It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramid from ATLANTIS ancient civilization may been discovered at Açores - Portugal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

Interesting find at this time, since a recent book puts Atlantis as Silvas in the Algarve,

www.theportugalnews.com...
While not the exact same location that might mean there could be more pyramids dotted about the general areas.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

just a tiny correction, the article linked referred to Silves, in south of Portugal, not Silvas.

thanks

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
If there is a capstone on top of that thing, I am sure that they will take the capstone and study it, saying one never existed. It is the missing link of the pyramids. Whatever was on top of the pyramids was very important to know, I would assume it had gold in it. Some say that the Egyptian pyramids quit working because the underground flowing water and caverns went dry. I somehow believe that. I wonder if the capstones were incorporated into other egyptian and Roman structures, it seems to me that they would have taken them when they scavenged the pyramids.

It appears there is something offset in one of the pictures of the top of the pyramid. I wonder what it is. It could be something used to raise the blocks also, maybe they were still using it. Would it be interesting to find it was a big cable and gear reduction unit.

Even if this is a pyramid, it doesn't mean this was Atlantis. I am interested to see future articles about this structure. Hopefully they get pictures someday.
edit on 24-9-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

What a fascinating discovery.
Maybe its a pyramid atop of a volcano.
If it is, it maybe possible the old lava tunnels in the volcano would of had some connection to the afterlife and underworld.
Possibly with carvings and maybe even written language.
Of course im only speculating here.

My speculation comes from a book i recently read and enjoyed, by David Gibbons called Atlantis its worth reading for sure.

I hope we are kept up to date with progress.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

voyger2
The discover was made by a Portuguese sailor named Diocleciano Silva(also a veterinary) , five months ago, when he was searching for fishing grounds on Açores islands (Between S. Miguel and Terceira Island).

The sailor said at first place couldn't believe what he had discovered and for some time he kept the secret for him self.

With is boat sonar, we has able to measure the size of the pyramid (you can watch it on the video), located about 40meters from the water surface, with an height of 60 meters and an base of 8000 square meters (aprox. 90x90 m).

He said also that the vertex of the pyramid was facing north and south, like Giza pyramids in Egypt.

At this time the coordinates of the discovery, were sent to Portuguese Ministry of Culture.

Another source:
ww1.rtp.pt...
edit on 24-9-2013 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

This is just as much BS as the "Baltic Sea Anomaly". What a joke. You'd think if someone made the most important archaeological discovery known to man, over 5 months ago, someone would have heard about it by now.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Nostrenominon

Did you listen and understood the sailor? no you didn't....

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Call me suspicious, but getting a high resolution pyramid shape out of a bathymetry scan with low resolution contours... Wouldnt that be sort of impossible?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Wow, this must be real to bring out the "shills" so strongly and quickly.
And just joined too...
edit on 24-9-2013 by granite because: sp

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

You must be one of those remote viewing chaps, knowing as you do that it is Bullshiite. Perhaps you should tell the Portuguese navy so, and save them wasting diesel looking for pyramids!!

edit on 24-9-2013 by smurfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by merka

Why would that be impossible? I mean unless someone went through a lot of trouble to build a point cloud of data and had a way to feed it into the screen we are seeing the image on, I would have to believe that the equipment plotted and rendered the data.
Ah, if only Google had a Google Oceans that, like their street map program, had little autonomous subs all over the ocean charting the sea floor so we could view it from our lazy chairs...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

voyger2
reply to post by smurfy

just a tiny correction, the article linked referred to Silves, in south of Portugal, not Silvas.

thanks

Yes I was out for a short while and noticed that when I got back. But here in the UK we don't get four hours to edit a post, more like one hour, so I couldn't change it.

edit on 24-9-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Wow that is amazing! But it is not Atlantis, its a pyramid. Thats like calling Giza, Egypt lol.

I have always believed that Atlantis is not submerged in water, but under ice. My belief is that, there are remains of a great civilization under the Antarctic ice-continent. The sheer size of Antarctica, is huge, and large enough for advanced humans to build a great civilization.

It has to make you wonder, where does this signature pyramid stucture originate from? We know there are pyramids on Mars. The structural alignments with Orion's belt, globallym could give a hint.

I do know one thing, the white race is not native to Earth. The native inhabitants of ancient-ancient earth, are black and darker tone. The white race popped up like corn somewhere on the timeline, I believe they call them the Aryan race, aka, Orion race?

Anyways thanks for bringing this to my attention. The survivors and refugees of destructed Atlantis, had to flee to the nearest land masses; which as I said I believe Atlantis is Antarctica, so the nearest would be Austrailia, South America, and Africa, which would make up all the black-races on Earth.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
i think the idea is a pyramid that could be part of Atlantis. would be amazing even if its just a pyramid that is not part of Atlantis.
white people just popped up ? from Orion ? Aryan-Orion ? interesting. i guess the thing is just that different skin tones are adapted to different climates on our planet.

curious what the portuguese government and navy are going to find out. they sure have the best equipment to investigate.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

This is an area were other's over the years have claimed to have found sunken pyramids, city's and road's but this is the first actual evidence I have seen (And I am a believer in sunken civilisation's around the world), not that exciting to most but the implications of a large stone pyramid (assuming stone) are that a fairly advanced culture with a large workforce was available for the construction so city's must also exist or have existed and how old is the structure, ice age or older.

Definitely one to watch but as someone has already said somebody may destroy it before it can be researched, at least now the site is located there will be treasure divers ripping it apart in no time which is a far more likely danger to the site.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

misscurious

voyger2
reply to post by sunspot0

Since I'm Portuguese I will help you w/ the translations.
It's not a Sand bank... Pyramid was discovered when he was searching for a fishing ground not a sand bank.

He's name is Diocleciano Silva not Diocleciano Smith.

I will leave a nice picture screen

Care to notice, by the contour liner / level lines, the pyramid shape is located in a top of a mountain.
edit on 24-9-2013 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

Id love to see them explain that as a natural anomoly!! If its real its as clear as day what that is!!

Was thinking the same thing...I have a degree in geography and although my work is mostly above the water...I havent seen any natural countour lines like that in my life above land. Just to add to the thread debate....its not really all that hard to imagine a possible pyramid that sunk and remained in tact. Not saying its atlantis.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The square contours in that image are clearly fake (note the normal contour level is 50m
)

How much more is fake I couldn't say, but applying Ockham's Razor, I'd say this guy found a pyramidal shaped natural mound - maybe volcanic, maybe not - on the seafloor. On land we call them hills and there are several hundred thousand around the world.

There is no evidence of a manmade structure.

edit on 24-9-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

smurfy

You must be one of those remote viewing chaps, knowing as you do that it is Bullshiite. Perhaps you should tell the Portuguese navy so, and save them wasting diesel looking for pyramids!!

edit on 24-9-2013 by smurfy because: (no reason given)

I would but they're already not concerned, because it isn't real.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

granite

Wow, this must be real to bring out the "shills" so strongly and quickly.
And just joined too...
edit on 24-9-2013 by granite because: sp

You don't know that. I could have multiple usernames. The f*** is a shill dude?
Yes the pyramids of atlantis must be real...they were discovered 5 months ago, didn't you get the memo?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

voyger2

Did you listen and understood the sailor? no you didn't....

Did you understood the English language? Obviously not.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

Some interesting pictures from google earth, I wonder if this is it

Interesting find S & F!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join