It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramid from ATLANTIS ancient civilization may been discovered at Açores - Portugal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Once upon a time, underwater foundations, land tracts, etc., could be easily seen from Google Earth in and around this same location. By the time the next addition of Google Earth was released, the site had been scrubbed from Google Earth.

Google's explanation was that it was somehow caused by "camera anomalies." And to avoid further confusion they decided to just "cover it over."

As with the North and South Poles, you can only view down so far, before Google scrubs whatever is there or simply will not allow the viewer to navigate low enough to see anything clearly. I have found this occurs with a variety of sites around the world. No different than what they do on the moon and Mars. As a result, I refuse to use Google Earth for anything that requires "honest" viewing.

What the Hades are these people so danged afraid of ? Why is it that such extremes are gone to to keep the masses from learning about our past and the past of anything significant we endeavor to discover? Are they afraid we'll discover their nest or what?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

merka
Call me suspicious, but getting a high resolution pyramid shape out of a bathymetry scan with low resolution contours... Wouldnt that be sort of impossible?

It's not high resolution. It's the simple square shape that makes it seem high resolution. Think about some of the 3D video games where the characters and intricate objects look polygonal. Square objects like buildings and wooden crates don't have that effect since they're a simple 3D shape.

edit on 24-9-2013 by yomimi because: added an s to objects

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

rickymouse
If there is a capstone on top of that thing, I am sure that they will take the capstone and study it, saying one never existed. It is the missing link of the pyramids. Whatever was on top of the pyramids was very important to know, I would assume it had gold in it. Some say that the Egyptian pyramids quit working because the underground flowing water and caverns went dry. I somehow believe that. I wonder if the capstones were incorporated into other egyptian and Roman structures, it seems to me that they would have taken them when they scavenged the pyramids.

Throughout my leisurely research on these topics, the most fascinating theory is that a quartz crystal sphere was placed upon each pyramid as an energy source. Kinda like a high tech transmitter of information and energy. Free energy. I am hoping so badly we can get underwater photos of any kinds of markings, symbols, anything to help us understand our own history - and therefore help guide us through a more peaceful future. Preferably, a group not assisted by the gov't as to lessen the probability of keeping any more detailed information secret.

Awesome dis-covery!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

AlchemistSwami
reply to post by voyger2

Some interesting pictures from google earth, I wonder if this is it

Interesting find S & F!

The boater said 40m off the coast. That seems a little too far.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Great! But also nooooooooooo!

Why wasn't a private/secret/independent dive carried out BEFORE handing it over to the authorities? 40 meter depth well within human capability to dive to. Someone get the heck out to those co-ordinates tomorrow!!!

Like someone else said, probably won't exist in a couple of months now, bummer

edit on 24-9-2013 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It looks like it's the system displaying the image that is creating the pyramid it's like many alien/ufo pics on here it has a LOW resolution so contours look like straight lines with sharp corners .

Pause the video when the contours are displayed even areas further away from the supposed pyramid have straight lines and sharp corners

edit on 24-9-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

The base of the pyramid is located on a contour line 350 metres below sea level. Therefore, either sea level has increased by that amount (at least) since the pyramid was built, or the land on which it was built has descended below sea-level by that amount (or some combination of both). Since it is unlikely that the pyramid would have been built on an island platform at sea-level, I assume that it was built at a time when sea levels were much, much lower than today.
There is evidence for this assumption. Past ice-ages resulted in several miles of ice build-up on land masses with a corresponding reduction in sea levels. Human habitation migrated to newly-exposed land. Subsequent melting of ice would cause sea levels to rise again and inundate evidence of occupation.
This is not necessarily evidence of Atlantis, but it is strong evidence of past human habitation at that location. The chances are that archaeological exploration of the area will reveal more.
I recommend the following book "Subdue the Earth" for a lucid discussion of the the effect of ice ages on sea levels openlibrary.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Can't tell anything from the various scans. That area of the ocean is filled with all kinds of volcano and hot spot peaks. If one has a relatively steep cone shape to it it'll likely look like a "pyramid" in such lousy scans.

I'm a supporter of the idea that if there was a relatively developed civilization in the Atlantic it could have been on a pre-sunken part of the ridge. But this doesn't seem anything at all like evidence of it to me. I would expect the civilization to have developed long the major rivers of the plateau, and not left much if any evidence on mountain tops, which is why you don't find evidence on the islands, themselves.

So I think it's a load of bunk.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

rickymouse
reply to post by Klassified

It is having an open mind when looking at things that is important. Here on ATS I see three basic types of people. I see debunkers who quickly try to prove things wrong and ignore the big picture or any possible truth in the thread if any deception or wrong thinking is involved. Then I see those who strongly believe in their perception. They see what they believe is true. This is normal vision for most people, they see what they know or believe. This normal vision is utilized by debunkers, they see a need to debunk things and they do not see any truth in the thread sometimes.

The last type is the open minded person, they need a lot of evidence to believe in something but their curiosity keeps their mind open till they can learn more. They will often give an opinion but will not say definitely that something is wrong without doing research. This is where we all should be, you can not deny the existance of something just because there is no evidence yet. I used to be guilty of this till I found some stuff in the yard. I jumped to the wrong conclusion at first of what I was seeing and got debunked. The problem is that my perception steered the debunking, the artifacts looked like body parts of fish and animals so I assumed they were fossils. Upon research I found that many of the things the ancient people built looked like things found in nature. Look at an old car, they have two eyes and a grill/mouth. Now they have slanted eyes and a smaller grill/mouth, they almost look like oriental people.
Most vehicles have either two or four wheels/legs just like animals. We have a hard time accepting things that do not look like something found in nature, and many times nature does have very efficient ways.

I opened my mind, something that is harder to do when you are older. I learned that without an open mind you are easily fooled, by yourself. You cannot see what is right in front of you. I have to note that our government and society do not really want our eyes open. They want us conditioned to see what they think is reality. This is not a bad thing always, civilizations need to be civil. This puts us at personal risk though, we could lose everything in this fake economy by believing it is real. Our countries economic situation was way better off in the seventies even though we were in a pretty tough recession. At least the jobs that were out there were real.

Well said!

Here's my open mind...

Why is it so hard to believe that there were ancient civilizations? It seems that many structures and monoliths are found to be just under the sea that shouldn't be. Makes sense that during the last Ice Age the ocean levels were very, very low and these civilizations advanced, then when the ice melted, they were covered in water. Hence...the great flood stories in so many cultures and religions.

Where this alleged pyramid was found is near the Azores Islands so it's not to hard to believe that these areas had much more land mass during the last Ice Age, and possibly all these islands were connected, right?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

be4ne1
What the Hades are these people so danged afraid of ? Why is it that such extremes are gone to to keep the masses from learning about our past and the past of anything significant we endeavor to discover? Are they afraid we'll discover their nest or what?

Well it would have to be one helluva whopper wouldn't it?

It always gets me thinking of the macro and the micro. That which is above so below, so to speak.

Another words, what was obviously done to the Native Americans by the colonials....well take that as the microcosm. The macrocosm was, who came to Earth and uprooted the "root" races and stretched their kingdom throughout Europe, New Zealand, Australia and North America. Or the "Western" world and why were they so more "sophisticated" the said root races?

Why did the westerners all happen to take the ideal land masses for weather and easy crop growing?

edit on 24-9-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Nostrenominon

smurfy
reply to post by Nostrenominon

You must be one of those remote viewing chaps, knowing as you do that it is Bullshiite. Perhaps you should tell the Portuguese navy so, and save them wasting diesel looking for pyramids!!

edit on 24-9-2013 by smurfy because: (no reason given)

I would but they're already not concerned, because it isn't real.

Well, according to a helpful poster's translation,

"The Government says that the matter is already being investigated with the support of the Portuguese Navy."

That means, if the translation is in context, (and there is no real reason to say otherwise since the statement is unabiguous) they are in fact, wasting diesel if it is "not real".
The Education minister's translation is more difficult, since it is not specific to any anomaly, just that the area is monitored. I think that it is reasonable enough then, to interpret there, (you can contradict if you like, I don't care) that what is meant is not to presume anything man made exists, and is most likely something mundane. But, neither does the minister appear to be saying to his other government colleagues who would be looking after the Navy, to 'pull it' and stop wasting money, either. That's a far cry from, "Bullshiite it's not real"

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sunspot0

This is getting more and more interesting, so if Atlantis does exist what would all of this in tittle?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ciscoagent

I'm not sure if understood your question / theory. But, when you see 350 meters, its referred to depth of the site in relation to the medium level of the sea (0 meters). so it's -350meters.... well I hope I'm on your track..

edit on 24-9-2013 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

hknudzkknexnt

This is getting more and more interesting, so if Atlantis does exist what would all of this in tittle?

Atlantis doesn't exist, well at least not in its original thought/form. If it did, which clearly according to historical accounts (including the bible), it is likely (mostly) underwater or under ice or both!

Atlantis could be an island, a country, a continent or even a people. Like westerners don't just hail from one island, country or even continent.

Atlantis was our past and according to legends they were quite the people. Even in our present day we would likely look at them in wonder. But again, we have been lost and quite lost for some time. As we become "more advanced" the people become more stupid. Case in point, if you work in a call center or something you needn't look any further than the "smoke hut" or break room and see how many drones are busy staring down at their "dumbphones" and how many are actually engaged in intellectual thought......yeah I thought so.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Interesting - but I'll wait for confirmational evidence showing what it is or isn't - perhaps a Sitnalta?
edit on 24/9/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Rosinitiate

hknudzkknexnt

Atlantis doesn't exist, well at least not in its original thought/form. If it did, which clearly according to historical accounts (including the bible), it is likely (mostly) underwater or under ice or both!

Atlantis could be an island, a country, a continent or even a people. Like westerners don't just hail from one island, country or even continent.

Atlantis was our past and according to legends they were quite the people. Even in our present day we would likely look at them in wonder. But again, we have been lost and quite lost for some time. As we become "more advanced" the people become more stupid. Case in point, if you work in a call center or something you needn't look any further than the "smoke hut" or break room and see how many drones are busy staring down at their "dumbphones" and how many are actually engaged in intellectual thought......yeah I thought so.

I am sorry, I just don't get what your point is. Plato's remarks are about an advanced civilisation that perished, or that simply disappeared, with an emphasis on a natural catastrophe, (Earthquake, therefore vunerable) since Plato didn't expand it in any other way. There is no dumbing down expressed.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

voyger2
reply to post by ciscoagent

I'm not sure if understood your question / theory. But, when you see 350 meters, its referred to depth of the site in relation to the medium level of the sea (0 meters). so it's -350meters.... well I hope I'm on your track..

edit on 24-9-2013 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

Well to me that means the site is safe from conventional scuba divers. World record is 318.25 M and their is a claim for 330 M so I can't see anything aside from a submersible investigating this in depth.

I certainly hope it's what they think it is but it begs the question of how did it wind up so deep. If land sank to that depth I would think there would be very little chance of such a structure remaining in tact. That's a lot of water to account for otherwise. I am skeptically open minded about this hopeing this is the real deal. It would create a lot more questions than answers IMO.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I'm a little confused to what you guys are talking about here...in the OP it says that the pyramid was found 40 meters below the surface of the water with a height of 60 meters meaning the base of the pyramid is 100 meters below the water's surface.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

They did. In the Bermuda Triangle.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

smurfy

I am sorry, I just don't get what your point is. Plato's remarks are about an advanced civilisation that perished, or that simply disappeared, with an emphasis on a natural catastrophe, (Earthquake, therefore vunerable) since Plato didn't expand it in any other way. There is no dumbing down expressed.

So I'm not really sure what you don't get as i made a few quick points to another poster about her question and you quoted my entire post.

Well I was simply answering another posters question, "what does all this in tittle" ? (Sic)

And I was giving a real cliff notes version stating that Atlantis is, was, were a people, possibly more than an island and more than even a country perhaps. I went on to described that this "advanced civilization that perished" to quote you above, in comparison to modern day. Then I went on a brief rant about how dumb society is today. *eyes rolling* what's so complicated about that?
edit on 24-9-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join