It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alberta pensioner fights to reclaim home declared an embassy by 'sovereign' man

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
A fairly comprehensive description of the movement, its tactics, and the fallacy of its arguments, at least in Canada, can be found in the Alberta court decision Meads v. Meads, 2012 ABQB 571.

The problem of false liens taken out against court officials and others in the States has resulted in many jurisdictions streamlining the process to get such liens cancelled and the perpetrators are being charged with fraud.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

That's utter bull.
They are tresspassing.
The cops need to go in there and toss them out.

Did she sign anything saying they could stay there?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

PsykoOps
Correct me if I'm wrong but in US you'd only have to tell the guy that he is tresspassing. If he doesn't bug out then he can be arrested or removed with force? Idiotic system at play in CA.

my sentiments exactly.

If trespassing alone isn't enough to get this guy out of her hair, a protective order would. Once he breaks that boundary, he's got bigger problems than a simple trespassing ticket.

Perhaps a sweet, cuddely puppy, might serve her well. Something that was bred to be a protector and guard, like a shar pei. Those cuddly little balls of wrinkle get downright frightening when they mature.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Strange and dangerous behaviour indeed. That poor woman. This situation makes me wonder about vigilante justice...

S&F btw

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Cynic
She needs to go into the local bar and buy a few rounds for the oil workers.
Then invite them over for a beer, downstairs.
They will have to take out the trash but it's all good.

Well every town has muscle, back yard mechanics, oil workers, people that you can help a bit, and who will help you, and this is a righteous issue at that.

Pretty much what I wrote.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

RedShirt73
reply to post by MDDoxs

Hello squatters, meet Mr. Salt-Gun, lol. I know for a fact those things hurt like a you-know-what

Hey mister salt gun, this is Canada. Meet the back of my open hand and say, whats that sticking out your rear end? looks like a salt gun.

I have to assume your American. Where else do you brag the use of gun violence in order to convey your personal opinions?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
According to the video on the page, looks like the guy's being evicted, gonna follow this to see what happens next

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

yuppa
Hey guys! lets all get together and go visit the old lady house. then we can provoke the jerk to hit one of us,and then we all witness about who started it. Then have the state department get involved since he assaulted a american citizen and also file it with the ICC.

America has taken over Canada without us finding out about it has it?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Not at all.
Common sense has.
It must be a good feeling knowing that you represent the self important leftist whack job vote.
It's just time that we nut up or shut up.
I prefer the former in this case.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Here is an update all, looks like the public attention finally evoked some action on the part of the courts.

CALGARY — The man who an Alberta senior says claimed her rental property as a sovereign “embassy” has been ordered by a Calgary judge to vacate the home by 12:01 a.m. Saturday.

Andreas Pirelli, 48 and Rebekah Caverhill have been locked in a two-year battle; Caverhill says he identified himself as a follower of the Freemen-on-the-Land movement, changed the locks on the house and has refused to leave.

Caverhill says she has been billed for renovations the man did inside the home and that he had a lien placed on the property.

ARTICLE

I am glad to hear that finally this pensioner will get some respite from this nut ball. It only took national attention to encourage any action.

And, as per what i mentioned in the original OP, here is an example of their attitude:

“What is your birth name?” Hanebury asked. “I want the name on your birth certificate.”

The man replied: “I’m not that name.”

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
We have the same wackos here in the us, we call them the tea party.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

boncho

yuppa
Hey guys! lets all get together and go visit the old lady house. then we can provoke the jerk to hit one of us,and then we all witness about who started it. Then have the state department get involved since he assaulted a american citizen and also file it with the ICC.

America has taken over Canada without us finding out about it has it?

Wait what?

Lost your meds have you?
edit on 25-9-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
There Freemen and their like are just some of the biggest hypocrites out there, they want to get out of paying taxes and the like but you can bet your arse that down at the welfare place they give their full name so to get that money.

They just don't like the laws and systems that cost them cash.

We have the same here that refuse to pay the TV licence or obey the Police, when stopped they go in to all this made up BS but again are quite happy to be someone real when its dole money time.

Sorry, time wasters and lazy leeches mostly..

And yes, I pay my TV licence because I don't like adverts, just because its not a set in stone law does not mean you should be able to get away from paying like honest people. I pay to KEEP the TV advertless.

These cretins don't even follow the morals of this Sovereign citizen thing, they pick and choose what suits them and then scream like girls when they get caught. In this ladies case I'd have went around to the pub like someone said and pay 3 blokes to go and remove his arse from her house and give him a little 'incentive' NOT to come back.

A painful incentive....Freeloading leech...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Theres only one channel that has no adverts and thats th BBC. All the good channels have adverts.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

If she paid for my flight and maybe gave me a nice home cooked meal id remove him...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Cynic
reply to post by boncho

Not at all.
Common sense has.
It must be a good feeling knowing that you represent the self important leftist whack job vote.
It's just time that we nut up or shut up.
I prefer the former in this case.

Whoops, this was the post I meant to quote. So what, low on meds?

I represent the leftist whack job vote because I don't agree with some asshat squatting in a woman's house or because I pointed out that the article is about Canada and not 'Merica?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

If they believe they are a country unto themselves then declare war on them.

It would be no different then if one country went to another and clamed a state because they did not recognize there laws or sovereignty ....what do you think would happen.

Leave it to America to call these morons "terrorist", hell everyone who does not fit the liberal mold is a terrorist these days.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
'Freeman On The Land'.....Freeloader on the make is more like it.

Nothing three feet of hickory couldn't sort out though.
edit on 25-9-2013 by squarehead666 because: content

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I would never call myself a Freeman, but I have been researching this topic for many years. I have come to the conclusion that they are right in many ways, just as hardcore, Christian, Jesus-camp running, fundamentalists are right about the bible.

They have their heads on the right track in the beginning, but there comes a point, in your findings on this freeman business, when you have to decide whether to keep on going down the crazy road, or stay on sanity lane. I chose sanity lane, but never dropped the possibilities of what they claim they can do. I have done, and still do, extensive research on civil law, rules, procedures, legalese, rulings, maxims, and anything that uncovers what I thought I knew about law. If anyone is a lawyer, I'd sure like to hear your ides on the topic.

As far as statutory law is concerned, it is a contract that can only be enforced by jurisdiction, not just subject matter, but personal jurisdiction. I started learning about all this in prison by some people back in 2007, since then I was all over the subject. Strawman this, UCC that, I've heard it all, but again, I went the non crazy route. Lots of stuff to learn, any questions or quarrels anyone have with the idea?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Haha I was just watching this on the local news.

Ridiculous. Maybe if he was in a house that he owned, but as a tendent in a house that's being rented?
What a retard. This just makes people looking to live off the grid a bad name and image. >:\

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join