It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramid from ATLANTIS ancient civilization may been discovered at Açores - Portugal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

I'm with you. It seems that readings are in feet, not meters. The pyramid starts at 350 and ends around 130, so thats 220 feet or around 65 meters.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

I was under the impression we don't have verification for those yet. Especially the crystal pyramid, which is a hoax from what I can gather.
The others, supposedly found off the coast of Cuba are also suspect. But it would be cool if they were real.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
are those soundings in metres or feet? verified, I notice they left that part out.

In meters impossible but in feet maybe but not Atlantis.
edit on 24-9-2013 by sevens8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

covertpanther
We know there are pyramids on Mars.

Umm no. Lol.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Rezlooper
reply to post by Grimpachi

I'm a little confused to what you guys are talking about here...in the OP it says that the pyramid was found 40 meters below the surface of the water with a height of 60 meters meaning the base of the pyramid is 100 meters below the water's surface.

Well I personally have done a 40 m dive before and that can be done without mixing gas so if this thing is only in 60 m then I fail to see why a navy needs to get involved.

I am on my iPad so not sure how to use translate on this thing but I did read where it said 8 mil metros and I know mil means 1000. Wish this whole thing would be cleared up. Hell if it's only 60 meters then any technical diver could chech it out and confirm or disprove the thing. I bet they would be lining up at the chance. I would but alas I don't have the skills ......YET.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

DaesDaemar
reply to post by Rezlooper

I'm with you. It seems that readings are in feet, not meters. The pyramid starts at 350 and ends around 130, so thats 220 feet or around 65 meters.

I bet they mean meters. Metros = meters. In diving and most anything dealing with water measurements are taken in meters. The only thing I have ever seen it measured in feet were American swimming pools and even then not always.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

sevens8
are those soundings in metres or feet? verified, I notice they left that part out.

In meters impossible but in feet maybe but not Atlantis.
edit on 24-9-2013 by sevens8 because: (no reason given)
[/quote

They didn't leave it out. It said meters, but only 40 meters below the surface of water to the top of pyramid. That's not very deep. Only 100 meters, nearly a football field length to the bottom. Not too deep at all. But, it would seem likely that it wouldn't be too deep being that it's within an island chain.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
My mom was born in the Azores and moved to Canada when she was 4 years old. I've been there a few times with my grandmother. To Sao Miguel, Tameria and a few other islands.. Beautiful rock formations, amazing cave systems, quaint little houses. Very slow pace of life. Interesting all around, but doesn't exactly have the pristine beaches and turquoise water like Bermuda - another North Atlantic island in the middle of nowhere.

As for this, I'm skeptical. We all would love the idea that there was evidence of an ancient civilization, but we don't know. The poster who said that the Navy will go in and turn it into rubble is merely stating his opinion - what he want's to believe. It is not a fact, and there is scant evidence from the ancient past indicating a civilization prior to our own. And any evidence you believe that exists is insufficient to justify belief.

But if there were, umm, proof of an advanced civilization prior to our own, why would that be a problem? How would that affect our modern understanding of ourselves? In fact, it would seem to be a highly desirable solution to so many of our contemporary political problems. Fundamentalists from Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, etc, would be forced to accept the disconcerting fact that they are not special. That there is a history which precedes the history of their sacred scriptures.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I suspect 'verification' will be an ever delayed process when it comes to evidence that bucks the accepted historical, and scientifically accepted, norm. Especially those that lay deep underwater.
edit on 24-9-2013 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

I want this to be a pyramid

s&f

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

I wonder how many more pyramids will be discovered in the next 50 years. Just the fact that they are widespread throughout this planet and they all have some extremely similar qualities, should lead people to believe something higher than a particular civilizations beliefs. There has to be some deeper connection to all of them... I guess only time will tell.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Astrocyte

You are right there wouldn't be any problem at all. The modern world would find it interesting, exciting then dull. The main reason people say it would be 'a problem' is to create a mythos to explain why evidence is never found to support the idea of an earlier lost advanced civilization.

Remember mankind has gone thru this before, it the finding of the Sumerian civilization, of the finding of the Harappa, of the finding of the Mayan, etc, we continue to find smaller cultures too...

The fringe answer to it not being found is - It isn't found because it is being supressed.

The easier answer is that there was no such civilization, at least that is what the evidence we have now shows.

If 'Atlantis' excisted why did it not leave evidence of its existence - that is always the sticking point!

At the same time we do know that civilizations like Sumer, Egypt, etc. leave millions of artifacts, thousands of habitations sites, tens of millions of sherds, etc.

However lets see what this thing is, who knows we might be wrong that or its natural.
edit on 25/9/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

ntfaulkner19
There has to be some deeper connection to all of them... I guess only time will tell.

There is - if you want to build a raised platform, a pyramid shape or a mound is the way to go, especially if you want people at the bottom to see what is going on at the top (Meso-American and Mesopotamian), of course if you are using it for a burial then no one needs to see what is on the top and it becomes an enclosed one.....

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

As full disclosure, how much was he paid to do the interview? Why didn't the news station send their own team to explore this "new site"?

Things that make you go hmmm?

Kratos40

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Sorry, At work, placing a marker to return. Thanks all.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Tell me if i'm wrong, but the contours around the 'pyramid' suggest the pyramid is on top of a hill (or small mountain).

Is there any president for pyramids being built atop a hill like this?

Wouldn't it make the hard task of building it much much harder?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

Do you mean that what ever that four sided structure is, it is on top of a volcano? I'm a bit of a nutter for geology, and volcano and earthquakes are something I have logged quite a few hours looking at over the years. I can safely say that I have never heard of a volcano having such a uniform shape, not only defined lower edges, but sharp angles...

If this IS a volcanic structure, it would be one of, if not the most strange that I have ever heard of!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I'm all for sunken cities but what puts a drag on my imagination running away with that concept is the nagging question of how does something sitting on top of a sunken volcano stay intact?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Hanslune

If 'Atlantis' excisted why did it not leave evidence of its existence

uhhhh because it is underwater?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

bottleslingguy

I'm all for sunken cities but what puts a drag on my imagination running away with that concept is the nagging question of how does something sitting on top of a sunken volcano stay intact?

It didn't xD that's why its a "lost" city. Even on the ocean floorbed it might prove extremely dificult to find evidence due to the fact that its located on a fault, and lava is constantly creating/recycling the floorbed. To be honest im suprised that there even is a pyramid where it is.
edit on 25-9-2013 by Oldwindshaman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join