It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does "IT" have to hit the fan...for us to get "IT"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I wish the “IT” would hit the fan already. Then maybe the world could actually get around to doing what “IT” is supposed to be doing. We all know what the “IT” is, but do you know what the “IT” is?

When you have a clogged toilet you have to take extreme measures sometimes to unclog “IT”. You might need a plunger, you might need an auger, you might need a chemical…depends what is causing the stoppage or flow of “IT”.

The world is full of “IT”. The powers that be are the plumbers, right? Or are they the “IT”? Maybe you are the plumbers and they need to be unclogged?

There is one thing for certain, there is a major “IT” clogging the world right now, wouldn’t you agree?

What is the “IT” that we should be doing? Anytime there is a major disaster, what happens?

There seems to be many domino’s that fall when there is a polarizing event, sometimes it is regional and sometimes it is global, sometimes it is man made and sometimes it is of a natural occurrence…either way something happens to normal people when faced with the consequences, they start to care about each other, they start to get “IT”.

“IT” is LOVE.

Sadly, “IT” has to happen first in order for “IT” to happen.

Ask yourself, why?

Why must we have “IT” hit the fan in order for us to have “IT” for each other?

Soul

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

We are not nearly hungry or angry enough.

Not Yet.

History shows that eventually the castles are stormed and those in our way end up losing everything , often their heads.
edit on 24/9/13 by skonaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Why Does "IT" have to hit the fan...for us to get "IT"? page: 1

It is just the delivery system in use. Waking up people is often difficult. Many just ignore the alarm bells.

P

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
As an IT employee i thought i was under attack in some way from this thread! lol

Who knows when 'it' will hit the fan, im sick and tired of paying my taxes to stupid stuff we shouldnt be involved in at all much less having to pay for it AGAIN decades later, or our kids pay centuries later.

I hope 'it' hurrys up too.
edit on 24-9-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
i just hope we survive it

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

Agreed !

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Everybody has an iPhone.

Simple.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Unrealised
Everybody has an iPhone.

Simple.

Exactly, we're kept busy and entertained.
We work just enough that there's not enough hours or energy for any kind of grouping together or revolution.
And some people just don't think about these things.
A sporting scandal or a Kardashian sister may get them riled up for a day or two but that's about it for some.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by skonaz

keep the people fed.
ever watched people waiting in line to buy food, and it's taking a couple minutes longer than usual, there is some anger there, the people in the line are on the same side, and usally the the food server takes the brunt of that anger. Now imagine half a country hungry, and the top dogs are the food servers.
edit on 24-9-2013 by ZeussusZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I wish ppl were brave enuf to shoe their location so that I can get a sense of how to respond to the OP to the thread starter...oh well...no comment...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

edition.cnn.com...

7.8 magnitude earthquake strikes southeast Pakistan at depth of 15km, USGS reports.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Red alert level for shaking-related fatalities. High casualties are probable and the disaster is likely widespread. Past events with this alert level have required a national or international level response.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is exactly the type of event I am talking about...

shells4u

I wish ppl were brave enuf to shoe their location so that I can get a sense of how to respond to the OP to the thread starter...oh well...no comment...

That is a the kind of response that is the problem, what difference does it make where I am?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by skonaz

I think you hit it on the head Skonaz.

Things will change and improve dramatically when the family unit is held as the highest priority. However, with love comes understanding and forgiveness. See the statistics on divorce and single parents? It seems also rooted in a desire for self gratification. Even at the cost of others.

I don't know what's ahead but I do know that's where its at. Love. With family, friends - connectivity and unity. Yet there are some patterns of behavior accepted in today's society that I reject and I cannot connect myself to that negativity. The mindset. So I've no idea how we're to bridge the gulf when it seems to be a chasm of depraved and lost people.

Since I find myself rejecting most people within the first few meetings of really getting to know the nuances of a personality. I find myself just as much part of the resistance. Part of the problem. But I own it. I don't like what most people do. How they think. It's generally mean, narcissistic, and self centered. That's nice, Breaking Bad, won the Emmy for it's brilliant dramatization and stigmatization and glorification of our methed up world. Brilliant! So, now let's talk about the world's economic muck up. No? To deep for you. Okay, excuse me while I go read and discuss it on ATS.

I don't know where it starts. But my very judgemental self is very much in the way of "It".

I'm as judgemental as the next person. You! (Generally speaking.)

CdT
edit on 24-9-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: corrections

edit on 24-9-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: clarification

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I don't think I want to see "it" happen, nor do any of us. There is only one way to step back from the precipice. We must remove official power and officials gradually and peacefully. Starting with local recall elections, town meetings, budget cuts, firings and if necessary legal action.

Without animosity, we must incorporate those newly reintegrated citizens who are ideologically sympathetic to our cause, to the cause. At each stage we stand to gain allies and informed consultants who will help us to proceed to the next stage and bring additional legitimacy to the austerity movement.

I think this is the mechanism our forefathers intended for us to employ.

Not revolution, not insurrection but vigilant, informed and relentless relibertification.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Are you seriously saying that you cannot understand that where a person is in the world has a bearing on what one might say to them in response to a given topic? Politics and government are different the world over, as are laws and customs. If somebody posts a question which pertains to topics related to, or involving those things, then it's pretty important to know the regional specifics of events, assuming you WANT to contribute in a useful manner, rather than just running off at the mouth like a broken tap, or a sewer pipe!

Also, cultural conventions being different all over mean that people from different nations have different cultural norms to adhere to as part of their daily lives, and a failure to understand that will make for a pretty crappy discussion, full of futile twaddle which achieves nothing. Is that what you want from discussions on these boards? Cultural insensitivity, and a total lack of meaningful communication?

I am not saying that all the topics here require such diplomacy and understanding, but many of them do, and a failure to recognise that renders all input to such a discussion pointless.

Now, I can well understand that in circumstances where no particular regional influence can POSSIBLY matter, the requirements for that data are much reduced, or indeed utterly non existent, however, to suggest that no such circumstance could ever exist, where such data WOULD be required, is outrageous in its short sightedness.

JUDGING someone by where they are, assuming that everything they say is tinged with some sort of nationalistic jingoism,is also bloody stupid, and I can understand why some members would wish to avoid coming into contact with such behaviour by refraining from providing location data to the membership. And so a compromise has to be achieved.

The idea you posit that love is it... Love is not it. Freedom comes before love, is the garden in which love grows. Without freedom, love is CRUSHED and MUTILATED before it gets anywhere.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

clearly you are the reason "IT" exist and the fact is you do not get "IT", it makes no difference whatsoever where someone lives. Love is universal and has absolutely no boundaries other than the constraints one puts on the ability to get "IT".

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Soulpowertothendegree, I appreciate that you would like for love to be able to flourish and be held by all people, above all other things, in truth, as well as in words, as so many have a wont to do. I think we would all benefit from that. But that is not how the world runs, no matter how much we would wish it to be.

Now you can wish for a day to come when that might be the case, and you would not be alone in so doing, but to pretend that the day has come, or is even close at THIS stage in human psychological evolution is delusional at best.

If you refer to IT rather that being honest about the full scale of what you expect from your fellow human beings, then it is not suprising that you can bring yourself to believe that this is a simple thing you are advocating, but if you actually consider these things, itemised, one by one, in full, you will see the impossibility of what you are asking for, in the circumstances mankind finds itself in. Asking people to focus on love, when they are ruled over exclusively by psychopathic tyrants, no matter how well disguised ,when the powerful have such massive sway over the weak, when the defense of a nation can excuse the subjugation of its citizens, and when none of the freedoms and rights a person has in ANY nation are functionally inalienable, merely worded so in law, what the HELL do you think love is going to do?

If everyone just started living as you suggest, then do you know what would change for the better? Nothing. Nothing at all. If anything, the crushing of civil rights would continue unabated, because no one would be able to summon the anger and fury and effort to respond effectively. Oh there would be sit ins, walk outs strikes even, but the end result would be nothing but streets and parks and meeting places, full of the burning corpses of the most loving and caring people ever gathered in one spot.

That is NOT a solution, it is a surrender. We cannot expect to live in a loving society, when society is run by a succession of uncaring people, and that IS the reality in which we live. I will not surrender myself to the fickle whims of such a thing, by becoming so enraptured that I fail to hear the march of jackboots, fail to see the armoured cars on the horizon. Becoming high on love and walking around with my head in the air will not improve the human race. Doing that, any one of us refusing to live in the real world, and accept the challenges we face could be the doom of our entire species, and will certainly doom that individual, if not to death at the hands of total bastards, then to a life of sorrowful disappointment and confusion.

That would not be loving in any case. REAL love is on fire, can inspire great violence as well as great gentleness, and love in and of itself does not CREATE peace. It is something that survives best when peace has already been won, and the battle for the future of our species is not over yet. The opening salvos have not even finished ringing in our ears yet, so forgive me if the sort of love you are advocating doesn't make me feel all fuzzy inside, because quite apart from having to contend with dark forces rising in the world, the more people take up your angle of approach, the less people there are to actually battle that darkness, actively.

new topics

top topics

join