It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare will kill the economy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

AnonymousCitizen
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

So far, I am hearing agreement with this sentiment.

I am curious to hear from those that are personally benefiting from the Affordable Care Act. How has/will it improve your healthcare for you and your family?

Anyone?

I'll bite. I will not benefit from the ACA but I feel in many ways I will be validated. I've felt for many years that our economy and society were hugely flawed and have been waiting patiently for that belief to be vindicated.

It seems that time is soon to be upon us.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Maybe if we mandate an increase in the average IQ, people will recognize this truth.

edit on 27-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

I absolutely agree with you on the oil companies, however they have no power except that which politicians allow, and as a result we can't fight them except through the politicians.

As for your VA benefits (such as they are), I'm sorry to say, you're right about that too. They will take every bit that they can get away with, as well as my Social Security. I'm due to retire in 10 years, and I know for a fact that my SS is already long gone, and I'll never see a dollar. I have nothing saved for retirement because that was spent trying to survive 5 or 6 manufactured recessions, so I fully expect to die at work.

Such a sorry bunch of scum they are. I can't even imagine how such people look in the mirror every day.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
They were thinking like most do gooders think. At least Obama. Remember, he hadn't even had his butt in the Presidential seat 6 months before this fight began in full. He was still an ingorant fool. Well... He's STILL an ignorant fool...but he was a naive one then. Pelosi can claim no such defense and she's just an outright traitor to this nation and every last thing it stands for, as far as I'm concerned. In every true sense of the word and term.

How else to describe someone who has spent their entire career learning to screw other people so badly, she destroys as much as she ever helps. (recall, in the start, Pelosi had a "sit down" with Obama...of all things.. The nerve of the witch)

Anyway.... What were they thinking? Obama was thinking utopia and every other idiot idea that the extreme left mindset has ever coughed up for a thing to try on the nation. Pelosi just wants to crash everything we have because then..she and others will be left with the task of rebuilding it, their way 100%, from the ground up.

Recall of course, Obama has said he'd like nothing more than to see Pelosi in charge of the House again after 2014. Yeah.. I'm sure... Congress is such an annoyance when they don't agree 100% with a big rubber stamp set to Auto-

Democrats consulted with the insurance companies and healthcare management organisations and the latter replied "Oh yes, if you just make taking out healthcare insurance mandatory, it will help spread the overhead costs and the insurance premiums will go down". But the insurance companies knew that once insurance becomes mandatory, they would have a monopoly and thought they could charge what they liked. Then employers started looking for ways of wriggling out of the payment system, and cut workers hours to less than 30-hours so that they would then qualify for the government subsidy instead. That shifts the costs back onto taxpayers and those who are full-time workers, who then either quit or get their employer to ask for a special exemption. It doesn't even factor in the healthcare demands of those who couldn't afford private insurance anyway.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
It is not the government's fault that the healthcare industry is insane, first of all. Besides implementing a program of this nature, what other options are there? Any other option would be ridiculed along with Obama, just as this one is. The problem of expensive healthcare lies with those offering services, and with the insurance companies. Free healthcare works in so many other countries, that it cannot be argued that it "won't work."

The reason the US "cannot afford this" is simple...It started with Bush, and continued with Obama. "Defense" spending, funds going not only to the military, but black projects, this whole surveillance effort by the NSA, etc.

I had never read the Obamacare documentation before, but I skimmed through it the other day, and aside from some small issues, I think it is going to help many people. That point cannot be argued. It is not as if it is some useless program. The fact that businesses are laying people off just goes to show profit trumps people. There are many, many companies who can afford to give full healthcare to all their employees, as they wouldn't go under or anything, however, the top earners in that company would take a personal profit loss to the tune of millions, and that is why they will lay people off. I mean what is America coming to when people must be fired because some executive cannot live off of $10 million a year? God forbid that he cannot buy a third house in Maui.

And people are overlooking the fact that all this money will still be injected back into the US economy. It is the fault of businesses to begin with that the economy is not where it should be. How many companies outsource overseas? Yet the Republicans cry whenever the government attempts to regulate business. Why do they throw a fit? Because they MAKE MORE MONEY by outsourcing overseas. These people don't care about helping anyone else, even though many of them claim to be religious, and their religion states that they are supposed to help people, no matter what. They use religion as a tool to gain support, which makes it even worse.

What astounds me is how these big business types, with all their money, have, through Fox News, the Tea Party, etc., brainwashed so many people. These people, mostly Republicans, are doing the bidding of these people, and these people actually think they are helping the country? No. They are helping the rich get richer, and are serving to increase the divisions in our society.
edit on 9/28/13 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

mblahnikluver

My husband and I agree over Obamacare, he is one of the clueless who thinks it's the best thing ever where I disagree big time. We have insurance, Aetna PPO, and he pays about $380 a month for me, my son and himself. I really don't know if it will go up or how much but when it does I will use that as another reason and example as to why I dont like this program.

That should be DISAGREE WE DISAGREE...

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Obama is currently killing the economy without the implementation of obamacare! >scary thought

News flash! Obama kills puppies via telekinesis!

He must be stopped!

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
ANONYMOUS CITIZEN: You're kidding right? I fail to see how this will negatively affect the markets...in fact, I'd wager quite the opposite is going to happen. ObamaScare is great for big business and guaranteed, it is the Med & Pharma industry behind the whole scheme.

So far a friend of mine has had the premium for his family of 4 DOUBLE, my wife, up by 52%
The market is going to LOVE THIS SHILT.
edit on 28-9-2013 by odd1out because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

schuyler
Just got the news yesterday. My health insurance will double under Obamacare. My wife's premiums will go up 39%. So much for "affordable" health care for all.

Let's say your wife's employer goes out of business. Let's say it takes a while for her to find a job again/so long the COBRA isn't an option.

Let's say, heaven forbid, she got an challenging ongoing disease/condition.

Before the Affordable Care Act/Patient Protection Act, new providers at a new job could decline to cover her because of a pre-existing condition, all because someone else's company went under. You could be stuck with hundreds of thousands of dollars in bills, with no help, despite having been responsible adults (covered) all of the time before.

You could lose everything. It's happened countless times before to others who were just as smart as you.

For-profit healthcare is THE BIGGEST conflict of interest our modern world has ever known. This is a step towards something better...

What's happening is actually a compromise, I can't believe it, especially after all of the controversy and clown show by many representatives, but this is actually the path of compromise. Government is not the provider -- we know they screw up/waste countless monies on most things they touch -- Republicans and the elite got what they wanted -- companies will be providing health insurance as they always have -- they just have to play fair now, and can't throw people under the bus anymore -- follow some ethical ground rules.

Hate on it all you want. This change is going to improve the quality of life for millions.

You know, all of those freeloaders that don't deserve coverage for themselves or their innocent kids? (The words of others -- touching no?!)
edit on 9/28/2013 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

I'm not sure quite what your point is here? Basically you're saying Insurance companies have acted like insurance companies to make profit (That is their purpose from theirs and the stockholders side of the business line) and employers have acted like employers, to be downright penny pinching and greedy about that bottom line and profit margin?

Okay... I don't disagree with anything there.. Just a bit confused if we're in agreement or not on this, seeing as how you quoted my whole post?

I think the problem here didn't come in areas of the private sector doing and being what they are designed to do and be by the free market system. The problem came in Government leadership ignorant to such a degree, they thought that they could somehow discount that entirely predictable behavior in rebuilding something which would attract the worst of it. The safeguards and controls simply don't exist, let alone as poor ones. The core areas of the system's function still bring an "I Dunno" with days left to go. It's an impossible situation to think any decent controls have ever been in place to prevent the wild abuse of the new system as bad or worse than the old one.

It doesn't help that they did more than consult special interests, but let them just about write parts of it. All that being reported nightly in 2009 during the formation and fight for this thing.

edit on 29-9-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

odd1out

ANONYMOUS CITIZEN: You're kidding right? I fail to see how this will negatively affect the markets...in fact, I'd wager quite the opposite is going to happen. ObamaScare is great for big business and guaranteed, it is the Med & Pharma industry behind the whole scheme.

So far a friend of mine has had the premium for his family of 4 DOUBLE, my wife, up by 52%
The market is going to LOVE THIS SHILT.
edit on 28-9-2013 by odd1out because: (no reason given)

Actually, you could be very right about certain segments of the market. Health insurance companies are recently seeing steady stock price increases. Just take a look at United Healthcare and Aetna as compared to the rest of the market. They are leading the way in a higher market.

However, it's not sustainable. Once the higher premiums really start kicking in in January, you will see families' disposable income plummet. And that will likely take much of the stock market with it.

If you're a gambler, or day trader, there may be some quick money to be made, but just watch out for that cliff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join