It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the Age of Punks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
There is a punk trend that is taking rise in America today, and has been since the dawn of the new decade. Girls shaving their head. Guys wearing overly tight jeans. You can tell that mainstream musicians are still having an effect on society. Tattoos are in style for these people. It all can be wrapped up as portraying 'I don't care about society and nothing seems to make them feel better than to show the world that they don't care about it.

When western civilization started building large cities there were not many styles, the whole culture of America was more of less the same style. As you see the middle east, they all wear turbans (they all have the same style because the society hasn't evolved to the freedoms of western civilization). All the way up to the 50s it was so structured.

With the 60s you had an age for the beginning of amazing music and the hippies.

By the 70s you had extreme natural beauty, I would beam back there in a second. Tattoos were not popular - natural beauty was popular - complete opposite than today.

The 80s was the most in your face decade, it was all about self pleasure. It was the most amazing decade and freedom of society really rang out like a bell during this time. The most heightened decade for self expression and people were still not trying to please the predicted judgement of conscious by what Other people thought.

The 90s was a vibrant time, the last decade of self expression. The serotonin appeared to be rushing throughout the earth during this time, perception was very clear, very enhanced. All kind of information was flooding everywhere.

The dawn of the new millennium came with a loving feel, everyone happy to be in existence, but slowly crept to a very high materialistic type of society, high maintenance, and people starting thinking more with the ego and less for simple existence.

This decade is where the ego is blossoming like an evil flower across civilization, marking that society as a whole in future generations is going downhill and in a bad direction. All information you hear everywhere is false. People are driven by lying, as if there were addicting to lying and contradiction like a drug. People have a passion to brainwash society like they are gerbils in cages. There is no love anywhere, people are in their ego, giving bad disrespectful body language to others in the street to show their lack of care. Tattoos are in style, girls are shaving their head and getting tattoos on there hands and arms, guys are wearing tight jeans and oblivious to any of the decades in the past and how people were so much more simple, and I am ranting because I wish it were still like that. Instead in this decade I have to know than when I walk out in society and I going to come across people that don't care about me or society, they probably don't even care about themselves - it is all pride, all arrogance, all ego.

I am not against punks I just don't want that whole mainstream style of society to evolve in the direction of all being the same, when back in the day you had all creative types of styles in the same world together.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
All you little punks stay off my property.

The older generations do nothing but complain, and hold young people back.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Have you ever read The Last Patriot by Brad Thor? A character in the novel bemoans the decline of the American Dream after the younger generations failed to uphold the examples set in place by their parents, leaving behind a gap of virtues that has left America on wobbly legs. The solution, according to the character, is a total governmental reform and a national instatement of Islam. His personal motivation is the loss of his family due to the irresponsible actions of a rich drunken teen who exemplifies the hazy morality of America's judicial system after she gets off scot free.

Your post reminds me a lot of that book. Not the Islam part, but the whole "disappointment in the youth of our nation" bit.
edit on 24-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I don't judge by tattoos and tight jeans, cause a suit can throw ego around just as well.
I do agree with you that it seems everyone has become a slave to their reptilian brain, and it will be that very thing that causes civilization to decline. It's all for one, and none for all, now...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Im older and pretty tolerant of the kids stuff.. but a little while back my oldest daughter who is now an adult had a few friends over and one of the boys asked if he could use my hair straightening iron and hairspray.
This is the same kid that I asked if he was wearing his little sister's pants...and I recall the first time I told one of her friends I had a no ass-crack policy in the house.. to pull them up. Either the pants are too tight or falling off.

I cant say much about the kids these days. I had a "bitch-flip" hairdo and wore parachute pants back in the day....
With the pants riding low, you all do realize that was popular in the 1950's as well... dont you? Not like today. I mean the low pants these days are pretty ridiculous dragging the ground, but the low slung pants arent anything new.

Kids will be kids so let them be kids and explore, experiment, and act silly while they can. Seriousness and duty comes all to quickly. These boys who had the purple hair and big ear holes and such cut their hair nad covered their tats when it was time to grow up and get a job. I have no issue with the folly of youth unless it carries over into adulthood.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Let the kids fall for all that, I did in the 90's had a style that many others had and had before I was born.
They will grow out of it and when they reach our age look back and think "Did I wear that???!!".
These kids are going to be the ones looking after us when we are really old so I give them a long leash to make their own mistakes just like we all did

edit on 24-9-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
What music do the punk kids in America listen to? In Britain, punk was the last of the great political musical movements. Even the Sex Pistols had an anti-establishment message to impart. If the American kids are anything like we were in the late 70's early 80's, how they dress and how things appear on the outside is just a reflection of the fact they are not as brain dead as the mainstream may believe.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

I hear you. There's nothing we can do about it. Just ride the wave to the grave.

As an older American, I'm very conscious of the fact that my opinion matters less and less. To the young we are just a burden.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

teapot
What music do the punk kids in America listen to? In Britain, punk was the last of the great political musical movements. Even the Sex Pistols had an anti-establishment message to impart. If the American kids are anything like we were in the late 70's early 80's, how they dress and how things appear on the outside is just a reflection of the fact they are not as brain dead as the mainstream may believe.

No, the kids in the U.S. aren't into anything anti-authoritarian. They are all as mainstream as you can get. There's nothing rebelious or outside the box about them at all. They love their "molly" and dubstep. The Kanye's and Cyrus's. The Swift's and Gaga's. Nothing punk or rock about them. The tattoo isn't even seen as a rebelious act anymore. It's completely main street. Homogenized. Boring.

As far as tight pants, I'm pretty sure the pants and bell bottoms were tighter in the 60's and 70's. Camel toes out the wazoo!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

The kids of the day certainly aren't my definition of punk. I grew up with the 80's style of punk. Aside from a couple bands still around from the late 80's I haven't heard any new punk music since the 90's

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

Punk morons then. Shame, I was envisioning something more avant garde.
edit on 24/9/2013 by teapot because: spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Punk has been dead since the 80s. Kids just listen to Operation Ivy, and Rancid and think that's what punk is. It's a fad, and a #ty one at that.
Also, the tight pants thing didn't come from the punk scene. It's all linked to skateboarding. Chris Cole, and Paul Rodriguez etc

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

teapot
What music do the punk kids in America listen to? In Britain, punk was the last of the great political musical movements.

Well, there is one thing that stands. We live in such a complex crazy world full of diversity, full of uniqueness. I love the planet earth. It's like we are on a living planet. It is so crazy! So much huge love.

Have you ever heard of Scritti Politti? They are one of the best bands of all time and they are from Britain.

The punks listen to what we call 'mainstream radio', top 40s and rappers like Lil Wayne. Not punk music, but new age rappers who show how little they care.

new topics

top topics

join