It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare will kill the economy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Already, companies are downsizing and reducing hours of workers so that they can avoid the new requirements.

What were they thinking when they passed this?

You can't solve the healthcare problems in this country by mandating the purchase of health insurance any more than you can solve homelessness by mandating the purchase of homeowners insurance, or improve access to transportation by mandating those without cars to purchase auto insurance.

Idiots, all of them on both sides of the aisle.

PEOPLE DO NOT WANT HEALTH INSURANCE, THEY WANT AFFORDABLE HEALTH CARE.
edit on 9/24/13 by AnonymousCitizen because: Add all-caps screaming, since this is a rant after all.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Hear, hear!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Your autocorrect put care after the Obama in the title. ...sure a Mod can change it for ya.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Our local hospital has laid off 67 nurses so far in september and they say that they will be laying off more workers in the very near future.They said the layoffs are a direct result of the obamacare mandate.
The obamacare mandate is nothing short of a law that makes it illegal to be too poor to afford health insurance.
Criminalizing poverty isn`t going to solve the poverty problem in america.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Anon you're absolutely correct. The reprucussions from this will be wide and devastating. Small business will not expand because of the mandatory insurance they will have to provide and some will even go out of business. Already employers are cutting back hours so as not to have to deal with it.

All the money that this country sends overseas to help and it coud never find a way to impliment socialized medicine. Personally I feel with all the tax that the American people pay good medical care should be a given. Other countries have done it sucessfully. Germany I believe is one of them.

I

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
They were thinking like most do gooders think. At least Obama. Remember, he hadn't even had his butt in the Presidential seat 6 months before this fight began in full. He was still an ingorant fool. Well... He's STILL an ignorant fool...but he was a naive one then. Pelosi can claim no such defense and she's just an outright traitor to this nation and every last thing it stands for, as far as I'm concerned. In every true sense of the word and term.

How else to describe someone who has spent their entire career learning to screw other people so badly, she destroys as much as she ever helps. (recall, in the start, Pelosi had a "sit down" with Obama...of all things.. The nerve of the witch)

Anyway.... What were they thinking? Obama was thinking utopia and every other idiot idea that the extreme left mindset has ever coughed up for a thing to try on the nation. Pelosi just wants to crash everything we have because then..she and others will be left with the task of rebuilding it, their way 100%, from the ground up.

Recall of course, Obama has said he'd like nothing more than to see Pelosi in charge of the House again after 2014. Yeah.. I'm sure... Congress is such an annoyance when they don't agree 100% with a big rubber stamp set to Auto-

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

So far, I am hearing agreement with this sentiment.

I am curious to hear from those that are personally benefiting from the Affordable Care Act. How has/will it improve your healthcare for you and your family?

Anyone?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Interesting you bring this up now, as we just had a meeting with our insurance rep here at work, as it is renewal time.

I have to totally agree with you that it is so bad for companies, especially one like ours, that only has 12 people. The owners are doing everything possible to keep insurance for us, without making us pay. Of course, the feds are now going to charge them 4. something % in taxes, and the state is charging a little over 1%. That is real fair for companies trying to the right thing!!

Did you know that there is an age discrimination part to this law? They can charge an older man more than a younger man? I don't remember exactly how he explained it, but even the rep was disgusted by it.

As far as anyone liking it? There is a deal, that if you are an individual, joining the exchange, to get insurance for yourself, you can actually get subsidy from the government, to help you pay for it, based on your income.
Where the heck is that money coming from????

I'm not a big fan, can you tell?

Oh, one more thing. If we have a newborn come along? We will be forced to offer dental on that child, that payments must start when the child is born!!! Not when it actually has teeth!!!!
But yet a mom in the exchange having a baby, does not have to have dental on her child!!!!
edit on 24-9-2013 by chiefsmom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Just got the news yesterday. My health insurance will double under Obamacare. My wife's premiums will go up 39%. So much for "affordable" health care for all.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

My husband works for a "mega"church as the 5th pastor, on the bottom. They had their mandatory obamacare meeting last week. Seems the church can't afford the rise in premiums, so instead of paying 80% of the employees cost they will have to reduce the percentage the church pays and the cost of the plan is going up dramatically. The employees will all getting a 2% raise but the amount they will have to pay for health insurance will be far more than 2%. Also, employed spouses will no longer be covered and have to get coverage from their own employer.

Effectively dramatically lowering the families income.

No good to report here!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Obamacare is about to kick 500,000 kids off health care because parents will make too much to get free care and too little to afford to get insurance with the cost doubling or more up to $15,000 for some families per year.

What average american family can afford $15K per year, how about the families who live on $30K per year, which is a lot, they won't be able to afford it either.

Obamacare is the final destroyer of the American Dream

Obamacare will officially kill the middle class

Obamacare will officially make voting slaves of the poor

Obamacare will KILL AMERICA as we know it

Will Obama step up and admit it needs "fixing" h-l- no he won't

Obama will just say "the buck stops there!"

OBAMA IS "THE BUCK STOPS THERE PRESIDENT"

He will find a way to blame Republicans or anyone else but himself.

The egotist he is will never allow him to admit problems he will just finger point and blame others, heck he'll probably find a way to blame it on Bush.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Couldn't agree with you more!

Those who think it's a good thing clearly don't see the big picture.

When I get into a discussion over this with someone who thinks it's a good thing I bring up the points you just made. What is their response? "Oh it doesn't affect me" well they are wrong because it will effect everyone in some way as time goes on.

My husband and I agree over Obamacare, he is one of the clueless who thinks it's the best thing ever where I disagree big time. We have insurance, Aetna PPO, and he pays about $380 a month for me, my son and himself. I really don't know if it will go up or how much but when it does I will use that as another reason and example as to why I dont like this program.

How can you force people to get something they already can't afford? Those who live pay check to pay check don't have extra money to go towards health care otherwise they'd probably already have it. Even having to come up with $50 bucks extra a month for some people is extremely stressful when you dont have it!

My mom has insurance through the school she works at and what is sad it she can't even afford ot friggin use it!! She pays into it yet can't afford the doctor visits because she lives pay check to pay check. She clearly didn't get into the school system for the pay, she enjoys working with kids. It is sad when you pay for insurance yet you can't even use it because you can't afford the $50 dollar office visit and the days of docs letting you pay later or make payments are mostly gone. I recently went to an urgent care and before they asked for anything like my name they wanted to know my insurance and immediately took my money. It makes me sick. They could careless anymore about the person, it's ALL about the money. Gone are the days of doctors who truly care about medicine and helping others. I"m not saying all are like this but so many are and I've experienced it first hand.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I like how people blame a president. In case you don't know, our government exists right now to prop up and promote economic initiatives. The government SHOULD be there to build and maintain roads, staff and arm an organized military, and provide education and health care. THAT'S IT!
Oil companies run this government. Along with insurance and medical companies. Just look around and it's pretty clear. Look at the Gulf Oil Spill.
The government tried to get involved but they were push out by BP. The EPA told them to stop using COREXIT, which causes the oil to coagulate and sink, but the chemical is VERY hazardous. In fact, it's illegal to use in Europe because is so dangerous to human health en.wikipedia.org...

BP said they stopped using COREXIT in July 2010 once the well head was capped but there are reports out there that COREXIT is still being used today

www.youtube.com...

Obama has very little to do with the economy (as like any president). It's Big Oil my friend. Do a quick search about Huey Long, the once governor of Louisiana

en.wikipedia.org...

He was behind a movement to get control of the oil companies that were raping of LA (and still do today) and take back control of how the oil was being taking out of the state. He was assassinated because of it.

Our president is nothing more than a figurehead, not unlike the Queen/king of England.
edit on 26-9-2013 by wrkn4livn because: Spelling fix

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Tardacus
The obamacare mandate is nothing short of a law that makes it illegal to be too poor to afford health insurance.

This statement is exactly right, and ironically, the very people who are always ranting that conservatives hate the poor are the one that have been pushing this this most!

Wait until millions of liberals whose unemployment has run out are "taxed" $1000 on April 15 because they can't afford to pay for health coverage. Someone is in for a very rude awakening.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

wrkn4livn
I like how people blame a president.

So do I, it shows that they're paying attention.

In case you don't know, our government exists right now to prop up and promote economic initiatives. The government SHOULD be there to build and maintain roads, staff and arm an organized military, and provide education and health care. THAT'S IT!

Where in the Constitution does it say that? You need to get educated on what the federal government exists for.

Oil companies run this government. Along with insurance and medical companies.

No, the president and Congress run the country. They just run it the way corporations tell them to because they have all the money. That makes the politicians guilty of treason, IMO.

Just look around and it's pretty clear. Look at the Gulf Oil Spill.
The government tried to get involved but they were push out by BP. The EPA told them to stop using COREXIT, which causes the oil to coagulate and sink, but the chemical is VERY hazardous. In fact, it's illegal to use in Europe because is so dangerous to human health en.wikipedia.org...

BP said they stopped using COREXIT in July 2010 once the well head was capped but there are reports out there that COREXIT is still being used today

www.youtube.com...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought this thread was about Obamacare...

Obama has very little to do with the economy (as like any president).

If only that were true. Would Obamacare have ever passed without his strong-arm tactics and his unholy alliances with such entities as the unions (who managed to get themselves a sweet little exception from the very bill they endorsed, BTW) ? Highly unlikely.

It's Big Oil my friend. Do a quick search about Huey Long, the once governor of Louisiana

en.wikipedia.org...

He was behind a movement to get control of the oil companies that were raping of LA (and still do today) and take back control of how the oil was being taking out of the state. He was assassinated because of it.

We're back to talking about oil??

Our president is nothing more than a figurehead, not unlike the Queen/king of England.

More like a puppet and a dictator. A figurehead couldn't possibly screw up this much.

And for the record, as I've said many times, our "figurehead" wants to collapse the economy, and Obamacare is designed to do just that.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
There are 2 hospitals here in town, one refused to take Aetna due to an Obamacare issue for which Aetna wouldnt follow the program. It caused quite a problem because this was done midyear... people had serious issues with their medical treatment. Now that hospital has rethought their idiotic stance and decided to accept Aetna once again
Crooked lines are being drawn in the sand over this and its the average working Joe who is being screwed over even before this thing is implemented.

We have our open enrollment this month... holy cow. I do want affordable healthcare for folks, but not the Obamacare flavor.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AntiNWO

Yes, your right. My bad for going off track.

As far as Obama Care, I'm immune for the time being (retired military) but the Hill IS going after VA benefits for sure. Only a matter of time before TriCare is dissolved in favor of some derivative of OCare. Thankfully, the VA has strong lobbyists, not as strong as the oil companies but (oops, there I go again.)...

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

Did you see the prime vs standard changes dependent on zip code? It will be a matter of time before the military scraps Tricare and reverts to Champus, which will probably make us sign up for Obama Plans..

Hope for the best.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

AnonymousCitizen
Already, companies are downsizing and reducing hours of workers so that they can avoid the new requirements.

What were they thinking when they passed this?

You can't solve the healthcare problems in this country by mandating the purchase of health insurance any more than you can solve homelessness by mandating the purchase of homeowners insurance, or improve access to transportation by mandating those without cars to purchase auto insurance.

Idiots, all of them on both sides of the aisle.

PEOPLE DO NOT WANT HEALTH INSURANCE, THEY WANT AFFORDABLE HEALTH CARE.
edit on 9/24/13 by AnonymousCitizen because: Add all-caps screaming, since this is a rant after all.

The economy is already dead. The stock market is an illusion, propped up by infinite debt and fiat currency. Obamacare is just the final nail in the coffin. ObamaCare takes effect Oct. 1st. Watch out for the big market crash Friday, Oct. 4th. Book it.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

As long as the bankers control the economy, we won't have an apocalyptic crash. Even the Russians are players.

Ever wonder why Moscow holds the most billionaires in a city? After communism, they were offered a BIG piece of the capitalistic pie. China's on board as well, but they wanted to 'hack' the system by manipulating the flaws.

No one else sees this?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join