It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He is Abusing Her - What Should I Do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Please read everything very carefully before coming to a final conclusion and judgement. Thanks!

He is extremely abusive to her, but I think he is unaware of what he is doing. And recently I have had enough and need to do something because the abuse is overwhelmingly, in my face.

Maybe ATS members can help me come up with a solution.

I have seen him go for days without even acknowledging she is even there, in fact, the times he does acknowledge her existence he completely takes advantaged of her unconditional giving and love. She is like a firkin doormat.

I have mentioned it to him on many occasions, but it seems to fall on deaf ears, or he acknowledges it for a brief moment, then falls right back into his narcissistic self-centered ways.

I have to tell you that I have been secretly in love with her since I was very young, she was always kind and giving, she never seemed to complain, or to be argumentative towards me or anyone else.

All of us spent lots of time together, we did everything together like swimming, fishing, building sand castles, climbing trees, and revealing new things to each other almost every day. The way the sunlight touched her being, at sunset, was breathe taking she was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

Fast forward to today, I have seen her being slowly strip of her dignity and she is merely a shadow of her former self, but I have faith that she can bounce back to her once beautiful self.

If you were in my situation what would you do?

P.S.

If you take (he/his) and replace it with your ATS member name, and (she/her) and replace it with mother-earth, the story takes on a whole new meaning.

And yes I am guilty when I insert my name also.

Wanna have some fun with this and raise awareness at the same time? Post the original content, on your facebook page, and let it run it's course before you reveal the plot.

I find it funny how we don't think of the earth as a living entity, yet she provides everything for us and is absolutely unconditional, without her we wouldn't exist.

It sure would be wonderful if we just slowed down as a world, and start to respect the earth first, and then maybe we could learn respect for each other too, instead of this rat race we are now in.

Peace, wisdom and love,

RT
edit on 24-9-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

It, this topic, being in the fragile earth area...knew what you meant from the start.

Edit: We do take this planet for granted. We squander her resources. We over consume everything we know. We live like there is no tomorrow. ...if we keep this up, there will be no tomorrow.
edit on 24-9-2013 by ChuckNasty because: recycle or DIE

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Mother Earth wins every time.
She kicks every one of our asses in the end.
We puny humans do not have what it takes to beat her.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

butcherguy

Mother Earth wins every time.
She kicks every one of our asses in the end.
We puny humans do not have what it takes to beat her.

We defeat ourselves.

She gives us all the tools to succeed yet we seem to slowly destroy ourselves.

If us humans were not on this planet she would still exist, and actually be in a much better state.

I think the challenge would be to live symbiotically with her.

The Native Americans had it right, but the ways of the progressive man were seen as superior.

And here we are today.

edit on 24-9-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

True. Even if we nuke ourselves dead - all the earth needs is time to heal. For the earth, time is its saving grace. For man, time is our nemesis. Who will win in the end? ...only time will tell..
edit on 24-9-2013 by ChuckNasty because: boom

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

It's amazing I was five lines into your posts and I was thinking mother earth and man myself. On what to do about it well we can only do what we can do on an indivual basis, that maybe pick up that bit of rubbish, walking to the shops instead of driving it all starts out small.It may not stop the abuse but its a step in the right direction and plus it'll make you feel better.
Cheers
Ian

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

etrex66

It's amazing I was five lines into your posts and I was thinking mother earth and man myself. On what to do about it well we can only do what we can do on an indivual basis, that maybe pick up that bit of rubbish, walking to the shops instead of driving it all starts out small.It may not stop the abuse but its a step in the right direction and plus it'll make you feel better.
Cheers
Ian

I'll have to agree with you in part, but living, working and having grown up in the industrial area of Detroit Michigan; I can tell you everything we are surrounded by contributes to the toxic disrespect globally.

I feel the only way to gather peace of mind and live harmoniously with the earth without polluting it is to live a simple and slower paced life, but for some reason our Ego's and greed over-ride intuition and logic.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I appreciate your post, truly. I think rather than slowing down though, even though the world is suffering from disaster exhaustion, it is time to lean in, and lean in hard.

When I began reading your post, Mother Earth as the (she) was beautifully apparent.

The (he) who immediately came to mind, as I read, was the raging Fukushima Nuclear Disaster.

He is abusing her and is a clear and present danger armed with weapons of mass destruction.

It is time to lean in and grab that abusive bastard and gain control over an out of control situation.

Oppenheimer's words come to mind...

Thank you for moving to protect her with your thread, in all ways.

Peace

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
If i were mother earth i will waiting longdistance friend i used to call Mr.izon..because he brought me new theme of earth without human..

But i consider it again and think every thing have second change..i remember backthere when i welcome a friend i destroy everithing include my heart..i almost die backthere..but God it self give me second change and let human live in me..why me not? Human can change..i believe it!!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Nice thread

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I am equally impressed with the responses!!

Not one jackass yet stating you need to get out of your relationship!! Before reading....Pretty usual here, but I must say I am impressed!!

Anyways, this earth will heal from our deep wounds....It might take most of the population to be reduced to barely any, but once this happens, the earth will heal....Hopefully the next "advanced civilization" that inhabits earth, once we nuke ourselves to just about death, will try harder to take care of this beautiful place!

Tip for the next civilization on earth (if you find this post somehow...lol) DO NOT INVENT MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Your thread was beautifully written and it touched my soul. Mankind has become a parasite on this beautiful wonderous planet. I pray with all my being we wake up and value her for the majestic living being that she is.

I ive in Florida and people always think beaches. We do have beautiful beaches but inland Florida along it's waterways is most gorgeous. I love kayaking in our rivers. One river here in Florida is being destroyed due to the run off from Lake Okeechobee, yes another messed up fix by the Army Corp of Engineers. The river became so bad this year that I had to stop kayaking on it. Algae the color of transmission fluid was floating on it's surface other places looked like it had floating feces on it. Nature didn't cause this man did. It hurts my heart and the only way we are going to fix any of this anywhere is to become more responsible for her and stop taking her for granted before she shakes us off like a bad case of fleas.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

ChuckNasty
reply to post by butcherguy

True. Even if we nuke ourselves dead - all the earth needs is time to heal. For the earth, time is its saving grace. For man, time is our nemesis. Who will win in the end? ...only time will tell..
edit on 24-9-2013 by ChuckNasty because: boom

From one point of view. If man destroys itself there will be another specie evolved (or seeded if someone is in a hurry
) on this planet so the experiances can continue and the lessons can be taught and this place can be experianced.

If this type of biological machine container do not do what it is supposed to there will be another one created/evolved that does.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

cheesy
If i were mother earth i will waiting longdistance friend i used to call Mr.izon..because he brought me new theme of earth without human..

But i consider it again and think every thing have second change..i remember backthere when i welcome a friend i destroy everithing include my heart..i almost die backthere..but God it self give me second change and let human live in me..why me not? Human can change..i believe it!!

But can what evolves still be called human? Will it still be Homo Sapiens Sapiens or something else?

top topics

join