It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramid from ATLANTIS ancient civilization may been discovered at Açores - Portugal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
The discover was made by a Portuguese sailor named Diocleciano Silva(also a veterinary) , five months ago, when he was searching for fishing grounds on Açores islands (Between S. Miguel and Terceira Island).

The sailor said at first place couldn't believe what he had discovered and for some time he kept the secret for him self.

With is boat sonar, we has able to measure the size of the pyramid (you can watch it on the video), located about 40meters from the water surface, with an height of 60 meters and an base of 8000 square meters (aprox. 90x90 m).

He said also that the vertex of the pyramid was facing north and south, like Giza pyramids in Egypt.

At this time the coordinates of the discovery, were sent to Portuguese Ministry of Culture.

Another source:
ww1.rtp.pt...
edit on 24-9-2013 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
We`ll have to keep an eye on this and wait to see what emerges. Looks like a one-man-claim up to now.

Atlantologists have been saying for hundreds of years that Atlantis was probably out where the Azores are now because to the Mayas and Aztects the "sunken land" lies east and to the Europeans that same mythical land lies "west".

Luckily he secured the exact coordinates and they are now published, which would make a cover-up difficult.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Somebody will send In a sub, to reduce this anomaly to rubble, and keep hidden the secrets from past advanced civilizations.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
That's pretty cool,

Not saying it 'is' Atlantis but still very interesting that there is a pyramid there

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

Good find.
Hope this isnt the last we hear of it though............

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
found a translate from other site.

It has been discovered an underwater pyramid with 60 meters high and 8000 meters square base near the Bank (Sand Bank maybe, not sure about this) "D. João de Castro", between the islands of Terceira and São Miguel (Azores Arquipelag, Portugal, Middle Of The Atlantic).

The structure was identified by the sailor Diocleciano Smith, using bathymetry (maybe hydrometry) reading means.

The author's discovery does not believe that the pyramid is of natural origin.

The Government says that the matter is already being investigated with the support of the Portuguese Navy.

The Regional Secretary of Education, Luiz Fagundes Duarte believes that, taking into account the location is in investigated and monitored area, one should not treat it as human work (meaning natural formations).

News, RTP / Azores

Read more: www.disclose.tv...

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sunspot0

Since I'm Portuguese I will help you w/ the translations.
It's not a Sand bank... Pyramid was discovered when he was searching for a fishing ground not a sand bank.

He's name is Diocleciano Silva not Diocleciano Smith.

I will leave a nice picture screen

Care to notice, by the contour liner / level lines, the pyramid shape is located in a top of a mountain.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
What a fascinating find! I really hope that we are able to hear more about this, if they really are investigating it.

Thanks OP!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

sunspot0
found a translate from other site.

It has been discovered an underwater pyramid with 60 meters high and 8000 meters square base near the Bank (Sand Bank maybe, not sure about this) "D. João de Castro", between the islands of Terceira and São Miguel (Azores Arquipelag, Portugal, Middle Of The Atlantic).

The structure was identified by the sailor Diocleciano Smith, using bathymetry (maybe hydrometry) reading means.

The author's discovery does not believe that the pyramid is of natural origin.

The Government says that the matter is already being investigated with the support of the Portuguese Navy.

The Regional Secretary of Education, Luiz Fagundes Duarte believes that, taking into account the location is in investigated and monitored area, one should not treat it as human work (meaning natural formations).

News, RTP / Azores

Read more: www.disclose.tv...

It is strange that Secretary of Education makes a comment that it should be treated as a natural formation before anyone seeing it. It is a known fact that if someone looks at something with negativity, they will not see the positive. This guy is putting negativity on the table as the first option, the people investigating it should be looking at it with an open mind not a mind that is closed. The academic high position of this guy makes it worse. he has influence over many people.

There are a lot of possible reasons that pyramid can be sunk. If it was built on a shelf with water underneath the shelf could have cracked and it sunk. If it was an island, the island could have sunk for many different reasons, such as an underground aquifer draining out. A habitable island would need drinking water.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Academia are not known for their open mindedness. I would cite the yonaguni monument as an example of that. On the other hand, a healthy dose of cynicism is definitely called for with this "find".

One of my pet theories, is that a pyramid(s) will yet be found that exceeds Giza in age and wonder by far. (If it/they haven't already been found)

I won't be holding my breath on this one, but I'll definitely be watching.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

voyger2

It's not a Sand bank... Pyramid was discovered when he was searching for a fishing ground not a sand bank.

Care to notice, by the contour liner / level lines, the pyramid shape is located in a top of a mountain.

Sorry about that didn't notice that

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Q33323
Somebody will send In a sub, to reduce this anomaly to rubble, and keep hidden the secrets from past advanced civilizations.
Got any examples that aren't rectally sourced? We are here to "Deny Ignorance", eh?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Well, I really don't want break any expectations here, but i read a theory here that says this is possibly the top of an volcano.

So here's the explanation.

«Those rough lines are called contour lines or projected level lines. They represent the contour of horizontal slices of the terrain, each one at precise level. In a natural terrain those lines are usually curved.
The lines seen on the monitor, for graphical simplifying reasons or software limitations, aren't curves/contour lines because they are rough straight lines as you can see on all extension of the image surroundings.»

so maybe this is a volcano...

Meanwhile they will do some investigation on this one to clear any doubts ...
I will break in if further news comes out around here...
sorry guys..

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

It is having an open mind when looking at things that is important. Here on ATS I see three basic types of people. I see debunkers who quickly try to prove things wrong and ignore the big picture or any possible truth in the thread if any deception or wrong thinking is involved. Then I see those who strongly believe in their perception. They see what they believe is true. This is normal vision for most people, they see what they know or believe. This normal vision is utilized by debunkers, they see a need to debunk things and they do not see any truth in the thread sometimes.

The last type is the open minded person, they need a lot of evidence to believe in something but their curiosity keeps their mind open till they can learn more. They will often give an opinion but will not say definitely that something is wrong without doing research. This is where we all should be, you can not deny the existance of something just because there is no evidence yet. I used to be guilty of this till I found some stuff in the yard. I jumped to the wrong conclusion at first of what I was seeing and got debunked. The problem is that my perception steered the debunking, the artifacts looked like body parts of fish and animals so I assumed they were fossils. Upon research I found that many of the things the ancient people built looked like things found in nature. Look at an old car, they have two eyes and a grill/mouth. Now they have slanted eyes and a smaller grill/mouth, they almost look like oriental people.
Most vehicles have either two or four wheels/legs just like animals. We have a hard time accepting things that do not look like something found in nature, and many times nature does have very efficient ways.

I opened my mind, something that is harder to do when you are older. I learned that without an open mind you are easily fooled, by yourself. You cannot see what is right in front of you. I have to note that our government and society do not really want our eyes open. They want us conditioned to see what they think is reality. This is not a bad thing always, civilizations need to be civil. This puts us at personal risk though, we could lose everything in this fake economy by believing it is real. Our countries economic situation was way better off in the seventies even though we were in a pretty tough recession. At least the jobs that were out there were real.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

voyger2

Id love to see them explain that as a natural anomoly!! If its real its as clear as day what that is!!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Rickymouse, I too am taking the open-minded approach to this discovery. I have to say that the sonograph that shows a pyramid-like structure really has me intrigued because not only is it pyramid shaped but, clearly, the top 1/4 or so of the structure either has a smooth singular capstone (thinking giant crystalline piece here) or the angle of the sides on that part has changed slightly and consistently around all four edges. I think some of the pyramids in Giza show a slight change in profile near the top too. This is all too coincidental to be a volcano or natural formation, at least in my mind. I hope they get some cameras on it and show a feed someday. The similarities in alignment that is shared by the great pyramid is also unlikely to be the result of a natural act.

edit on 24-9-2013 by evc1shop because: eta

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Could it fit the Genesis flood story of the great deep being opened and the subterranean water coming out and the void causing the land to drop ? Seems that there are a few structures under a bunch of water that must have come from somewhere ...just trying to paint a picture in my mind of the past ,pre-flood is all ...peace

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Agreed. Confirmation bias, group think, and consensus reality, have all but stripped away critical thinking skills among the populace. It's up to us to teach ourselves this skill, and it takes time to undo the desire to believe what we want to believe, instead of asking questions, and thinking as objectively as we can.

Which is why I don't immediately dismiss this find as wishful thinking. Nor do I embrace it. I prefer to wait and see what comes of it.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Q33323

I'd say they would loot what ever is inside first, then dispose of it. I think there are probably many underwater structures all over.

Reminds of Raymond brown -

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
ok. I'm just adding some of my thoughts / conclusions...

First, this sailor shows from is speech, that he haves some credibility and he knows what is talking about... He kept the secret for 5 months and only shared w/ his friends, that encouraged him to come further .. And w/ this, I'm saying he and his friends must have some experience on sailing and consequently on bathymetric maps ...so something could be down there.

second, the pyramid seems to have two heights. one of aprox. 64metres (200-136) and another of 140 meters (340-200), as seen on the image above. Whats does it mean, in terms of natural formation (volcano)? I don't know.

third, didn't found much about software limitations or rough approximations... shouldn't also the sailor take in consideration this, five months later, before coming to news? hum..

makes me scratch my head...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join