It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need an Answer.. "Is Curiosity waiting For Comet Ison?"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
When I look around the historical curiosity..
suddenly I think if the robot (curiosity) is waiting for comet ison? why until now we could not see ison from the surface of mars? i think MRO already see it..sure it will be very Close Image of this calestial Body..

i think there is a Conspiracy of this Connection..

edit on 24-9-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/24/2013 by semperfortis because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Aliens on board the ISON:

"da f*** is this Big Brother sh**????!"

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Well it does state in your graphic there that the closest approach wont be until October 1 , so thats probably the best time for it.

Im not sure what the conspiracy is ?

edit on 24/9/13 by skonaz because: syntax

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   

skonaz
reply to post by cheesy

Well it does state in your graphic there that the closest approach wont be until October 1 , so thats probably the best time for it.

Im not sure what the conspiracy is ?

edit on 24/9/13 by skonaz because: syntax

TQ sir..
Is Curiosity already on earth? no..think it wait for ISON..Get the sampel Of It and bring back to earth for Preparation..because until now they not find any evident of live factor..so they wasting money? no i dont think so..Make sense?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Comet ZION is coming to prove that the Jews really are god's chosen people....

ok, i made that up...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

But isn't ISON turning out to be a bit of a dud?

When Comet ISON was discovered last year, it was so bright that some thought it would outshine the moon. But it hasn't brightened as much as predicted. Its early outbursts, originally thought to herald a huge comet, were instead carbon dioxide frost evaporating from a metre-thick coating it collected in the solar system's frigid outer reaches.

link

I think we will just have to wait and see how it passes the Sun.

found this also -

plans are afoot for the Curiosity rover and the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter to attempt imaging the comet when it makes its closest approach to the Red Planet on October 1st at 0.0724 Astronomical Units (A.U.) or 10,830,000 kilometres distant. If MSL is successful, it would be the first time that a comet has been observed from the surface of another world.

This page has good info
link

edit on 24-9-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: to add more

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I see what you're saying ,
Wouldnt it also make sense to leave it there if there was a chance of capturing comet data while they're at it ?
Im not sure that the waiting is the expensive part of the operation.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
When did they make the buggy capable of coming back to Earth?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

winofiend

lol - You obviously never saw the documentary "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang"

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

winofiend

Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter communicates with the Deep Space Network antennas on Earth using two different kinds of radio waves:

X-band: the current standard in communications, which, when amplified, allows the orbiter to send data back to Earth more than 10 times faster than previous missions.
Ka-band: a previously untested radio frequency four times higher than X-band, which allows scientists to bring data back even faster.
From the viewpoint of a Deep Space Network antenna on Earth, the orbiter spends about one-third of its time behind Mars during each orbit. During these times, the orbiter is "occulted from the Earth." During occultations, Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter cannot usefully send or receive radio signals.

NASA Deep Space Network (DSN)
The NASA Deep Space Network - or DSN - is an international network of antennas that support interplanetary spacecraft missions and radio and radar astronomy observations for the exploration of the solar system and the universe.
So, out of 16 hours of daily Deep Space Network tracking, Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter sends data to Earth for 10 to 11 hours, and does that for about 700 days. The data rate is about 0.5 to 4 megabits per second. With these figures in mind, the estimated volume of data returned by Mars Reconnaissance Orbit was predicted to be about 34 terabits. In fact, the spacecraft has already returned more than 50 terabits of data -- more data than all previous planetary missions combined.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

cheesy
Is Curiosity already on earth? no..think it wait for ISON..Get the sampel Of It and bring back to earth for Preparation..

Curiosity isnt getting a sample from comet ISON, its only going to be taking some photos as it passes by Mars.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

That's information via radio signal, not physically coming back with data.

Oo

We must invent a returnable model t curiosity. We will do it using toot sweets!

oO

(Yes, I have seen chitty chitty bang bang.. ohhh god I'm old)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

how about MRO sir?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Cheesy sir. In the nicest possible way, I want to advise you that your obsession with ISON is making your marbles roll away.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Nothing on Mars is able to return to earth. They have yet to send a sample return mission to either Mars, or the moon. The first sample return mission probably won't be until the mid-2020s at the earliest. The US and ESA were planning a joint mission in the 2020 range, but it was cancelled in 2011.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I've seen a couple vids that show Fema region 3 is in the cross hairs of Ison's debris field.

Here's 1 video of many predicting this is the event. I always thought it was going to be the $ collapse but only 1 region in particular seems to be targeted. Not unless they're targeting Fema 3 for safety due to DC...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

tracehd1
Here's 1 video of many predicting this is the event.

And this is where the video fails:

They've expanded the size of the Earth to 599999bazillion times the size that it actually is, so that the path of the comet appears to go through our planet.

But it doesnt.

On the correct scale, the Earth would actually appear only 1 or 2 pixels is size, and the path of the comet safely passes "above" it... leaving the doomsday dust trail to not hit us.

One of the comments left for the youtube video even says as much:

Second: Inbound Ison will pass above the Earth's orbit at a distance of 4 times greater than the Moon's orbit.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

cheesy

i think there is a Conspiracy of this Connection..

edit on 24-9-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/24/2013 by semperfortis because: Spelling

The papparazi of Space!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/mj51a2381d.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Well technically the Apollo program was a "return sample" mission...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
reply to post by Zaphod58

Well technically the Apollo program was a "return sample" mission...

Yes and the Russians returned about 4 oz of dust from the Moon as well.

Perhaps one of the most significant advances in sample return missions occurred in 1970 when the robotic Soviet mission known as Luna 16, successfully returned 101 grams (3.6 oz) of lunar soil.

Other Russian missions also returned samples.

Luna 20 returned 55 grams (1.9 oz) in 1974 and Luna 24 returned 170 grams (6.0 oz) in 1976. Although they recovered far less than the Apollo missions, they did this fully automatically.

edit on 24-9-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join