Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Wedding get cancelled, the homeless get fed.

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
200 Homeless People Invited for Dinner After Daughter's Wedding Gets Called Off.

When an engaged couple calls off the wedding, it is usually a time of sadness and anger. But one family in Atlanta found a way to turn a terrible situation into a beautiful one.

Carol and Willie Fowler's daughter Tamara was set to get married at the Villa Christina catering hall, when the wedding was called off just 40 days before the event. Initially the Fowlers were upset to hear that the lavish gathering they had planned and paid for was not going to happen. Then they had a genius and generous idea: They invited 200 of the city's homeless to feast on the four-course meal that would have been part of Tamara's wedding reception.

Very nice and thoughtful.

Its not uncommon to hear about cancelled weddings and people losing their deposits but in this case the money did not go to waste.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Awesome.
I wish more people were this thoughtful.
Thanks for posting this, it's great to hear a "nice" story here every so often.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Awesome story!!!

I was amost expecting to read about how some law made it illegal and they were charged with a crime.

Glad this was not the case. Sanity prevails, for once!!!

I wish we could read more of this sort of thing...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

winofiend
Awesome story!!!

I was amost expecting to read about how some law made it illegal and they were charged with a crime.

Glad this was not the case. Sanity prevails, for once!!!

I wish we could read more of this sort of thing...

So true !
Almost waiting for the part where they were sued for food poisoning or the cops came in and tasered everybody (with their reverse engineered alien tech).
Good news is good

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
At first I thought the cops stepped in, then upon reading it was suprised!

This is the type of stuff we are made of, we are good people!

Reading things like this warms my heart to no end!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Very smart on behalf of the not married couple now! This can be written off and they can actually recoup some of their money....Not to mention the better part of the story which is homeless actually eating!!

Good for whoever's idea this was, things like this should happen more often!!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Thanks for posting a nice story on ATS for a change
Good to hear there are still decent people around and that, what was for them a sad occasion, was put to good!

new topics

top topics

join