happened, y would likely follow. If we had a diplomatic compound over-run and destroyed, for instance, all hell would break loose.

So, in the order of things.? Libya....he was wishy washy and wimpy on. Not generally, but specifically. If you recall, the issue of the War Powers act came up then too..and it curbed his ambitions to the point of leaving the E.U. and Britain to largely handle Libya alone, after giving very mixed messages at the start for how the US would or wouldn't be a part of it.

Syria... Oh.. Wow... I don't know where we start or the world does. Yes, he seems tougher now..but at what cost and for what purpose? We helped make the entire war from protests which arose from nowhere 2 years ago in Homs and blossomed into a full blown revolutionary movement almost overnight. It's been a hunt to kill Assad by almost any means since. When his Rebels are busted with Sarin in Iraq and Turkey, then, weeks later use Sarin in Syria? Well... Then it's about "End it NOW... Yesterday! Immediately!".. I can understand his sentiment there, but he made the bed he's sleeping in....it's hard to feel any sympathy for the predicament.

Syria wasn't the first nation the FSA and Al Qaeda factions were busted... red handed..with weapons grade Sarin. It was the 3rd. Bagdhad was #1 with a remote controlled aircraft along with the homemade Sarin mixture. Then Turkey, with a couple busted with Sarin, intending to use it on Turkish civilians. Recall that, when it made the news? Not real BIG news....for obvious reasons.

So... These are the things that come to mind when I describe his foreign policy as a complete disaster. Even Iraq, which we left on Bush's schedule (not one day sooner...as it happened) has fallen back into total chaos with body counts not seen since 2008. Talk about a nation better left untouched......and mow we hope Syria doesn't fall the same way ....despite all evidence saying it will.

Insanity is doing the same thing, the same way and expecting different results. Obama is insane. That's what it is.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

There was a misunderstanding..that has since been cleared up with no hard feelings or lingering issues about the earlier problems on the thread.

Hopefully to fade away. Stuff happens, right? All is good though.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Okay, sorry I missed seeing your note at the top, first... lol... That gave me a good laugh. Well said.

I could have sworn he'd had some nasty remarks in the past on the subject? I must have him confused with another of the Hollywood set. I love how he puts it there. It hits it so well. There is a lot to be said for simply projecting confidence and control of the situation ..i.e. being Presidential.

You know what Obama has struck me as and I'm sure I'm not alone in having seen it. He's intimidated by authority and starstruck by celebrity. That's a very very bad thing for a man in his position.

I think it's probably more typical to one degree or another in the average person than most want to admit ...but we shouldn't be considered odd to demand above average people serving in the most powerful leadership offices in the world.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Chamberf=6
Funny how congress is absent from this discussion.

I'll thank you not to be reading my mind any more.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Seems like whining about president Obama,regardless he has not been a very good president anyways.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
So 90% of blacks vote for Obama and I'm the racist? Yeah that make sense...

Anyway, its not possible for a president of 50ish years old to have experience in all aspects of the position. Military, foreign affairs,and business sense take years to learn. Anyone with experience in all of those things couldn't do any of them well. That is why presidents are surrounded by advisors.

Unfortunately president Obama can't do any of them well. I don't believe he has anything but contempt for the military. He is getting his butt handed to him by the Russians, and he has never done anything to earn an income. What I mean by earn is he never has to show results of his work.
I buy materials, build a cabinet and sell it. If i dont earn a profit im out of business. Pretty simple.
He has always been given a budget and just has to spend it, never having to show a return on the original investment. That is where I think Romney would have done a better job on the economy.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoosierdaddy71

Race aside, it would make interesting fiction to see if Romney could run America like a successful business. With that said in a business aren't the workers subject to "the man" unless they are part of a union? In terms of Foreign Policy Romney just didn't break away from the defacto stance most Presidential candidates take when it comes to an outlook on geopolitics.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

MysteriousHusky

Race aside, it would make interesting fiction to see if Romney could run America like a successful business. With that said in a business aren't the workers subject to "the man" unless they are part of a union? In terms of Foreign Policy Romney just didn't break away from the defacto stance most Presidential candidates take when it comes to an outlook on geopolitics.

I think the unions are finding out that they are subject to "the mans" healthcare.
And yes it would be interesting to see what Romney could have done..

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

What would have been even more interesting was an Obama-Romney ticket. Now that would have been bilateral!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

There was a misunderstanding..that has since been cleared up with no hard feelings or lingering issues about the earlier problems on the thread.

Hopefully to fade away. Stuff happens, right? All is good though.

Ooops! My bad for not reading the thread in its entirety. Apologies to all.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I don't think you can call it a RACE card, its more like a COLOR card because like you said, Obama is half white, but he obviously looks like a black man because of his skin color.

Here we go with "content of a person's character" thing again. You are trying to expose the total lack of Obama's character and with nothing to defend him with, the race I mean the color card is brought in to the debate.

edit on 27-9-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def