It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is David Paulides and for the last 4 years I've been investigating people missing in the wi

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Pink Panther

How do you determine as an investigator, if a person is missing because they want to disappear? As opposed to someone that is missing for other reasons.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Wills recently completed.
Life insurance policies recently taken out
Friends and relatives stating that a personality change has evolved.
Significant amounts of money in bank accounts taken out in specific intervals in the weeks prior.
Computer forensics usually show the state of the mind of the individual, what they were viewing.
A profile of the individual completed by an FBI profiler.
That is just a few.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

David,

In the three 411 books I noticed that you never actually came out and said what you actually think is happening in the majority of these events.

I got the impression that there is a small portion that are likely human abductions but the majority of the incidents don't suggest this.

What exactly do you think is behind these incidents?
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
We have never theorized what may be occurring, and because of that we have had hundreds of "Thank you's" from readers for allowing them to formulate their own thoughts and not pushing our own ideas. I must also state that as the years have progressed, much more knowledge has come to the table and gave a a much different picture then when we first started.

Many law enforcement agencies want the case off their books, this is why the NPS places the status, "Missing and presumed dead," wipes the case off their books and the person is not listed on any database as missing. This is one reason why its extremely difficult to determine exactly how many people are missing in the national parks. In an effort to wipe the slate clean, many allegations are made, if they cannot be substantiated, we will challenge.

Thanks for the question.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidPaulides

Hello Mr. Paulides,
The quality of guests on ATS has just shot up by tenfold. Thank you for taking time out to answer questions from a very curious group of people.Also my apologies for the few trolls that are dropping by.

I for one believe the information in both your books on oh-mah,and the 411 books haven't reached their
peek. These books will be used by people for many years to come ,in fact it should be a requirement for anyone in law enforcement and nps, as well as the public who assist in locating the lost to read your 411 books, as well as the public at large who spend time in our state and national parks.

I keep watch out for the latest info on the 411 series and Scott Carpenters research. I have to say the things he has found in the Smokey Mountains gives me nightmares. To think these animals, not only bigfoot but wolfs or human canines are in our forests just blows my mind.
My question to you is what is your thoughts on the things(for lack of a proper name)that Scott has captured on his back camera, do you believe they are really out there?
I fear what else he might capture,but again I'm both fascinated and intrigued by the work of you and all of the team members at NABS.
thanks again for your dedication and inspiration

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Hey, huge fan here, bought all three Missing 411 books. I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, this thread's enormous already, but what do you think is happening out there? I know you point to a very bizarre incident taken thirdhand from a report in France as potentially being crucial to this whole phenomenon, but you noticeably shy away from presenting your own theories in the books. I feel like the opening hypothesis going into the first (Western US) volume was Bigfoot/sasquatch activity, but it seems like you've moved away from that as you get deeper into this whole thing. Is there any particular case or incident that's leading you towards a more, shall we say "paranormal" explanation for these disappearances?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

DavidPaulides

We have never theorized what may be occurring, and because of that we have had hundreds of "Thank you's" from readers for allowing them to formulate their own thoughts and not pushing our own ideas. I must also state that as the years have progressed, much more knowledge has come to the table and gave a a much different picture then when we first started.

I agree that is the best way to go. It helps keep legitimacy to avoid conjecture.
I just hoped that maybe you'd give us tin hat folks a hint at what you thought.

Can you elaborate any on how the picture has changed?

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

DavidPaulides
We have other cases where hikers have been found with their pants pulled down to their ankles and they were dead.

Were any other items of clothing removed? Is this only observed in winter?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Hello Mr. Paulides,
The quality of guests on ATS has just shot up by tenfold. Thank you for taking time out to answer questions from a very curious group of people.Also my apologies for the few trolls that are dropping by.

I for one believe the information in both your books on oh-mah,and the 411 books haven't reached their
peek. These books will be used by people for many years to come ,in fact it should be a requirement for anyone in law enforcement and nps, as well as the public who assist in locating the lost to read your 411 books, as well as the public at large who spend time in our state and national parks.

I keep watch out for the latest info on the 411 series and Scott Carpenters research. I have to say the things he has found in the Smokey Mountains gives me nightmares. To think these animals, not only bigfoot but wolfs or human canines are in our forests just blows my mind.
My question to you is what is your thoughts on the things(for lack of a proper name)that Scott has captured on his back camera, do you believe they are really out there?
I fear what else he might capture,but again I'm both fascinated and intrigued by the work of you and all of the team members at NABS.
thanks again for your dedication and inspiration
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••••••••
Scott is a man of true honesty and completely trustworthy.
One of the few true researchers in that part of the world that thinks outside the box.

Thanks for the question and kind words.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

I agree that is the best way to go. It helps keep legitimacy to avoid conjecture.
I just hoped that maybe you'd give us tin hat folks a hint at what you thought.

Can you elaborate any on how the picture has changed?

Thanks.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••
It only gets more complex, difficult to explain in the time we have here.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Were any other items of clothing removed? Is this only observed in winter?
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••••••••
Very difficult to say since there was only one tibia bone and a skull cap found....
His pants and belt buckle had been unbuckled......

All the best!!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

shockedonlooker
Hi David. I have heard you on C2C an have always been fascinated by the info provided on the shows.

My question is: Is it known how many, or percentage of the missing are actually nearby locals to whatever state/fed. park they disappeared from? Or were they all mostly vacationers?

I've been looking to buy a place bordering national forest lands and your search for the missing always comes to my mind. Thank you!

Hi again. Sorry, but I think my question became lost in the BF dustup. Thanks for your time!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

This isn't a question for you David (thank you for answering them all by the way, this is fascinating) this is a response to Schuyler pooping on the bigfoot research.

Schuyler, I understand the importance of peer review in academics and all that. (I'm proofing a funding application for post-doctoral research right now...well I'm supposed to be) But I also understand the politics, ego, reputation concerns. Have you read the material? If the science is sound, the lab tests were done at multiple unaffiliated labs, and all the results are conclusive what difference does it make who publishes the paper?

I'll be the first to admit I have not read the material. I do not know if the science is sound. But, I will say what kind of serious PhD would stand behind the author if they hadn't read the material and came to the conclusion that she dotted her i's and crossed her t's? It appears she is not the only person claiming this paper is legit.

Your stance is exactly like saying, "These cookies look and smell delicious. However, I obviously cannot put them in my mouth and try them out because they were not made by Girl Scouts."

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

Hey, huge fan here, bought all three Missing 411 books. I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, this thread's enormous already, but what do you think is happening out there? I know you point to a very bizarre incident taken thirdhand from a report in France as potentially being crucial to this whole phenomenon, but you noticeably shy away from presenting your own theories in the books. I feel like the opening hypothesis going into the first (Western US) volume was Bigfoot/sasquatch activity, but it seems like you've moved away from that as you get deeper into this whole thing. Is there any particular case or incident that's leading you towards a more, shall we say "paranormal" explanation for these disappearances?
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I'm lost when you say "opening hypothesis in the western book." We never proposed a hypothesis, please explain.
Never moved away from anything because we were never moved into a theory....If we had one, we would definitely state it.
The case in France is highly unusual as its a victim that actually remembered what happened to her, very rare.
Many of the elements in that case are present in others we've documented.

Thanks for the contact!!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I would dearly love to know . . . do you have a guesstimate of when your latest 411 book will be available on Kindle?

Thx in advance and for your candid, straightforward responses.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by shockedonlooker

Hi again. Sorry, but I think my question became lost in the BF dustup. Thanks for your time!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••
I don't know the exact stats, but there are people who worked in the parks that were victims, at several locations. Many were visitors and a few were actually rangers.

All the best!!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I would dearly love to know . . . do you have a guesstimate of when your latest 411 book will be available on Kindle?

Thx in advance and for your candid, straightforward responses.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••
We have no plans to place the books on any electronic media. We have had requests for 6 different ebook formats. We aren't a publishing house and barely have the time to write books. The additional time to get the books in 6 different formats seems a distraction to our main purpose, more research.

Thanks a million for the question!!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

DavidPaulides
Very difficult to say since there was only one tibia bone and a skull cap found....

So the body was not intact... was this guy eaten?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Greetings David!

I find one of the most interesting parts of your investigation is the fact that the NPS stone-walled you. Wouldn't it make sense that when undergoing an investigation if a lead that should be a great source of information like the "highly trained" NPS don't have records and claim there negligent? To me this would raise a huge red flag. If this were to be true than there is a select group of people privy to this information, and they are hiding it.

Now there in lies the question why? could it be like you said as an example earlier to avid loss of revenue? I doubt it. Could these national parks be fair game grounds where humans are the prey, kind of makes sense if you think about it. I feel you have stumbled on to something that is far more complex as you have stated. Its not about big foot or National parks or ley line nexus points or aliens abductions or teleportation alone but rather all related in some massive conspiracy that has drenched itself so deep into lies and misdirection that TPTB cant crawl out of. This is a conspiracy web site after all

Could this be why your group cant come to any answers or a hypothesis? I understand its hard to find facts on subjects that are not studied researched because they are shot down as science fiction.

Thanks!
Mur

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Ah, what I meant there was that going by your earlier work and some of the wording, I felt like you were considering Bigfoot as a likely explanation early on.

Personally, I've been thinking about this whole phenomenon a lot, and my theories tend to range from the conventional to the bizarre, and occasionally absolutely outlandish. I rather think you're on to something with the "bad place names" thing, however. Loren Coleman also picks up on the same thing in Mysterious America, and it definitely feels like there's something there.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

DavidPaulides
reply to post by skonaz

Hi there ,

Thanks for your time on ATS ,

You mentioned Australia having very similar incidents

Would you be referring to the Australian bigfoot legends - "the Yowie" or "Bunbyip" ?

Any cases of note ?
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Similar incidents of missing people, nothing to do with Yowie.
These are just flat-out strange disappearances...

In recent news, the case of Gary Tweddle was one that got my attention. From the moment I saw the news reports of how and when he disappeared I was intrigued.

I know someone (really can't say much AT ALL right now) working the case and then after hearing you on Dreamland Radio with Whitley Strieber the other night, it made me think that I want to be involved in helping families grieve by attempting to solve some of these cases here in Australia.

Q: I know you got into this line of work after years as a LEO and so there are many skills you bring to the table. I'm wondering, are there any other ways you think someone could get involved? BTW, the case mentioned above might have something in common with some of the cases you talk about. All I can say is from what has been publicly reported and that is:

1. Location where he was found and
2. The distance from his hotel.

*Snip*

Thanks for your time and good luck with your journeys.
edit on 9-25-2013 by Springer because: Please do not use our site to market your podcast or try to attain guests.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Thanks for taking the time to come here and share your research! Time is precious to us all, it's deeply appreciated.

Interesting to note on the missing persons case, there is a thread on here about i highway in Canada that is notorious for travlers on that highway becoming missing; I don't have the link right now, but, not sure if you've investigated that at all. If not, it's a good read.

My question: Is there any correlation to those people missing in Alaska as well?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join