It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wake Up America : Al-Qaeda Was Established Under The Authority Of President Reagan

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I think most american voters don`t care about the character of the person they vote for or the voting record of that person when they were a congressman.
american voters are easily entranced by promises of free money and materialistic things. I believe that satan himself could easily be elected president merely by promising to give the people of america more free money and materialistic goods than they are already getting.
people could easily rationalize voting for satan:
"Yeah, he`s satan and we all know what he stands for and what he is going to do to us but just look at all the free money and stuff he is going to give us if we vote for him!"

American voters seem to be genuinely shocked when the president who gave them all that free money and other stuff also takes away their rights and does other nefarious things to harm them.so, they complain bitterly and feel betrayed.
of course they shouldn`t be shocked, they blindly voted for the guy with no regard or knowledge of his character or personal beliefs.They were blinded by their own greed and sold their vote to the highest bidder, they got the government they deserved.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Anwar Sadat was where the 'start' of what is now the modern day AQ was founded. It sprouted from the ISlamic Egyptian Jihad. Who was the founder...Ayman al-Zawahiri. He has been part of the Muslim brotherhood since his teens. This is why it is appalling that the current administration would still arm these bastards. We spent the 90's trying to get rid of them, they hit us in 01 and now we are them.

AQ is real. Very real. Has the US government in the past provided them with weapons? Yes. When they were fighting against Russia in Afghanistan. and just like a dog you train to kill other dogs it will eventually bite you, and it did, in 93 and 01.

HIllary Clinton did not care if we were selling them weapons though till it was her ass on the line. She is garbage.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Man that is one terriblr article not only does it not have its history right is does not even have current events right. When people say the US created Al Qaeda they mean that US forces and US support for Saudi Arabia caused Bin Laden to get upset the US was propping up the country he wanted to rule. Anyone who knows the group knows its goal was always to get the US to leave SA. It's targets were always the Saudis or US targets in that part of the world. After 911 that goal changed to surving. Other groups picked up the name in Somalia, Mali, Iraq, Syria etc. None of those groups work together in any real way nor do the answer to the original AQ (who is trying rebuild). These other AQs have local goals and are not onboard with any global Jihad. Also the person who wrote the article comes off completely out of touch when right now US backed FSA is in open warfare with the AQ groups in Syria. They had some clashes before and always lots of tension but, when US aid strarted rolling to the FSA the AQ groups knew they would get to powerful to deal with after Assad fell and moved against them early. Its always a sad day when reality ruins a BS article written by somebody either competely stupid or pushing and agenda so hard they do not bother to make their fantasy match reality.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
What an enormous crock of nothing. President Carter ordered the CIA to assist the Mujahideen with their fight with Soviet occupation in 1978.

The term 'Al-qedia comes from the book 'Social Justice in Islam' by Qutb that was OBL spiritual guide. He first used the term as the 'base' of his warriors he trained to infiltrate Somali in early 1991 that lead to the Blackhawk Down incident.

Just post anything-I replete anything to get attention.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

buster2010
It wouldn't be the first group of terrorist he helped. He also financed the Contras. The man was truly one of the worst presidents in American history.

You do realize (I assume you are old enough to remember or diligent enough to read a book) that the Soviets were committing HORRIFIC WAR CRIMES in Afghanistan when we funded the mujahedin who would later become AQ, right? NOT EVERYTHING IS AN EVIL US CONSPIRACY! Yeesh...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
How many times does this ignorant nonsense need repeated before it's given up? Lets cover a couple points here, as they are Historic FACT...not fiction or opinion.

Al Qaeda DID NOT EXIST in the 1980's. The Taliban DID NOT EXIST in the 1980's. Reagan's Presidency came while the Soviets were decimating villages in a slow hover with helicopter gunships, then threw chem grens down the water wells to insure they 'depopulated' the Mujaheddin village once and for all. It isn't HALF as clear as some with an agenda would LIKE it to be in claiming Reagan just made terrorists. (facepalm)

What Reagan supported as the Afghan Mujaheddin (Later the 'Northern Alliance..fighting the Taliban and AQ right into 2001) while trying NOT to give aid over to the ARAB fighters, who were a distinct sub group within the resistance to the Soviet occupation. Bin Laden was heard to say and quoted in the press as declaring he'd take a CIA Officer as a prisoner as quick or quicker than a Russian if he could get away with it back then, and I'm sure he meant it too. CIA Officers were a special target of personal hatred during the last 10+ years in Afghan....

Funny way to treat the people...some claim..own and run Al Qaeda. The thanks seems to come with bounties and special efforts to kill everyone related to US Intelligence as some crusade. Yeah.. they own Al Qaeda...and I have a Unicorn farm upstate I just don't tell anyone about.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

awakehuman

OtherSideOfTheCoin
So pressTV, the propaganda mouth piece of the Iranian government who quite openly despise America say that America created Al-Qa'ida so it must be true.

I am not surprise by your above comment. Your Avatar say it all !!

edit on 24-9-2013 by awakehuman because: (no reason given)

So is that the best defense you have for your OP?

The American Government did not create Al-Qa'ida. FACT.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
How about WAKE UP AMERICA...Obama is supplying Al Qeada with weapons and had CIA operatives killed for it? That would be a better line. The State Department made the sale and they were told not to. Benghazi is a direct link to that as well as Libya. Odd how those who could have talked about it are dead.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
How can you have a NWO with out a big bad boogie man to chase after? new laws and policy's to fight him with, with out going in to every nation and law of the world?, travel, buying, banking, and the weapons trade, freedom of thought and freedom of speech! ,

" your with us or against us" is the motto of TPTB to make you with out you knowing it a enemy of the state, by having the NSA keep tabs on you through, Face book, tweeter, Google, cell phone, email banking, and travel habits.

One thing can only become of this world war on terror and whom is the terrorist? Any one that puts up a fight for freedoms, and for freedoms sake.
edit on bAmerica/Chicagok201324 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Unfortunately I don't think our votes have ever meant #. At least not for a long time. Whenever we had a president who was actually good and not a corrupted, evil, illuminati piece of # they got assassinated.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

matafuchs
How about WAKE UP AMERICA...Obama is supplying Al Qeada with weapons and had CIA operatives killed for it? That would be a better line. The State Department made the sale and they were told not to. Benghazi is a direct link to that as well as Libya. Odd how those who could have talked about it are dead.

How about America is not going to wake up to stuff people on the internet just make up.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

How about the realization that the Government pays spooks to get on forums and dismiss any and all information that may in some way incriminate them.

That these spooks make a living out of other peoples misery.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
People know the truth, but it's easier living life as the helpless "victim"; unable to do anything, about anything.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by awakehuman

Sweet Jesus on a shingle! This appears to b e the lie that will never die! I've combated this lie seemingly forever, and I grow weary of it, but still must keep on slogging forward, lest the unsuspecting buy into it as you appear to have done.

I read the PressTV report, and it was as full of unsubstantiated claims as the opening post of this thread is. They're throwing out lots of smoke, but showing no fire. In some circles that is called a "smoke screen". Lots of grandiose claims, NO references for confirmation or evidence of any kind.

The ONE reference cited is NSDD-166. Anyone bothering to take the time to read it will see for themselves that it in no way confirms any of the claims made, much less the one that it is supposed to confirm - i.e. that Reagan created al Qaida in 1985. It deals entirely with strategy and support for the indigenous mujahideen, and not at all with the "foreign volunteers".

Don't take MY word for it - read it yourself, here.

There was no "Col. Tim Osman", much less as an alter ego of OBL. No one, to date, has ever been able to produce any confirmation even of the man's existence, much less the role he is claimed to have played. Yet the lie continues. I suppose that if a lie is oft enough repeated, it will take on the semblance of "truth", and when lies become "truth", we are in large trouble.

OBL never had that "meeting" in "Ontario, LA", nor did he ever meet with the folks in DC. Large claims are made, but no evidence is ever forthcoming. That's because there IS no evidence, since it never happened. Yet we are simply supposed to believe the lies, not seek after the truth.

This whole fable is but a house of cards, and if anyone bothered to check into it, they would gain the bit of breath necessary to collapse the house and scatter the cards.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I think all news outlet is Bs right?

Source

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Pinkorchid
reply to post by MrSpad

How about the realization that the Government pays spooks to get on forums and dismiss any and all information that may in some way incriminate them.

That these spooks make a living out of other peoples misery.

How about they would not waste their time on fantasy and make believe.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mekhanics

So the BBC, according to loads of 9/11 truthers had prior knowledge of WTC7's collapse yet at the same time they also published a article saying that Bin Laden was trained by the CIA.

hmmmm....

I guess that means the BBC are only a reliable source when they side with the conspiracies.

Regardless the BBC write for general consumption to actually expalin the origins of Al-Qa'ida is quite a complex task so quite often is just the easy thing to write.

that article itself is the byproduct of lazy reporting

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

buster2010
It wouldn't be the first group of terrorist he helped. He also financed the Contras. The man was truly one of the worst presidents in American history.

Reagan, and his team during the election run-up, also negotiated with Iran -- beginning even before he was President Elect -- to delay the release of the US hostages until after he was sworn-in in exchange for incredible deals on arms for their war with Iraq. That money was covertly used to escalate the necessity for the war on drugs in many, many ways.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

This would be also because at the time the Soviets were supporting some of the same groups in Syria, etc that we are attempting to support now...and we all know how it turned out for them.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

they also published a article saying that Bin Laden was trained by the CIA

I'm sure they weren't speaking from they're a## were they?

CIA Talks About Bin Laden Being Trained By CIA on CNN

Gunderson further confirmed that Osama Bin Laden was a CIA/Pentagon asset that went by the name of Tim Osman. Gunderson met Bin Laden at the Hilton Hotel in Sherman Oaks, California in 1986. At the time, Bin Laden was a representative of the Mujahadeen, the Afghan fighters resisting the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. The Mujahadeen were trained and funded by the United States during Operation Cyclone, as stated by Zbigniew Brzezinski, President Jimmy Carter's National Security Adviser and member of the Council on Foreign Relations, Trilateral Commission and Bilderberg Group. Al-Qaeda is still run by the Pentagon and is used for regional destabilization, most recently in Libya.

The US government trained, armed, funded and supported Osama bin Laden and his followers in Afghanistan during the cold war. With a huge investment of $3,000,000,000 (three billion US dollars), the CIA effectively created and nurtured bin Laden's al-Qaeda terrorist network using American tax-payers money. Afghanistan is one of the world's poorest countries, where such an enormous sum sum of money would have had extraordinary value.

Source

I guess that means the BBC are only a reliable source when they side with the conspiracies.

Well, that's according to you. Not entirely unless for argument sake!

Regardless the BBC write for general consumption to actually expalin the origins of Al-Qa'ida is quite a complex task so quite often is just the easy thing to write.

I agree, excluding-regarding Al-Qaida.

that article itself is the byproduct of lazy reporting

Maybe for BBC but there are countless of other reportings too, matey!

Other info:
President Ronald Reagan Meeting Some Mujahideen

Reagan Archives

edit on 25-9-2013 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join